Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?

I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?

0
jypelton

 I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on top of 2.0.

We All move to our original place.
Don't forget.

Imran Baloch
0
imran_ku07
12/12/2008 5:14:58 AM

Thanks. So, I'm just doing something wrong when I install the kits - they should work in at least some version of studio 2008?

0
jypelton
12/12/2008 2:23:47 PM

Ok - yes - from the article.d..

 "Visual Studio 2008 can target web applications to the .NET 2.0, .NET 3.0, or .NET 3.5 environments, meaning you can start using Visual Studio 2008 today to work on your ASP.NET 2.0 websites."

So I'm just screwing something up.  So, can the starter kits be run - say dotnetnuke or club starter be run with developer express or do you have to have the full visual studio?

0
jypelton

Based on my understandings, you want to learn something about .net 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008. If I have not misunderstood, please refer to the following link.

http://www.asp.net/learn/

Please feel free to let me know if I’ve misunderstood anything.

Sincerely,
Zong-Qing Li
Microsoft Online Community Support
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as
Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
Zong

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

MVC is only for .Net 3.5? Is it not available for .Net 2.0?
Hello. I´m new to MVC and I want to try it.. My fist question is: MVC is only for .Net 3.5? Is it not available for .Net 2.0?Thanks!  You could get it to run on 2.0: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/DeployingASPNETMVCOnASPNET20.aspx, but you would be better advised to get 3.5 SP1.  It is free, after all.  So is Visual Web Developer Express, so you can play with it. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site ASP.NET MVC distributed assemblies reference System.Core.dll assembly from .NET FW 3.5 so you need .NET FW 3.5 to run ASP.NET MVC.Don't forget to click &qu...

Does DW.Net 2.5 work with .Net 3.0?
Thanks It will work with .NET 3.0 but it uses .NET 2.0 classes. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 12 Sep 2007 10:39:02 -0700, "luiz silva" <luiz.silva@turner.com> wrote: >Thanks > ...

how to revert back to .net 2.0 from .net 3.5?
I have developed a small app in VS2008 and now realize that the hosting company I deal with only has .net 2.0   how can I revert the site back to 2.0? Change the target .NET Framework (from Website property pages/Build section) to .NET 2.0. If you have used 3.5 specific features (both language-specific and .NET Framework classes), you have to change the code too.Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem....

Extra features in .Net 3.5 over .Net 2.0
Dear All, Please tell me what is new in .Net 3.5 over .Net 2.0  Thanks & Regardserneeraj v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} ..shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

Diffrence bet .net 2.0 and .net 3.5
What is diffrence between .net 2.0 and .net 3.5.AzharPirana Dargah  3.5 is an add-on to 2.0 so everything you can do in 2.0 you can do in 3.5, no code changes. 3.5 added support for WPF and WCF so if you don't need those technologies, think of 3.5 as 2.0 with better AJAX support and you're fine."Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."...

.Net 2.0 Project Seems to Compile for .Net 3.5
HI,I've ran into a bit of a problem. I've got Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition installed and I'm working on a project with another developer who only has VS2005. More importantly I have .Net 3.5 and .Net 2.0 installed while the other developer only has 2.0.I haven't told the project to compile to 3.5, and I haven't changed references to point new versions of the assemblies.However I'm seeing different functionality to the other developer. For a start HtmlForm.Action can be set for me, it shows up in intellisense and works as expected. However ...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

How to upgrade .net 2.0 to .net 3.5 in vs 2008
Hi, I did not upgrade .net2.0 to .net 3.5 when I first open vs 2008. but, I now want to upgrade it to 3.5. can someone tell me how to do it in vs 2008? where can open the wizard window again to upgrade?thanks. Xiuxian      Hi, All you have to do is open the .sln or project file of VS 2005 in VS2008. File > Open > Solution. The VS 2008 Conversion Wizard will ask you to upgrade. HTH,Suprotim Agarwal  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips I would imagine you could just in...

Web resources about - Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!? - asp.net.getting-started

Don't Download This Song - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Don't Download This Song " is the first single from "Weird Al" Yankovic 's 12th studio album Straight Outta Lynwood . The song was released ...

Facebook Adds To Download Your Information
Facebook increased the amount of information users can access when they download their account histories using the social network’s Download ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

‘Silent updates’ for Android download latest version of Facebook without Google Play
... users to receive app updates without going through the Google Play store. Some Android users are now receiving “silent updates,” which download ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

Hey Siri, download Cortana to my iPhone later today, would you?
... , Cortana iPhone , Siri For more news on Apps , Siri , and Cortana continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Hey Siri, download ...