DateTime Now

Hi there,

I'm from Argentina. I have two questions for the following code:

 CPublicacion pub = new CPublicacion(long.Parse(SecureQueryString["id"]), true);

            if (pub.creacion > DateTime.Now)
                lblPubModif.Text = "Su venta ha sido publicada con éxito.";
            else
                lblPubModif.Text = "Su publicación ha sido modificada con éxito.";

Question 1)  How do i reduce DateTime by five seconds ?

Question 2)  What's the difference between DateTime.Now and DateTime.MinValue ?

Thanks !! :)

0
Martin

Martin Carreras:
How do i reduce DateTime by five seconds ?

DateTime fiveSecondsAgo = DateTime.Now.AddSeconds(-5);

Martin Carreras:
What's the difference between DateTime.Now and DateTime.MinValue ?

DateTime.MinValue is a constant that defines what the lowest possible date is, which happens to be 1/1/0001 12:00 AM. DateTime.Now is the current date and time.

Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
3/26/2009 3:14:49 AM

To reduce the time by 5 seconds use the following line of code...

DateTime.Now.AddSeconds(-5)

and regarding the second question

DateTime.Now : Gets a System.DateTime object that is set to the current date and time on this computer, expressed as the local time. Here "Now" is a property of DateTime structure.....
DateTime.MinValue : Represents the smallest possible value of System.DateTime. This field is read-only.
Here "MinValue" is a filed of DateTime structure

Chinna_sv...
0
getchinna_sv
3/26/2009 4:47:21 AM

 Thanks Kevin !!

0
Martin

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

As DateTime = DateTime.Now....
Hello: I have a process that runs and would like to preserve the computer time inside of the variable when the process finishes. Using this method Dim dtDateTimeVar As DateTime = DateTime.Now the information inside the variable does not stay static and keeps changing with the time... what can I do to work around this?Need ASP.NET web hosting? Private Message me for a free quote. I have even tried something like this... Dim dtDateTimeVar as DateTime = DateTime.Now Dim varOldTime as String varoldtime = dtDateTimeVar It still gets the current time instead of the...

datetime.now() and datetime.now().addmonths()..insert code run before.. but it doesnt run now... i have no done anything.. why dont it run itself ?
hi datetime.now() and datetime.now().addmonths().. it run before.. but it doesnt run now... i have no done anything.. why doesnt it run now ? my datatype is datetime.. what can problem be ? sds.InsertParameters.Add("ilanbaslangictarihi", DateTime.Now()) hello friends when i change 14.06.2008 to 10.06.2008 from my computer, inserting run for datetime.now() but when i change 10.06.2008 to 14.06.2008 from my computer.. inserting doesnt run for datetime.now() Also when i enter {0:dd/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss} to formatstring of edit column of gridview, gridview display 33.06.2008 1...

Getting started with JScript.NET

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started .net website

If you were starting to scope a .NET project *now*...
.... and wanted to start the serious development work in March '04, would you feel that it's not quite right to do it in ASP.NET 1.1? Would you think "it's so close to spring 2004 when Whidbey will be available that I should just wait until then"? If development estimate times are made based on knowledge of 1.1, would they be way off (i.e. too much time alloted) if Whidbey suddenly became available in early early spring and we just decided to start off with that instead of 1.1? Are there even any guarantees that the Whidbey beta (not release version even, right? "only" be...

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

get DateTime.Now.Date in sql
 Hi, Im making an c# asp.net website. I use an dataset and an gridview.  I will fill an gridview with users with the follow sql query:SELECT     UserIdFROM         StatsWHERE     LunchDate =  DateTime.Now.Date()How can I get all the users with the date of today?I have try the follow solution but it doesnt work:SELECT     UserId FROM         Stats WHERE     LunchDate =  @LunchDateIn the objectDataSource I hav...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

datetime.now and server datetime ?
hi how can i get datetime of server without storedprocedure ? my code is below in *.aspx.vb DateTime.Now() ThanksMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) oguzkaygun: hi how can i get datetime of server without storedprocedure ? my code is below in *.aspx.vb DateTime.Now() Thanks Dim dt As Date = Date.Now Dim strtime As String = dt.ToShortTimeString()  MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets  I don't see what's wrong with what you have. The code you posted does exac...

Web resources about - DateTime Now - asp.net.getting-started

Is there a JQuery plugin to convert UTC datetimes to local user timezone?
If I have a tag: <span class="utctime">2010-01-01 11:30 PM</span> I would like a jquery script or plug in to convert every utctime ...

Targetprocess 3.7.3: Epic unit for Bug/Story cards, new DateTime functions in Webhook plugin
Webhook plugin supports new DateTime functions AddDays(DateTime date, int days) – Returns a new date with the number of days added. The number ...

Common Pitfalls when working with DateTime’s
In .NET, the DateTime structure provides us wonderful functionality, but this seemingly simple structure can cause a lot of headaches if you ...

Parsing Twitter Date format to .Net DateTime
Recently when I needed to parse the twitter datetime format into a .Net DateTime I found this post on the web showing how to do it. However, ...

C Sharp (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(pronounced see sharp ) is a multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing , imperative , declarative , functional , generic ...

1753 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Afrikaans አማርኛ العربية Aragonés Asturianu Aymar aru Azərbaycanca বাংলা Bân-lâm-gú Basa Banyumasan Беларуская ‪Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‬ ...

Coded Smorgasbord: Schizophrenic Haiku Comments and More
... writes Malcom StandardResponse UnSubscribeNewsletterUserAccount( string opTinGUID,string email, string sellingRegion, string source, DateTime ...

Limburg.be - Welkom op de site van de provincie Limburg - Welkom_op_de_site_van_de_provincie_Limburg
visit wonen werken leven ontspannen infopunt home op trefwoord contactpersonen wegwijs sitemap print deze pagina Je bent hier: limburg.be Contact ...

Simples Ideias. Por Nando Vieira.
Simples Ideias Siga-me no Twitter Junho/2012 Usando o Vagrant como ambiente de desenvolvimento no Windows http://simplesideias.com.br/usando ...