This seems to be a common question, but i havent got an answer yet:(
Can, any one please explain me the differences between these versions.
If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you'll have trouble putting on your pants!
0
narik

There are too many differences for one email - - from 1.0 to 1.1 (not a whole lot of real change, other than fixes, at least compared to 1.1 to 2.0)

With 2.0, there were many new declarative controls, with many new ideas added in

With 3.0, it's a superset of 2.0 - instead of replacing the installation completely, it just 'added on' new functionality - I would first suggest finding out all you can about 2.0 - that's a good starting point.....by the time you get to 3.0, maybe 3.5 will be released....

:)

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind
4/24/2007 4:14:47 AM

Hi narik,

I've searched thru the internet and collected the following information for u.

what's new in .net 1.1(compared to 1.0): http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9wtde3k4.aspx

what's new in .net2.0(compared to 1.1): http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t357fb32.aspx

the differences between .net 3.0 and .net 2.0& 1.0 : http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=659520&rl=1

                                                                           http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/archive/2006/06/09/624300.aspx

Hope my suggestion can answer your question :)

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Bo

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

coverting from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi All, Currently I'm facing a problem.I have an application that is built on ..net 1.1 using Vs2003.Its performance is so slow.So i want to add some partial updates to the page.How can I execute this in .net 1.1.In .net 2.0 we can use Ajaxtools, But .net 1.1 does't support ajaxtools.How to solve thgis problem.From where can I start?Please help me I'm struck in the middle.PLease forward me any sample codes You have. Thank you Hi, Why are you using VS2003. Convert your aplication in 2005/8 and use AJAX. Regards, Shahaji UThanks and Regards,Shahaji Udar.MCTS,Pune,IN...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

.net 2.0 v. .Net 1.1
Hi all:Im trying to figure out whether I should begin using 2.0 at this point.  Many people I spoke to have indicated that it may be too soon (for whatever reason-bugs, hosting availibility etc).  Can someone give the pros and cons at this point?  I just learned .net 1.1 and this would be the first time I've ever gone throught this sort of transition.  Also, what was frustrating about 1.1 is that some of the books that first came out had alot of problems with their code working.  Is there an authorotative book out yet with functioning examples?Any help would be ...

.NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 on the same PC
I built my ASP.NET app and built it with .NET 1.1 I installed .Net 2.0 and now it will not function properly. How can I tell my App to use the .NET 1.1? Thanks for any help,Thank youJackxxx What tool are you using to code ASP.NET?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). The PC i am referring to is my test PC and it has no tools. But I used VS.net 2003 on my development PC. Thank you,Thank youJackxxx Hi, Unfortunately, you can not run two...

.Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on the same webserver ?
Hi allCan you run .Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on the same webserver ? Does anybody do this currently and does both DNN 3.1.1 and the new dnn 4.0 work ok on this configuration ?/JohanFirstDev AB Affärssystem.net Yes, and Yes.John M. to elaborate a bit on that: yes, if you are using windows server 2003. You can select the .net version on a per application basis, however, you can only use one .net version per application pool. So just put your .net 2.0 applications in a different poolcheers,erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands You can do it on XP Pro, or Windows 2000 Server also, you ...

.NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 on the same machine
Hi All, I have .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 framework on my machine.  Now, I want to uninstall .NET 1.1 to have more free HD space.  Please tell if I can do it without any trouble for the .NET 2.0? Thank you very much.  Pardon me for a newbie question.  elearner Start > Control Panel > Add remove programs > remove .NET Framework 1.1! Im sure its not taking up that much space tho!? :PDavid Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you -- Hi, Well I don't think it should cause any problem because of them are installed in seper...

Upgrading from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi,We write ASP.NET applications for a large UK organisation for which we have two servers - a dev server and a live intranet server.  I would like to convince management to upgrade the .NET framework from 1.1 to 2.0 (and incidently VS2003 to VS2005).If we install the new version of the dotnet framework, will there be any issues with our existing 1.1 applications?  If so, what will the issues likely to be?Your help is greatly appreciated.Ryan Penfold, Truro, UK. Two versions can coexist, so you shouldn't have any issues. So far we have not had any real issues with asp.net 1.1 a...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

Web resources about - Differences between .net 1, .net 1.1, .net 2.0 and .net 3.0 #2 - asp.net.getting-started

The West should let the Middle East settle its own differences
The bitter truth is there is no plausible way we can defeat jihadists with military force.

What exactly is a tomato? The difference between fruit and veg
If it's sweet it's a fruit and if it's savoury it's a vegetable, right?

6 Ways To Tell The Difference Between A Terrorist And A Refugee
If you are sitting at the table for five minutes and you can't spot the difference between the refugee and the terrorist, you are the terrorist. ...

Can the US and China transcend their differences?
Why Washington should embrace Beijing’s “new type of major-power relationship”

"There’s been a lot of poorly thought-out stuff written about the differences between men’s and women’s ...
... But if you can get past all of this pseudoscience, there’s some legitimately illuminating, serious medical research on sex-based brain differences ...

Mark Zuckerberg explains that the key difference between Facebook and Alphabet is that it 'can't fail' ...
In a long and wide ranging interview with Fast Company , Mark Zuckerberg has taken a swing at Alphabet, the parent company of Google, for its ...

Anonymous just might make all the difference in attacking ISIS
In the wake of the horrific attacks in Paris, military operations against ISIS terrorist strongholds have increased. When someone hits you, it’s ...