Deleting a row from a table

Hello,

I inserted a table into my webpage during design time.  Isn' t there a way to delete a row from the table during design time? Without having to draw the entire table again?

 Thanks.

0
aspusername

 Is your table databound or did you populate the data yourself? I believe tables have a rows.remove method. which you pass a row object or you can use the rows.removeat which take an integer value for the row to remove

Remeber to mark as Answer if someone's answer helped you.
0
Rodashar
1/10/2008 10:22:12 PM

Just switch to source and delete from <tr> to </tr>, the open tag to the close tag of the row.

TATWORTH
1/10/2008 10:38:10 PM

Right click in a cell of the row you want to delete.

Then choose Delete>Rows

0
ChibiNopo

Delete Row Method (getting the primarykey of row being deleted)
Hello friends,I'd like to retrieve the primary key of the row being deleted so i can use it as a parameter in my stored procedure: Here's how far i have come with my code. I need help with line 6.Thanks in advance :)  1 Protected Sub DependentsObjectDataSource_Deleting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceMethodEventArgs) Handles DependentsObjectDataSource.Deleting2 3 'get value of deleting depednent id4 'Delete (Unenroll) all benefits dependent enrolled in before attempting to delete dependen...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

Deleting rows from one table based upon rows in another table
I need to delete rows from table1 based on rows in table2. table1 has 1.5 million rows from which I need to delete 20,000 existing in table2. The table structures are the same and I must exactly match 10 (of the 15) columns in the tables. I also need to limit the number of rows being worked on, in a single transaction, to 500 or so. Hi Mike, try the following: set rowcount 500 DELETE table1 from table1 t1,table2 t2 where t1.col1=t2.col1 and t1.col2=t2.col2 and t1.col3=t2.col3 and ........ t1.col10=t2.col10 HTH. Regards P:S You must re-execute the DML statement above 40 time...

Delete row and delete from table
Hi I need, after delete a grid row, execute a delete statmentProtected Sub GridView1_RowCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewCommandEventArgs) Handles GridView1.RowCommand Dim advogado As StringIf (e.CommandName = "Apagar") Thenadvogado = RTrim(e.CommandArgument.ToString)Apaga_Processos(advogado)End Ifend subPrivate Sub Apaga_Processos(ByVal advogado As String)Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim comm As SqlCommandDim connectionString As String = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("mssql2.tuganet.com").ConnectionStringconn = New Sql...

Is having a trigger that inserts a row in Table 'A', when a row in same table is inserted by ADo.Net code?
I want to insert a row for a Global user  in Table 'A' whenever ADO.Net code inserts a Local user row into same table. I recommended using a trigger to implement this functionality, but the DBA was against it, saying that stored proecedures should be used, since triggers are unreliable and slow down the system by placing unecessary locks on the table. Is this true OR the DBA is saying something wrong? My thinking is that Microsoft will never include triggers if they are unreliable and the DBA is just wanting to offload the extra DBA task of triggers to the programmer so that a s...

how rows get deleted auomatically in sql table after specific interval of time
hi there i am using .net framework 1.1 with SQL 2000 . i want the data in table to get deleted automatically after 30 days of inserting data. so how do i achieve this?  This can be achieved by creating Window Service..check out for tutorial/help/code > Creating a Windows Service in C#sample window service to send email on a specific date (with DB interaction) >  Birthday Wish Scheduler in C#for window service deployment help > Windows Services in Action I after creating window service you can simply create setup and deployment project to create setup.exe file to ...

Showing table columns from multiple tables in Formview, but insert/update/delete rows of Master table
I have a page on which I have GridView and FomView control. On selection of a row in GridView the row gets displayed in the Item template of the FormVIew. The values are the result of inner join from multiple tables i.e. table Stock,Product and Workshop.  Please let me know how I could insert/update/delete data for the base table i.e. Stock table, but be able to see the column values from the associated tables on the Itemtemplate,Edittemplate and Inserttemplate of the FormView. Thanks,Anita Hi:   Take a look at this tutorial. It's for DetailsView and same ...

can I get the number of table rows outside a table?
 Hi all,in my report I have a table based on a dataset. the table has a filter so it displays less records than the total number of records from the dataset.Depending on the number of rows I want to display different textboxes below the table. In the visible-attribute of the text box I would like to use something like that:=iff( <number of rows in the table> <= 5, true, false).Thank you for any help in advance.Dieter I think you should go with GridView instead of your Table.you can get the number of Rows from the DatasetDS.Tables(0).rows.count Please Mark as Answred If ...

Need to delete rows from table if checkboxes are checked for row
Hello. I have a linkbutton that will delete individual rows from my gridview and update the database, however, I want to be able to make multiple selections via the checkboxes which appear on each row, and click just one button to delete all the checked rows. The following is from my aspx page:  <div style="float: right;"> <asp:Button ID="btnLinkBack" runat="server" Text="Check Backlinks" /> <asp:Button ID="btnApprove" runat="server" Text="Unhide" /> ...

