Error message:fatal error field type file is not supported for this function

 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an ascx file which contains a datagrid containing:

<asp:FileUpload ID="FileUpload1" runat="server"  />
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server"  CommandName = "UploadFile" Text="Submit File" />

This ascx file is loaded into an aspx file. The aspx file contains this line:

<form id="frm" name="frm" action="PageLoader.aspx?page_id=<%=pageId%>" method=post  enctype="multipart/form-data" runat="server">

The action calls the pageid.ascx which is the file with my Fileupload. The page loads  and I can upload files. However, the aspx file contains menus which link to other pages. When I click on any menu I receive the error message: fatal error field type file is not supported for this function.

How can I correct this? Why am I receiving this error? The error message repeats itself about 50 times until the page requested loads itself!

Thanks!

0
gilalig

 asp.net uses the <form> tag to handle its postbacks, im not sure if you can actually do this...

0
rtpHarry
8/28/2008 9:47:34 PM

 Please explain. Do you mean that I cannot use the form tag in the aspx file so that it will handle the uploading of the file from the ascx file? If I put the form tag in the ascx file the upload file input returns nothing. On the other hand, the error message no longer appears...

How can I upload the file AND not receive an error message using the scenario of having the ascx file loaded onto the aspx file?

Thanks!

0
gilalig

We cannot change the action of form which contains "runat=server". It posts to itself by default.

In your case, if we want to post to another page, we can use server.transfer or response.redirect method.

If we want to post data to another website, we can use HttpWebResponse and HttpWebRequest class.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

Getting Error Message "Error calling external function %s ..." when calling copymemoryIP function
Hi all, I am Tike. I am getting the error message as showed above when calling copymemoryIP external function in non visual object deployed as package in EA Server 5.2. I am using Powerbuilder version 9.0.3. The following is the coding of nf_connect function and the error hits at third CopyMemoryIp function which is at line 13. This nf_connect function is working fine without deploying as non visual object in EA Server. I couldn't find a solution for this issue for so many days, I really hope I can get it solved soon. Please help me if you know the solution. Thanks in advance. ...

Getting Error Message "Error calling external function %s ..." when calling copymemoryIP function Options
Hi all, I am getting the error message as showed above when calling copymemoryIP external function in non visual object deployed as package in EA Server 5.2. I am using Powerbuilder version 9.0.3. The following is the coding of nf_connect function and the error hits at third CopyMemoryIp function which is at line 13. This nf_connect function is working fine without deploying as non visual object in EA Server. I couldn't find a solution for this issue for so many days, I really hope I can get it solved soon. Please help me if you know the solution. Thanks in advance. S_HOSTENT ls...

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

Error, Error and more errors

errors errors errors..

error error error

Getting error in Net::SFTP with get function
------=_Part_7028_3315294.1193837808284 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, I have the following code as part of my program; print "---=========> $file, $localFile\n"; $sftp -> get( $file, $localFile ) || warn("errrrr0rrrrr _---> $!".$sftp->status."\n");^M Even though it has downloaded the file properly, it is giving the following message: ---=========> /trading/tiscrdenhlist10310000.txt.old, /export/home/crdadm/rajeev/tiscrdenhlist103...

Getting [dcc32 Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file Urgent [Edit]
Getting [dcc32 Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file while doing build/compile. (Note : my files are in shared server , whenever i compile the project i'm getting the above mentioned error at that time i was not able to connect to shared server . but other time i was able to connect to shared server.) please let me know that , what could be the reason for this error and how can i resolve this error. becasue of this error i'm not able to complete my works. please do the needful. Edited by: karthik thirumoorthi on Oct 31, 2014 2:53 AM ...

Deploy new website - getting error
This works fine on my development machine - I have deployed it to an IIS 6 machine.  I am getting: Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IBindableControl' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)Source Error: Line 492: private static void ExtractValuesFromBindableControls(IOrderedDictionary values, Control container) Line 493: { Line 494: IBindableControl control = container as IBindableControl; Line 495: if (control != null) Line 496: { IBindableControl ...

Getting Error while Restarting EAServer if queue has persistant messages Error(CtsComponents/MessageService/start: cache=jack_dev_pool: org.omg.CORBA.PERSIST_STORE: minor code: 0 completed: No)
hi all, I am using Java Messaging Queues, If queues has message while I am bouning EAServer, I am getting following Error. (CtsComponents/MessageService/start: cache=jack_dev_pool: org.omg.CORBA.PERSIST_STORE: minor code: 0 completed: No) I am getting ...

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

migrate 3.2.4 to 5.0.1 , get error type is not a valid parameter for the Bugzilla::Field::create function
Hi I try to migrate bugzilla 3.2.4 to a new machine with a new version of bz 5.0.1 BZ database was exported and imported to the new machine. I got some issue with FULLINDEX but found a solution to fix by hand , set ENGINE to MYISAM So I have an error from checksetup.pl Bugzilla::Field::populate_field_definitions(), when $class->_check_field called from Object.pm type is not a valid parameter for the Bugzilla::Field::create function Any idea ? On 12/14/2015 1:13 PM, v.gontcharov@gmail.com wrote: > I got some issue with FULLINDEX but found a solution to fix by hand , &...

Getting error message using error number
This probably is a silly question - Can anybody tell me how to trap an error message that is returned from the database inside a stored procedure? I am able to trap the error using the global var @@error, but dont seem to find any such thing for the text of the error message. I also am able to get the text of the corresponding error number from master..sysmessages, but then, the placeholders are empty. Any help is appreciated Thanks Arviind Rajan wrote: > > This probably is a silly question - > Can anybody tell me how to trap an error message that is returned from ...

I Get this error : Compiler Error Message BC30002.
Hi everybody, i'm working on a project and works fine in my local server, but when i try to public into the production server, doesn't works i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'ClsDataAccess' is not defined.Source Error:  Line 3: Partial Class Presentacion_MasterPageLine 4: Inherits System.Web.UI.MasterPageLine 5...

Web resources about - Error message:fatal error field type file is not supported for this function - asp.net.getting-started