difference between asp file upload and html file upload

Can any tell me the the difference between asp.net file upload control and html file upload control..?

is there any filesize & file type limitation for both of these? or can we upload any file of any size?

aslesh

As far as I know, thery are most likely the same in terms of functionality..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms227677(VS.80).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.htmlcontrols.htmlinputfile(VS.80).aspx

Regards,Vinz

vinz
12/2/2008 1:33:34 AM

One difference is that the FileUpload sets the encoding of the form to multipart/form-data. If you use the HTMLInputFile, you have to manually add  enctype="multipart/form-data"

Also, HTMLInputFile gives you backward compatibility(if you are using ASP.NET 1.1)

ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips
0
Suprotim
12/2/2008 1:34:32 AM
as far as i find.. we can retrieve only the file name if we use html uplaod control. but if we use the asp.net we can retrieve the whole path of the uploaded file.
0
aslesh

file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client
hi,i have a file uploader control user can attach files (.rar, .zip, etc) and store file folder and path in database. and another user can click of attach link and can download that file. how can i do this please solve out this problem. you can find your problem solution in this link and you can store the file name in your database server.http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/network/net-fileupload-aspnet2-csharp.aspxPlease Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com As always there are many ways and which ...

To increase file size upload option of a html file upload control in 1.1
Hi, whenever i try uploading files greater than 15kb or so, my file control fails. But smaller files are easily uploaded. Please helpIf you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you'll have trouble putting on your pants! Hi, the default maximum upload size of the total form data, so not only your fileupload, is limited to 4Mb. You can increase that number by overriding the default settings in the web.config. Alter the <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="" /> attribute. Dealing with the maximum upload size of ASP.NET. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web ...

Posting filepath in file upload control in .NET to the next page and uploading the file from second page
In our application (using C# .NET) there is a form with file upload options. After filling up the form details, the summary of the details need to be shown in the next page before committing the information into the database. Right now, Server.Control is used to transfer the contents to the next page and the form details are retrieved using Request.Form["control id"]. But this is not working for File upload control alone.File upload can not be done in the first page itself, as the foreign key in File upload table gets updated only in second page after confirmation. Therefore, is th...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

File Upload
Hi,  I am using the file upload code at the link below to allows users to upgrade multiple files into  a storage area. http://dotnetslackers.com/community/blogs/basharkokash/archive/2007/09/11/Test.aspx My question is how do I identify which files belong to which user?? On my site i am using ASP membership and before uploading files users must logg on. Does this mean I can use the UserID to identify them or is there another simple wayI I have the file upload in a simple wizard form. Also i am coding in C sharp   Thank you Amereto   You can use the logged...

Upload all files in folder with file upload control
H i I'm trying to upload all files to a wesite that is in a specific local folder. My code workes fine when I run it locally but when I upload it it fails. I think it looks for the files to upload on the web server and thus cannot find it.  1 Dim files() As String 2 folderExists = System.IO.Directory.Exists(foldername) 3 If folderExists = False Then 4 Label1.Text = "Folder does not exist. Did you enter a folder name or just a file name ?" 5 Exit sub 6 End If 7 files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(foldername) 8 For...

file upload extensions
Is it possible to upload any/some video files? I tried to add file extentions under the host settings but it didn't work. Wonder if if it's possible in dnn to upload any video files?Thanks. It is possible to upload files of any extension (as far as I know).  You might be hitting a file size constraint?  I've never tried uploading any really huge files - maybe someone else with comment about that?-doug, Powerhouse Data Yes, you can upload video files.  I've uploaded them and used with core modules as well as MediaGallery.  By default, DNN has a max upload size of 8MB...

File Upload
Hey I've got a fileUpload control on an aspx page that works fine for the accepted file type, .rpts, and brings up the correct error message for not allowed extensions such as .exes and .jpgs. But .pdf files should cause an error message to be displayed, as only .rpt files are allowed to be uploaded, but instead it brings up a blank page like a web500 page. Is there a known bug when attempting to upload pdf's?   Just in case,here's the only relevant code attached to the control:   If uploadFilename.EndsWith(".rpt") = True Then 'ensures only .rp...

