Embedding windows Form into Windows Control Library

hi all.

i m trying to create a windows control library  and embedding it into web application.

i want to embed windows form into  windows control library.

is it possible.

plz help me out

0
er

Based on your description, I understand that you need to embed a windows form into a windows control library and use the form in a web application. If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

We can put a windows form into a windows control library. It is possible. Here are the steps

1. Right click on the windows control library project and select Add New Item.
2. Add a Windows form and click Add.

However, with the current technology, we cannot put a windows form in a web project, because they are created with completely different technologies.

If you need to run your windows form application from a web application, you can consider the click-once deployment.

ClickOnce deployment allows you to publish Windows-based applications to a Web server or network file share for simplified installation. Visual Studio provides full support for publishing and updating applications deployed with ClickOnce.

For more information, please check the following link:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t71a733d(vs.80).aspx

Sincerely,
Kevin Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Mark as Not Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Kevin
9/24/2007 2:54:19 AM

 hi i m agred with ur ans.but i hv already added windows form into windows control library.

and i m opening that form into a panel.when i m embedding windows control into web application it's working and windows form is opened into a web page. Actually we r doing h/w interfacing in web application for that i m using windows control library to make control that ll capture images from camera and then we embed it into web application that runs into client m/c.

i hv implemented IMessageFilter interface onto the windows form which is into windows control library and that messsage filter taking picture from camera and showing into the form.it's working in control.but when i m embedding that control into web application it's not working because IMessage filter is nt there in web application.

i want to knw why iMessage filter is nt working in case of web application.if you have any idea then let me know.

0
er

When you drag and drop a windows form control into the ASP.NET web page, the windows form control is actually hosted in an ActiveX control called IEHost. This is different from you directly use it in a windows form application.

You will have limited access to files and other resources, including the windows message queue. That's why IMessageFilter is not working properly.

For this, I still suggest you use ClickOnce deployment and have your client trust the assembly. So that you can have more permission at the client.

Sincerely,
Kevin Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Mark as Not Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Kevin

.NET Windows Forms in .NET Library Model
Hi, I downloaded C# 2.0 Library Model and I see that it does not contain Windows Forms classes (System.Windows.Forms namespace). Is there another library model for this? ...

How to call window form from windows servcie in .net
Hi    I created a windows Service and i did following steps.>>protected override void OnStart(string[] args) { // TODO: Add code here to start your service.   System.Windows.Application.Run();Form1 frm = new Form1(); frm.Show(); }   I add the service installer and to start service i opened a command prompt then i typed installutil path/serviceproj.exe. And i started the service from Mycomputer->Manage. But windows service is not showing the form.Everyone is telling windows service not support UI.Its a background thing. So Form is not showing My ques...

How to Control a Window from other Window
Hi, I have a window with a complex customer datawindow report (wr_report.dw_report)... Now, I need to automatize the printing of these reports. I will try explain in a simply way.... I've created a "controler window" with a reference to the "report window" w_report wr wr = create w_report I assing values from the "controler window" to the "report window". wr.t_from = x wr.t_ultil = y wr.t_customer = z wr.load_data() wr.print_data() On Debug I can see the parameters are right...

.Net Windows Control Library
I created a Windows Control Library in C#, but I can't seem to import it into PB. My Code is such: int left int right int li_rc oleObject calc left = Integer(sle_1.Text) right = Integer(sle_2.Text) calc = Create OLEObject li_rc = calc.ConnectToObject("C:\D_Drive\experiment\testing.dll","testing.testing") Messagebox("Test",String(li_rc)) //st_1.Text = String(calc.Add(left,right)) Destroy calc I keep receiving Class Name not found. So I created a C# Windows application and no trouble using the DLL. Any help would be great, Thanks...

Embedded Windows Forms controls
I need to do some custom stuff in my web application so I'm trying to decide whether or not to write a Windows Forms Control and host it in an ASP.NET web page - the old hosted ActiveX control scenario.  If you tell me not to do this the alternative is writing an ActiveX control to do this! My  question is...Is it possible to print a document from such a control.  The  document will come from a website.  The control needs to assemble it and print it.  Is this operation restricted in any way for this type of implementation?  I know that file i/o is rest...

Windows A/D authentication using a form and getting a windows principle?
I want to authenticate against active directory and get a windows principle back, but I want to code a login form in an unauthenticated area of my application.I do not mean using forms/windows mixed mode, only that I am using windows auth, but have areas that are accessible to anyone (even unauthenticated users).When a user wants to access a private area, they must fill out the login form and pass the A/D test to get a windows principle back.  I need the windows principle because that is how the site manages groups, etc.Thanks in advance.--[_]-[_]--AGENT_SMITH...

.Net Windows Control in Web Form
Hi all,How can I use a .Net windows control in a web form? I use object tag but it doesn't work and displays empty.Thanks in advance cheers Hi, you can check this article out: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form. This shows only how to host the control. If you want interaction with the client you can do this by setting the correct CAS (Code Access Security) settings on the client pc. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Thanks guys for your replycheers...

