Error - Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit' to 'int'

Hi Friends,

I am trying to limit the width of ImageButton control not to exceed 120 pixels.
But neither of the code snippets below work. Any suggestions?
// ------------------------
int iWidth = 120;
if (this.ImageButton1.Width > Unit.Parse(iWidth.ToString()))
{
this.ImageButton1.Width = 120;
}
// ------------------------
if (this.ImageButton1.Width > 120)
{
this.ImageButton1.Width = 120;
}
// ------------------------

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Rajan
0
rajanam

this.ImageButton1.Width is of datatype "unit" where as 120 is of type int. so you are comparing apples to oranges. convert the 120 also to "unit"

hth
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

ASPNET2 HELP! CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FileUpload'.
Server Error in '/start-movieposters' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FileUpload'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?) Source Error: ...

Error Serializing Value 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode' of type 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode'
Hi, I am  getting the error stated in the subject when i am storing a TreeNode in a ViewState and then using it as follows if (ViewState["ProductCounty"]!=null) { TreeNode _productCountyNode = DataTree.FindNode(((TreeNode)ViewState["ProductCounty"]).ValuePath); _productCountyNode.Expand(); } what could be causing this error? Hi, I believe TreeNode isn't serializable in a way its required for objects which can be put to ViewState - as reference - (TreeNode implements IStateManager and is meant to work together with TreeView itself saving it...

Dynamic read width from SQL, show error message: Cannot convert type 'string' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit'
 I wrote new post, here is my code, just simple page show big image with dynamic width and height, but somehow the Width='<%# Eval("GalleryImageWidth")  %>' does not work. people in here give me some sugestion like : Width='<%# Eval("GalleryImageWidth")  + "px" %>' or  Width='<%# Convert.ToInt32("GalleryImageWidth") %>' or any body can tell what's wrong with my code?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.
Hi,  I have a formview with a dropdownlist created dynamically. i want to determine whether the dropdownlist was clicked. the code is written in the FormView1_DataBound method. I get the following error in the line below that is in italics and underlined: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.   Here is my code: ddl_iFullname = New DropDownList ddl_iFullname.ID = "ddl_iFullname" ddl_iFullname.DataSource = ObjectDataSource3 ddl_iFullname.DataTextField = "fullname" ddl_iFullname.DataValueField = "...

Value of type 'Integer' cannot converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit'
I'd like to dynamically change the size of controls such as panel.In the code I putmainPage.Height = 500  'mainPage is a PanelHowever, it failed to compile with message;Value of type 'Integer' cannot converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit'How can I change the code so that it compiles? mainPage.Height = Unit.Pixel(500)  'mainPage is a PanelSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum It works very well. Thanks a lot....

Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to 'string'
I have a datagridLabel ID1 = (Label)(e.Item.FindControl("ID1")); Label Name1 = (Label)(e.Item.FindControl("Name1")); Label TableName = (Label)(e.Item.FindControl("TableName"));   No0w Iam trying to TBTableName.Text = lblTableName;                  tbid.Text = lblImageTypeID1;                   tbnameordes.Text = lblImageName1; I have tried l lbltablename.text,.tostring,convert.t...

Cannot implicitly convert type 'Login' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login'
hello  i have got this error on this part of code :protected void Wizard1_NextButtonClick(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardNavigationEventArgs e) {if (e.CurrentStepIndex == 0) {System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login l = (Login)Wizard1.FindControl("Login1");if (Membership.ValidateUser(l.UserName, l.Password)) { FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(l.UserName, l.RememberMeSet);e.Cancel = false; } else {l.InstructionText = "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again."; l.InstructionTextStyle.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;e.Cancel = ...

Cannot implicitely convert type 'string' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label'
 I'm starting to make a website for users to login. Once they login, I'm showing their profile. So I populate some asp:label controls on Page_Load. My profile page (shown after the user logs in) contains: <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/site.master" CodeFile="clientProfile.aspx.cs" Inherits="clientProfile" AutoEventWireup="true" Title="Car Look - Your profile" %> <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="mainContent" Runat="Server"> <div> &l...

CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'
I've got another error. Don't know where this is coming from. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="add_contact2.as...

Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to 'string' #2
Hi i am getting the following error "Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to 'string'", what am i doing wrong, my code looks like this;protected void lbtnSubmit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {foreach(DataGridItem dgi in dgAvailability.Items) {AvailabilityBLC availabilityBLC = new AvailabilityBLC(); availabilityBLC.Availability.AvailabilityDay =(Label)dgi.FindControl("lblDay");availabilityBLC.Availability.AvailabilityPrice = (TextBox)dgi.FindControl("priceTxt"); availabilityBLC.Availability.BBooked = (CheckB...

Error 17 Argument '2': cannot convert from 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FontSize' to 'float'
Error 17 Argument '2': cannot convert from 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FontSize' to 'float' Error 16 The best overloaded method match for 'System.Drawing.Font.Font(string, float, System.Drawing.FontStyle)' has some invalid arguments Code:chart.DrawString(Convert.ToString(barValue[i]), new Font("arial", FontSize.Small, FontStyle.Regular), TEXT_COLOR, (columnSpacing + CHART_LEFT_MARGIN), (BMP_HEIGHT - (CHART_BOTTOM_MARGIN - (currentBarHeight - BAR_LABEL_SPACE)))); Any solution? I would be grateful for any help. new Font("...

Having an error: BC30311: Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label'.
Error Message: Compiler Error Message: BC30311: Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label'. Line 13: myGetRandom.RetrieveDetails(lblQuestion.text, lblAnswers.text, lblViewCount.text, lblLastUpdated.text) Sub Page_Load Dim myGetRandom as new GetRandom myGetRandom.RetrieveDetails(lblQuestion.text, lblAnswers.text, lblViewCount.text, lblLastUpdated.text) End Sub Code behind Sub RetrieveDetails(lblQuestion as label, _ lblAnswers as label, _ lblViewCount as label, _ lblLastUpdated as...

Web resources about - Error - Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit' to 'int' - asp.net.getting-started