File Upload- Uploads a blank 90kb file
Hi, I'm uploading a 90kb file to both my oracle database and the internet server from asp.net 2.0 via fileupload tag.The file uploads correctly into oracle but uploads with the correct filename but with 0 bytes into my server. Has anyone come across this issue? My Code for saving into my server: Me.filMyFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~/" & "zQ2_" & datever & _ Me.filMyFile.FileName.ToString()))         Please help me solve this issue.Thank YouVic Is the file being created with zero byte?ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) Yes, the file uplo...

Deleting A File Uploaded Through File Upload Control
Hello, I have a form which allows a user to upload a file to a virtual drive on our server using the following code: fileInvoice.SaveAs(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("DocumentPath") + strFileName); //Document Path is defined in the web.config file How can I safely allow a form on a web page to delete the file if they know the exact name of the file. I don't want them to be able to do a wildcard match like test* thanks in advance, mitch  Peace be on you brother, so you want to safely delete the file which the name you know. OK I consider that the name ...

how to get a url of a file with file upload
i want to store the url of a file in database where user uses the fileuplaod to select the file Then  the url of the file that is chosen should be stored in database i don't know how t odo this Can the above be done in this way or is there another way for the solution      http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/120606-1.aspxRegards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF ...

File Upload How to get the path of the file
Hello to Everybody,The situation is the following I am using a Form to send a email with attachment that I get name from FileUpload Control, after I create a button that transfer the Path and name of the File but only transfer the File Name and the path are not included.Somebody can help me on how to get the path  from the control FileUpload    Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click        txtAttachmentPath.Text = FileUpload1.FileName    End Sub Thanks ev...

How to get file extension of uploaded file
Heres a simlpe one. How do i get the file extension of an uploaded file or any file for that matter without using any of the substring or split functions. I thought File.PostedFile would contain a property like that but it was not to be. Thanks in advance. As far as I know, the only way to get the extension is to parse it out...out of curiosity, why do you not want to use any of the string methods for parsing? Chris I totally agree with the previous response but thought I would add a few other options which *may* help, depending if they are usable in your situation. (Without additi...

File uploading
Hi, How do i get the file size when a user uploads a file? i can now get the filename and it uploads the file to my server correctly, but i'm unable to get the file size of the file... These are the codes i used... fn = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(FileField.PostedFile.FileName) fs = FileField.PostedFile.ContentLength Even these set of codes also won't work... fn = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(FileField.PostedFile.FileName) fs = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(FileField.PostedFile.ContentLength) The error that i get when i added the 2nd line of code to get the ...

Get file name of uploaded file
Hello,  Is there a way to grab the full name of the file that is being uploaded?  The software automatically changes it when uploading. Thanks, Michael Michael,If you are using the FileUpload control you can use the PostedFile.FileName property.  If you need just the name and not the path, you can use Path.GetFileName(fileControl.PostedFile.FileName) Is this what you are looking for? ~Ben Thanks Ben, but have you ever looked at the Classified Starter kit?  It does not use the FileUpload control. Michael,I have not. What is the control that it is using? Is it...

Web resources about - difference between asp file upload and html file upload - asp.net.getting-started

Not a dime's worth of difference? by @BloggersRUs
Not a dime's worth of difference? by Tom Sullivan A couple of articles bring to mind the "lesser of two evils" argument one often hears on ...

Debate showed differences between parties
Much of the commentary and analysis from Saturday night’s Democratic debate in New Hampshire will undoubtedly focus on the questions of national ...

Reruns on cable are not the same as the originals — check out these differences
Cable channels speed up and modify the reruns they air. The increased speed can result in two more minutes of advertising per show. Produced ...

Listing Consumption Differences
... wines at affordable prices. These wines almost never rise to the quality of Chateau Petrus, d’yquem, or the best Montrachets, but the differences ...

In a drab 2015 for investors, four stocks made all the difference
On the surface, almost nothing happened in U.S. stock and bond markets last year. But when you look beneath the surface, you see that 2015 should ...

The Hateful Eight Ending Differences from Script Revealed - Collider
Brian Formo attended a live read of 'The Hateful Eight' in 2014 and he reveals all the ending changes from Quentin Tarantino's script to the ...

Brinson: Bye weeks ‘makes a huge difference’ for Manning
... form Search 24° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN Brinson: Bye weeks ‘makes a huge difference’ ...