Urgent!!! Form inside Windows form control (that is embedded to Web page i.e aspx), not displayed on button click
 Hi all I have a Windows Form Control(i.e Windows Control Library), that consists of a Button "button1" and  a panel "panel1". Also I have a form "form1.cs". On form "form1.cs" I have a label whose text value i have set to  "Hi". On click of button "button1" on windows form control i am opening the form "form1.cs"  inside a panel and it displays "Hi". The code of windows form control is as below :  public partial class UserControl1 : UserControl    {    ...

Printing .Net Windows Forms Controls with Cassini
I installed Cassini and I am able to browse to to a web page that contains a .NET Windows forms control.  When I do a print preview or print of that page, the control is not displayed.  That area is blank.   This page works fine with IIS, so I am guessing there is some factor related to Cassini as a web server.  I am using Windows 2000, IE 6.02... and .NET FrameWork 1.1.  All of the listed components have the latest server packs installed.   Any ideas on why this control does not show up in IE print/print preview?  Thanks in advance for any input! &nbs...

Getting values from popup window and setting it to controls on page in the parent browser window..How ? Help
Here's what I was doing: 1) Form " frm1.aspx" contains  of "TEXT-BOX",and is already open. On click of a link button on "frm1.aspx" , a popup window appaers(using javascript) in which " frm2.aspx" is Loaded . 2) In the pop-up window ("frm2.aspx" ),I select a value populated in a List box and after selecting, clicked "OK" (server) button. 3) In btnOK_Click event I stored the selected value in Session and Closed the PopUp window using window.Close() and re-directed to "frm1.aspx". 4) I wanted to put this value ,in Session, i...

How do you embed .Net Windows Control Library inside a web
Guys this is the 3rd day I'm trying to emebed ActiveX Control To a web page, But I didn't come up with the solution. Please Fogive me I'm still new in Dot.net Framework. Can anyone help me out. If you want to see my files I can email them to u, its small activeX control. here is my email xolela.khonza@didata.co.za Thank you in Advance Here is an article that will show you how to get started: Using Windows Forms Controls in Internet ExplorerJimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets...

How to get the image from child window to parent window and thus close child window
Hi AllI have two pages reg.aspx and show.aspx. From reg.aspx, i call show.aspx to show images in a grid view, some of the content of grid view is shown below. Now, iam displaying images here using show.aspx. Now, when user clicks on any image under show.aspx, iam calling closewindow() function. My task is that when user clicks on this photograph, the corresponding photograph should be displayed in image box under reg.aspx. For this iam passing on imageid to closewindow function and assigning it to a session variable so that i can use it under reg.aspx to connect to DB and use it to disp...

Passing values between aspx webpage and embedded Windows form control
 i  have a asp.net page with an embedded custom windows form. The form is included in the asp.net page like this:<OBJECT id="Object1" height="65" width="320" classid="MyDll.dll#MyDll.MyWinControls"></OBJECT> The form is displayed correctly and works, but i need to transfer one "Textbox" value from this embedded form to the webpage, where i can use it then again. I'm really new to this stuff and I really have no idea any more how i can do this. Can somebody please help me with my problem, You will need to creat...

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

Web resources about - Embedding windows Form into Windows Control Library - asp.net.getting-started

Embedding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an embedding (or imbedding ) is one instance of some mathematical structure contained within another instance, such as a group ...

Instagram adds web embedding, makes sharing content on the web easier
... its platform beyond its mobile applications. Today, the photo sharing application has made it easier to share photos and videos with web embedding. ...

Tumblr for iOS adds blog creation, trending tags widget, quick video embedding, more
... it, post your first post to it” right from the iPhone and iPad app. No web browser or computer required. Tumblr says its new video embedding ...

Instagram Adds Web Embedding in Bid for Real-Time Relevance
The real-time battle rages on. Instagram on Wednesday announced the latest in a string of recent updates, now allowing users to embed videos ...

The new Android Central Photography forums are open and feature Photosphere embedding
A great place to talk about the camera on your Android phone, and share the great pictures you take with it

Apple granted patent for embedding sapphire displays in LiquidMetal iPhone chassis
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Tuesday issued Apple a patent describing a process in which an iPhone's display glass including sapphire ...

MPAA "embedding is infringement" theory rejected by court
Judge Posner A federal appeals court has decisively rejected a legal theory that would have placed anyone who embeds a third-party video on ...

Embedding Getty Images
... many of the photos in their library. Sadly not that one of Roy and Steph, yet. But this one, from the same game, is now available for embedding. ...

From Lenses to Yoneda Embedding
Lenses are a fascinating subject. Edward Kmett’s lens library is an indispensable tool in every Haskell programmer’s toolbox. I set out to write ...