email in asp using CDONTS... cant send email

HELP!!! PLS!! I NEED REPLY NOW!! OR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE....

IM DEVELOPING A WEBSITE USING ASP... in DREAM WEAVER... MS ACCESS DATABASE... MY OS IS WINDOWS XP PRO....

I CANT SEND AN EMAIL... I TEST MY WEBSITE USING IIS.. I HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION... CAN I POSSIBLY SEND AN EMAIL?? THERE IS AN ERROR WHEN I TRIED TO TEST SENDING AN EMAIL... IM ONLY USING ASP... NOT ASP .NET

 Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
ActiveX component can't create object: 'CDONTS.NewMail'

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?? HELP PLEASE.... WHAT SHOULD I DO?? WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS.... PLEASE HELP... THIS IS PROJECT IN SCHOOL AND IM ON A DEADLINE.....

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE..!!!

0
mhaey03

ASP.Net has its own mail namespace - use it - don't try to use CDOnts

Are you using Classic ASP or ASP.Net?

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind
12/5/2006 5:44:01 PM
im using classic asp...
0
mhaey03
12/5/2006 6:25:02 PM
actually i figured it already.. i used CDO.Message... but what if i uploaded it on non-server website.. for example a free website uploader... will it run??
0
mhaey03
12/5/2006 6:27:59 PM

it depends on whether or not they support CDO or not

(btw - this is an ASP.Net forum)

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind
12/5/2006 6:33:06 PM

Seems there is duplicated thread http://forums.asp.net/thread/1486644.aspx

CDONTS is deprecated, it seems on exists on Windows 2000 and before.

0
GeorgeZ

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

how to get the correct email format when sending email using sqldatareader
I'm getting the email address from an excel sheet.But i need to send the email to multiple peopleWhen printing the below i geta@a.com;b@b.com;; But i want a@a.com;b@b.com; i don't need the extra semicolon Thanks code below------ while (oledr.Read()) { smail = oledr[0].ToString() + ";" + "<br>";   //smail += oledr[0].ToString() & ";"; //mail.To.Add(smail); //this.Label1.Text = smail; Response.Write(smail); }   If oledr[0].ToString() contains only one email address (and not a few), then you can do it this way:while (oled...

Get email address from DB and send email using VB
OK every time I figure something out on my own, there's 10 more things I can't seem to figure out. I feel like a VB moron. Ha. Anyway. Here's what I need to do...1. Retrieve the email addresses from my database table of people whose memberships to my organization has expired in the past month.2. Somehow plug those email addresses into a code to send them a prewritten, preformatted email.I have found an article on how to send an email using VB coding. I just don't know how I would send one email to every person whose membership has expired in the past month. Ideally, I'd like to be able to lo...

Get email suffix (.net, .org, etc...) from email using Regular Expressions
Does anyone have a code snippet that could do this in VB.NET? I want it to return .net if given bob@microsoft.net Thanks, ScAndal.NET Web Based CRM http://www.kineticcrm.com.NET Consulting http://www.kineticmedia.net Hm. Well, I can get you started, but it won't handle sub-domain e-mails. To make this example easier for me to think about, this regex will look for: someword@someword.some.more.words (Why ".some.more.words"? Because of international country extensions) And it will save the ".some.more.words" part in the Groups property of the Match in in...

Cant send email using IIS but can with .net 2 development server...
We have a web app that sends email notices when a user clicks a button. If I use the .net development server to run the pages, the email notifications are sent, no problem. If I run the site under IIS, the emails are not sent, and I get the following error: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketExcepti...

Creating Email Alias which would send email to select email accounts using HMC 4.0
Hello all,   I was wondering what is the best method of creating a email alias in exchange 2007. I tried using exchange 2007 console, but it seems the only way is to add the smtp address to each user. I did try a group, but it add's the default smtp address which I do not want there, and it complains when I try to remove it. I was wondering if there is a way from provision or exchange console....

Using ALTAS to Send Email (Email Form)
Hello all. I have yet to find anywhere an example on how one might use the underlying ATLAS API (not the fancy controls that come with it) to send a simple email from a simple webform. Can anyone point one out for me? Or maybe someone has an example tucked away somewhere that they might want to let out ino the public? Thanks,Andrew There is nothing special about sending e-mail with "Atlas". On the client you can use a link with the "mailto:" pseudo protocol, to fire up the default e-mail client. See mailto protocol for more information.On the server you can use the features in the Syste...

Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error)
hi,i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.below is the code i'm using  Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom) mmailMessage.From = mFrom Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com" mmailMessage.To.Add(ll) mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns" mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two" Dim ...

Using Email Interface
Hi-- I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what email address to send it to. Where do I find this email address/how can I set it up? Thanks rmandal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi-- > > I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I > want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know > how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what &g...

Sending of Email using CDONTS
When i try to send an email from vb using cdonts, the mail is being stored in queue folder instead. I tried using telnet to send a mail and the mail is being send so what is the problem that causes the mail to be stored in queue folder. Check the IIS logs.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question...

Sending an email using .net
Hi, I am using SMTP Mail object in vb.net to send off an email. Everything works fine most of the times but sporadically it sends the same messsage more than one time. It creates a lot of confusion to the users. I debugged the application and the line "clsMail.Send(clsMailMessage)', where clsMail is an object of SmtpMail and clsMailMessage is an object of MailMessage, runs only once but still my inbox has same email more than once. Please suggest me . Regards, Prerak Are you sure that you are not submiting your page multiple times or refreshing the page?Pandora Tomorrow ...

Sending HTML Email Using EMAIL::MIME::CreateHTML
------_=_NextPart_001_01C7D5F2.CEEC49EF Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using the Email::MIME:CreateHTML module to send html formatted emails. It all works fine until I try to change the "To" line to a scalar so that I can mass mail to different individuals. Has anyone used this module in a manner like this before? Thanks, my $email =3D travis_hervey@georgetowncollege.edu; while(<DAT>) { $line =3D TRIM($_); $html =3D $html . $_; if($line eq "</b...

hide email addresses from email after using smtp.send()
hello , I have some kind of subscribe feature , the emails are saved in database so am using a sqldatareader and a loop , inside loop am adding the emails with msg.to.add() , but what is happening that all the emails are being shown ( in the to place) when a subscriber receives an email , but I dont want that , cause the subscriber shall not know email addresses of other subscribers , how to fix this thing ?!? thanks alot place all the recipients on the BCC of the email. this prevents them from seeing the email of other BCC recipients  Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need...

Getting email address in gridview row and send email
Hi guys, How do i get the email address in my gridview rows?  I wanna get all the email address of all of my records in the gridview and use the email address to send an email to the owner. Thanks,*A newbie C# programmer* hi have a look at threse related : http://forums.asp.net/p/1119999/1746089.aspx#1746089http://forums.asp.net/t/1062163.aspxhttp://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t93436-gridview-hyperlink-column-mailto-event.html Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (l...

Use the email adress in the users profile to send an email
Hi, hope you cn help me. I am using the createuserwizard to create new users. In this template the users are asked for their email adress. All is working fine, but how can I use the email adress the user entered during registration later in a session to send him an email? I thought just "profile.email", but its wrong.   Hope you can help me, Chrissi Hi Chrissi, When you use the CreateUserWizard, you're creating a user through the current membership provider, which is different than Profiles.  To get a user's email, tryDim myUser As System.Web.Security.Mem...

Web resources about - email in asp using CDONTS... cant send email - asp.net.getting-started

Windows NT 4.0 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The successor to Windows NT 3.51 , Windows NT 4.0 introduced the modern user interface of Windows 95 to the Windows NT product line, including ...

Article Listing

Sending E-Mail with System.Web.Mail
Discover how to send e-mail from within your .NET applications using the System.Web.Mail namespace.

DavidLitchfield.com
Security vulnerabilities I've found CVE IDs Papers on Buffer Overflows An Introduction to Heap overflows on AIX 5.3L , August 2005 Buffer ...

Contact Mark Horrell
0 then blnSpam = Trueelseif instr(request.form("txtMessage"),"http://") > 0 then blnSpam = Trueelseif instr(request.form("txtMessage"),"a href") ...

Exchange Server for developers
Find developer resources and how-to training for Microsoft Exchange Server including Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Server 2010, Exchange web ...

Brent's Favorite Bug
... tools on top on Exchange Server. The platform was available on client and server OS’s. If you’ve ever used the mail API’s in .NET or CDONTS ...

My NetBenefit - NetBenefit
=0 ? '&' : '?') + 'url=' + escape(document.location.href), 'Chat5777452750094606119', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar ...

KB Parallels
Parallels is a worldwide leader in automation and virtualization software that optimizes computing for consumers, businesses, and service providers. ...

Process Software - Evaluate PMDF
PMDF is a high-performance, standards-based Internet messaging suite that insures efficient and secure communications. PMDF can be used as messaging ...