How to add a footer row to a table after deleting all footer rows
I'm sure this is a very easy thing to do, but I can't figure out how to do it. I have a table, and I deleted all the footer rows.  Now I would like to add one footer row.  How do I do that? If I right-click on the detail row and select Insert Row Below, it is, of course, another detail row. I'm stumped -- thanks for any help you can give!Cynthia Do you have groups in your table?  You should be able to right click on any table row and toggle the corresponding menu item to show the table header, details or footer.  It is in the right click menu includ...

I have created a table Table with name as Varchar and id as int. Now i have started inserting the rows like, insert into Table values ('arun',20).
I have created a table Table with name as Varchar and id as int. Now i have started inserting the rows like, insert into Table values ('arun',20).Yes i have inserted a row in the table. Now i have got the values " arun's ", 50.                 insert into Table values('arun's',20)  My sqlserver is giving me an error instead of inserting the row. How will you solve this problem?    The direct answer to your question is: You insert it like this:   ...

Get a Table's Row Count from system tables
Anyone knows how to get a Table's Row Count from system tables? Thanks. Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" select count(*) from sysobjects sysobjects is a system table name. Replace this with the system table name which you want to get the row count.Kusal WijewanthaSenior Software Developer SSW Australiawww.ssw.com.au...

ADO.net problem: i can not view image data for the rest of my table rows except the image for the first row but i can read all the other non image fields for all rows.
Hi i have a table with the following fields imgid............int imgdata........image imgtitle.........varchar(max) imgType........varchar(max) imgLength.....bigint incident_id.....int i have no problem with uploading the image but viewing the uploaded image(s) in a gridview has caused me great pain. The probelm is i have two pages. page1 grabs the image to display and page2 has a gridview that displays the grabed image. I wanted to have an sql statement like SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE incident_id=someValue. IF i have 5 records in this table and i view page2 ...

Deleting Child Table Rows and not from the master table using SqlDataAdapter.Update()
I have two tables tblPerson and tblPhone. tblPerson has: PersonID Name tblPhone has: PhoneID PersonID PhoneNumber I am using SqlDataAdapter.Update to delete the rows from the tables. I am also using Typed DataSets and the relation between the two tables depends upon the PersonID. When I delete from the tblPerson the corresponding record of that person is also deleted from the tblPhone which is good. When I try to delete from the tblPhone I dont want the Person record to be deleted and it throws exception:  Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain ...

adding / deleting table rows, and accessing controls within added rows
Hi everyone,I would like to know what is a good and simple way to achieve this using asp.net.  Basically i would like the ability to add and delete rows, preferably table rows.  Against each row is its delete button, hitting it will delete the corresponding row.  There is only 1 Add button to add a new row.  In each row, there are say 2 textboxes.  When i hit, say a calculate button, i wish to be able to access all the available textboxes in all the available rows in the event handler, and say just output a sum.If GridView is suggested, could you please explain why i...

Web resources about - Deleting a row from a table - asp.net.getting-started

Deleting Online Predators Act of 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( DOPA ) is a bill ( H.R. 5319 ) brought before the United States House of Representatives on May 9, 2006 by Republican Pennsylvania Representative ...

Facebook Deleting Inflammatory Content In India
Facebook has been complying with a request by the government of India and removing “inflammatory and hateful content” that has caused tens of ...

Deleting your Facebook page is foolish
... brag, trailing closely behind that fantastically annoying “I don’t even have a TV , never mind watch the drivel!” Let’s lay it out: deleting ...

AdWords Campaign Experiments: Applying or deleting your experimental changes - YouTube
To improve your AdWords experience, we're testing a new tool that helps you optimize your account. AdWords Campaign Experiments, or ACE, does ...

Deleting abusive online content a 'near impossible' task
POSTING offensive, harassing, intimidating or defamatory content online takes mere seconds, but getting it removed can take what feels like a ...

Paleo advocate Pete Evans accused of deleting critical posts on Facebook
Is Paleo Pete Evans is open to dietary debate? Some say he's not.

Microsoft on the threshold of deleting 'appalling' Windows 8 software
MICROSOFT plans to cut its losses on Windows 8, the latest version of the software that runs the majority of the world's computers, jettisoning ...

How to get iOS 8 without deleting everything on your phone
If you've tried downloading iOS 8, or know anyone who has already done so, you're probably familiar with the biggest complaint: The download ...

Dalton McGuinty staffers broke law by deleting gas plant emails
Senior staff members in the offices of both the Ontario energy minister and former premier Dalton McGuinty intentionally deleted emails about ...

Jason Kenney under fire for praising ‘perfect, unaccented English’, deleting tweet
Canada's Minister for Multiculturalism, Jason Kenney, caused an upset Monday after praising an 11-year-old Iraqi refugee who "already speaks ...