Database Roles in Session database

We have two websites developed in VS2005 beta 2 in our project.

 I am creating the Session state database(for session state management) for those websites in a separate database server using the aspnet_regsql tool .

 The issue is I run my websites under a account which has minimal permissions  . For our project databases we create database roles with required permissions and assign the portal user to those roles .So there is no problem accessing the databases we create .

 Now how do I give the portal user rights to the Session state database .  .There are no predefined roles that I can add my user to .?  Is making the portal user admin only way to give access ?

 I had a similar problem with the personalization database but found that there are predefined roles like  aspnet_Roles_FullAccess , aspnet_Profile_ReportingAccess ,  aspnet_Personalization_BasicAccess  and many other from which I picked the necessary roles .

 Also are there any  local groups that if I add my user to gives it necessary rights to access the SessionDB.?

 Yuva

0
yuvabharathi

-934: ERROR! Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database C:\FUELTAX\DATABASE\PCFTAX.DB
Our program which uses runtime engine for version 9 is getting the following error -934: ERROR! Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database. Does anyone know what might have happened. It was working fine for months and all of the sudden we are getting this error now. Thanks, Igor Vodo. This error is a result of the database server being at a lower version than the database file format. Something has changed in your environment. Do you have multiple installs of SQL Anywhere on your machine (for example ASA 9.0.1 and 9.0.2)? If s...

Services don't start automatically ("Database cannot be started -- I/O error" or "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory")
My situation is: ..server: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2 ..database server : Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0.2.4372. Windows starts automatically 32 services ASA, one database in each service If I start each service in manual everything is ok. When I restart the server, four service (always four!!!) don't start correctly with two kind of error: "Database cannot be started -- I/O error" "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory" The services that don't start are not the same. I tried many times and everytime the problem is on...

Getting started with databases.
Hello, I'm quite new developing in asp.net. I've gone through a fair few of the learning tutorials here on this site along with a couple of others. I'm now working with data access. I've successfully managed to create a database within sql management studio express, add the appropriate connection string within my web.config and also populate data fields and grid views with the information from my database. What I would like to do now is learn how to insert, edit and delete content from said database using tinymce. I believe it requires the use of a data access layer? I...

Getting started with databases
Since I have a lot of data that I should organize (as a hobby), I want to get started with relational databases, but I'm not sure how to configure my setup. I have only a passing familiarity with SQL as a user, although I have some C++ experience also, on Windows systems. I want to use OpenOffice 2.0, and I appreciate that documentation is weak. My understanding is that OO is all I need, but I've also read about people using Firebird with OO as a front end. My problem is that everything I read (via Google) is aimed at folks who already know how to use databases. Is it better to h...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

How to get the result of the database function before connecting to the database .
You can find out which databases the user has access to with HAS_DBACCESS(): select name from master..sysdatabases where has_dbaccess(name) = 1 order by name So when the user selects a site, the front end should check the result of the HAS_DBACCESS() function for each database - if it's 1, then it can be selected; if not, it can't. Please reply asap Thanks How about a special user ID that has only enough authority to check a name? Sign on with it, ask if the user is OK, sign off, sign on with the real user. <jm> wrote in message news:40c608ad.25cd.1681692777@...

Unable to start database (ASA8-Create Database)
I'm working with ASA6,ASA7,ASA8 in the same PC. No problem while new DB creation with ASA 6 and 7 in Sybase Central. I'm getting "unable to start database" error message at the end of ASA8 Sybase Central create db wizard. I installed EBF 2285 for ASA 8.0.0 and it doesn't worked. (I'm working with the dbinit on the command promt for now.My OS=Win 2000 Proffessional) Oguz OZAN Consultant Sybase Turkey ozan@sybase.com.tr ...

database in database solution
  i have a database in the database solution. but i want to add the database from database solution to App_data  folder in solution explorer. how to do this ?Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you.   i am having visual studio express edition and sql management express. i have opened solution explorer for a asp.net project. I have the database solution and i have the App_data in the solution Explorer. I have added a existing sql database in the database solution and wanted the newly added  sql database in the App_data of solution...

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

how to access other database in this database ?

Database profile and databases
Hi all I have installed Syabse on linux and PB 6.5 on windows 2000. I am able to connect to the sybase server through dsedit utility and I am also able to connect PB development environment(database profile) to particuler database on sybase server. But when I want to see all the tables while clicking on database menu option an error messagebox displayed "Stored procedure pb60table not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether object exist.(sp_help may produce lot of output" . This error messagebox is displayed. I am not able to make any datawi...

Getting Started with Database activities
HiCan anyone please help me get started with the database work for a new project. I am doing asp.net for first time and have been working on ASP for last 8 years.My main concern with this is to identify what control to use when (and what is the difference and benefit over the alternative), as we have so many choices. Unlike ASP, where we just had a single type of recordset, so what ever we need to do was with it.I need to write a kind of custom forum, so cant use a ready code for it.Please guide.ThanksLooking to check the time, goto http://whatisthetime.in/[xxx] replace [xxx] with your city ...

Capture Role from database into Session
My Developer Friends my Login table have 3 field username, userpass, userrole. From Login Page I would like to store Session["Role"], once I capture Role (Admin/User) then I will populate Treeview based on the Role so, pls help me how to capture Role thru session.   private bool ValidateLogin(string strUserName, string strPassword)    {        bool blnValidLogin = false;        SqlDataReader sqlDr = null;         SqlConnection sqlConn = new SqlConnectio...

Unable to start Database Engine when Creating new Database
Have just installed SQL anywhere on Netware 4. Am trying to create a new database from my NT machine with Sybase Central. At the point of creating the database it says "Database not created" - "Unable to start Database Engine". I have connected to the sample database so it doesn't seem to be a network problem. Any suggestions would be very gratefully received by this beginner! Thanks Thomasina You cannot create a database using the multiuser engine on Netware. Create the database on your local machine with the standalone engine and then move...

Web resources about - Database Roles in Session database - asp.net.getting-started

A look ahead at the state of the database in 2016
... identity management, anti-phishing education, and so forth. Ultimately, hackers want access to the contents of an enterprise's database. Security ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.