dev

i have a dream it's...

when i add something to my table of the database i want to show in the first page like....

i have a news table in database and when i add a news i need to show automaticlly this news in the news table of the main page...

and i u can tell me how to it with the graphica that i made to be added to it i'll be so happy..

0
roger17

it sounds like you're just going to have a default page that has a repeater/datalist control of which you set the DataSource equal to a dataset filled with data from the news table. Please take a look at the quickstart tutorials for this.

Please try to experiment and learn from the quickstart tutorials. If you're in need with some specific questions you can post them on these forums.

If you already should have some relevant pieces of code that don't work for you right now you can post them here.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
5/3/2006 12:20:44 PM

i know to use the database tools good... dont worry

but u can say for me when the news tall and i cant show all of it in the main page how can i show specifec number of letters and with link to the all news????

0
roger17
5/3/2006 5:52:34 PM

roger17:
how can i show specifec number of letters and with link to the all news????

Hi,

you can find the functionality to do this, you'll have to tweak it of course to fit the data you're using, in this article: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/100202-1.aspx.

Grz, Kris.

XIII

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started with JScript.NET

Getting started .net website

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Getting started with .net mobile/wireless application programming
Hi friends, I am very much amateur to the world of mobile/wireless application programming that's why m is having thousands of doubts and confusion regarding the technology. My first few concerns about the terms i.e. mobile web applications vs. windows mobile applications first thing are these 2 things are same if not what are the main differences. I hope you will also show me some light how to move further ahead in this field as i m having small exp approx. 1.5 yrs in Asp.net application. Any help in the form of links, URL, code will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced...

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

Getting 3.1 to start in debug mode in vs.net 2003.
  Hi All, I have a run time version of dnn installed and working at D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke on my laptop. I want to be able to learn how to write DNN modules etc and so I have installed the source code in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\. I set the debug flag in web.config to yes..... as in the lines.. <!-- set debugmode to false for running application --> <compilation debug="true" /> I updated the solution file D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\Solutions\DotNetNuke.All to look at localhost/dotnetnuke3100 which is my source code version. I have created the...

Free .Net and Sql Server Training Videos for Developers just getting started
I figured since this is the Getting started forum I would mention a great .Net training video site with some free videos.http://www.TechnicalVideos.netThanksMike James...

Truely just getting started, so where should I start?
I've already been working a thread on a good reference/learning book.  but truely I'm just getting started.  I've a background with HTML and some CSS But this is my first foray into any sort of application language.  I've had an interest in PHP and ASP but have only recently started to make the effort to learn.  I'm starting with the videos available here and they are great for learning the development application but I've not the programming background to easily absorb some of the more programming based processes.  I've no college resources where I'm at other than o...

Web resources about - dev - asp.net.getting-started

Dev Jam - June 28-29, 2012 - San Francisco
Developer Jam takes place June 28-29, 2012 at Moscone Center in San Francisco concurrently with and across the street from the sold-out Google ...

Geocool's Game Dev
... was set to be removed for inactivity by www.000webhost.com . If you own this website, click here to protect it. New Blog On The Way GGameDev ...

Crash Dev
The rumor mill is heating up on Amazon's plans to enter the smartphone business a fiercely competitive market currently dominated by Apple's ...

The Dev Benegal Weblog
heaven is in your mind

Dev Bootcamp - Learn Ruby on Rails in 10 weeks. San Francisco Bay Area
The SUMMER bootcamp is now FULL (June 11 to August 17). Thanks everyone! Apply now for the FALL 2012 bootcamp, running from October 1 to December ...

Webmaster Tools, Developer Tools, Programming Tools - Dev Mechanic
Webmaster Tools, Developer Tools, Programming Tools - Dev Mechanic

Open Source Web Development Tutorials - Dev Shed
Open Source Web Development Tutorials - Dev Shed Open Source Programming Resources

IL Dev
Initiator Leo Development - IL Dev - Web Development and Mobile Apps - Founded by Bo Bao and Wil Ferrel

the snap dev blog
... Earlier this month, SNAP attended the General Assembly Career Fair along with 40 of New York’s top technology companies to meet talented developers, ...

Dev-Team Blog
What’s old is new again! Jailbreakers with devices that pre-date the iPad2 will always be able to downgrade (with SHSH blobs) to previous firmware ...