Do i need a .Net framework on the client side?

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if there is a .Net framework needed on the client side when want to run an ASP .Net web application? Or will it generate plain html that only requires an Internet browser? Or is it dependent on the version of ASP.Net (1.0, 1.1, 2.0?)

Thanks!

AlbertWeeda

0
AlbertWeeda

There is no need for the .NET framework to be on the client computer to access your web applications.

ASP.NET Websites renders into HTML so all your client needs is a HTML web browser.

0
jimmy
1/24/2008 8:03:13 AM

you don't need it.

and it generates plain html that only requires an Internet browser.

-- on the post that helps you

RKChaudary
0
rkchaudary

I heared this question already a plenty of times and NO, clients do not need the framework, only the server needs it. ASP.NET generates plain HTML / CSS and optionally JavaScript, depending on the features you use.

Regards
Marco Buerckel

Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers.
0
Marco
1/24/2008 8:04:52 AM

 it depend in scenario  if  you client  is accessing the application throw browser then you client no need of Framework and but you need the .Net Framework at the web server

Muhammad Usman
Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
www.usman-bhatti.blogspot.com
0
usmanbhatti531

.Net Framework needed on the client side?
Hi, Do I need to install the .Net Framework to be able to view .aspx files or just need a browser supporting .aspx files? Thanks HI No, u dont need to install the .net framework the browser is enough. Regards. Hi, ASP.NET webforms and controls that you use emit HTML. This is a markup language that a browser understands. So no, a browser is the only thing needed on the client when viewing webapplications built with ASP.NET. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Need freeware .NET Documentation Tool for Microsoft .NET Framework
Got a solution fully documated that needed to be taken out and to attached it to the project spec. Any known good free tool suggestion will help. For VS2003 exists the NDocument tool.For other versions have a look at this: http://www.codeplex.com/Sandcastle Hope this helpsIf this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer. ...

Running a .Net Program on a Client Computer Without .Net Framework
If I create a windows application (or a game) written in Visual Basic.Net, is it necessary that the client have the .Net Framework installed? If so... 1) What should I include in the installation package for clients that do not have the .Net Framework? 2) Would installing the .Net Framework on the client machine have any ill effects? 3) Can this be done for clients running Win 95? I assume so right now, though it surely should be possibly for VS.NET to compile to native code, shouldn't it? I'll check this when I re-install VS.NET in a few minutes. 1) dotnetfx.exe - the redis...

Does client machine need .net framework?
 This sounds like a stupid question but I just want to confirm.  If I have a .net 2.0 ASP.NET web application on the server, is it true that the client machine doens't need any .net framework at all?  The client machine just needs a web browser.  I don't know of AJAX or client side mode, or other things would require .net framework on the client machine.Thanks in advance. Since the web application runs on the server, only the server needs to have the .NET Framework installed.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a que...

Client side .Net Framework version
Dearl All,I have got a windows form embedded into a web application which requires .Net Framework 2.0 on the client end.Now my question is that how can I check if the client has .Net Framework installed or not and also which version it is? Thanks  You can check it through javascript from web app. .NET embeds its version information to IE user agent. So, in IE you can check for .NET with window.navigator.userAgent. For example use the following line in JavaScript to detect .NET 2.0: if (window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf(".NET CLR 2.0") != -1) { // some code goes...

Getting Value from Client-side InputBox to .net variable
hi, im doing a login page for our timekeeping. Since there's no msgbox available on asp.net, im doing it dynamically via javascript. How do i Get the value frm a dynamically written javascript (such as inputbox) to a .net variable? here's the logic of my program, user logs in hits the button and sub-routine Login will be fired, if user is late -- call Check_Late Sub, this is whre the client-side script was built -- then after that i wanted to be able to get the value from an inputbox. '// if button login clicked Sub Login(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) .......

running .net framework side by side
Does anyone know how to run the .net framework side by side on the same box? Didn't you already post this?Have you installed both?  That's really about all it takes.  You have to select the version for the app using the ASP.NET tab, and 1,1 apps don't run in 2.0 and vice versa, but it's not really rocket science.  Where are you having problems?JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Does every client need the .Net Framework? Or just the server? and advice!
Does every client need the .Net Framework for DNN implementation? Or does it just need to be installed on the server (the .Net Framework that is)? I work as a Software Engineer for a large Federal Agency that has many clients not .Net Framework enabled (Installed). The government is VERY, VERY SLOOOOOOOOWWWWW to move on up to stable and superior technology. If it is true that each client needs the framework installed to access and run key features of DNN... am I stuck???? Are there any other options? Are there any free or reasonably priced portals out there with ASP, cold fusion or jsp...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

NET Framework & .NET Framework Software Development Kit??
I know some regular HTML, just enough to get me in trouble if I'm not careful. So basically I am completley new to this stuff. I do some programming here at home for my own use but nothing Web style, my son has suggested this for me as another project to learn on. My question is I have downloaded and installed the 2 files referenced in the subject line. This is the question, is there susposed to be an Editer in there somewhere? If so where if not just say no. I did download WebMatrix and have looked at it. But a 508Mg SDK file surely has something in there. Thanks alot. I'm tring to learn....

What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK
What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK. And are the advantages of .net framework sdk over .net framework.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- Hi, the .NET framework is the runtime environment that enables your code to run properly. The SDK is the Software Development Kit which holds code snippets etc for developers to check if it needed (that's my basic interpretation of the SDK). I haven't installed the SDK as I use Visual Studio and the MSDN library...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Web resources about - Do i need a .Net framework on the client side? - asp.net.getting-started

Natasha Stott Despoja launches 'world first' framework to address domestic violence
Australia's first national, evidence-based domestic violence framework was launched at Parliament House on Tuesday.

Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow could arrive this week
Towards the end of October we told you that Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow would soon become available for all. While that's still ...

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
... very well be nixed by EU's top court. Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework ...

Back to the … Vanilla UI Framework – Part II
... resources, on performance , management and tools for breakpoints . Naming conventions Another practice we have in place for our Vanilla framework ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Google engineers craft a Dart framework for iOS and Android
The UI framework uses its own rendering engine to draw widgets

Google Launches Framework to Load Content on Mobile Web Quickly
Google gives publishers a way to load content faster on mobile Web; FireEye reveals new Android malvertising threat; Samsung's Q3 profit forecasts ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

Angular-Meteor links JavaScript frameworks
... build system improvements and ECMAScript compliance Angular-Meteor, Meteor's technology for using the Angular and Meteor JavaScript frameworks ...