Data Sharing between PHP & .NET APPs SQL Server

We are working with a company and want to send nightly data feeds back in forth.  One application is written in .net the other PHP both with SQL Server backends.  Just looking for recommendations on the best way to exchange data on a nighly process without having to manually invoke anything and without giving direct access to the databases.

drock22

Are you trying to sync up the databases so they match? I am not clear on what you want to do. But if you are trying to update 2 databases to keep them the same, look up SQL Replication. You can make the data sync when ever a change is made, or on a schedule (like every night at 12:00 AM). There are 3 types of replication, you probably want to use merging.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
0
keyboardcowboy
6/11/2008 2:21:04 PM

Sorry i wasnt clear.  I'm just extracting a small portion of data based on some previously set parameters.  For instance "Give me all the courses student A".

0
drock22
6/11/2008 2:31:13 PM

If you are just trying to get data from the database then just do a select statment

select * from courses where studentID = @studentID

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
0
keyboardcowboy
6/11/2008 2:51:32 PM

Between two seperates systems that both use sql server.  We do not have access to their sql database.  I'm looking for a method of sharing data between the two systems.  asmx - xml etc..

0
drock22
6/11/2008 2:59:15 PM

A few years ago I had to do something similar to this with a PHP app and a classic ASP app. The applications were on separate networks and could not access the same database. I ended up having the PHP application write an XML file for the ASP application to use. It worked pretty well for being pieced together the way that it was.

0
5prime

Free .Net and Sql Server Training Videos for Developers just getting started
I figured since this is the Getting started forum I would mention a great .Net training video site with some free videos.http://www.TechnicalVideos.netThanksMike James...

Getting only the first paragraph of data from sql server 2005 in vb.net 2.0
Hi all, I have a table in sql server which consists of two colums. column 1 contain "id" integer and column 2 contain "body" varchar(max). For example: id - 1 body - French Industrial production sharply decreased 1.5% month-on-month in November, reversing from a 2.1% increase seen in October, the statistical office Insee said in a report Thursday. Economists were looking for a 0.6% fall. Production in the automotive industry fell steeply 5.3% versus 7.5% rise in October, while energy output declined 2% from 2.1% recorded in the previous month. In the construction...

Share Point Portal Server & Share Point Services in Dot net.
Hi to All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!           I wanna get information about Share Point Portal Server 2003 & Share Point Services in Dot net.I hav no idea bout this.Plz help me I wants to learn this ,Tell me from where i would start.thanksShipra     Thanks & RegardsShipra SrivastavaS/w EngineerDaffodil S/w Pvt LtdGurgaon ,Haryana. I want lean this too. pls help.  Hi Shipra, If you want to learn the SharePoint Portal developement, MSDN will be a good place to start with. Here is a link for Windows SharePoint Service 3.0...

How to Data Transfer From Excel to Microsoft SQL Server Data base Using .Net.
Hai All, How to Data Transfer From Excel to Microsoft SQL Server Data base Using .Net. I have one Excel Sheet in that sheet 15 Fields (attributes) and 3000 records are there. In this 3000 records i want to store this (Excel) data into  5 related tables on Sql Server Database Using .Net.   How to store Excel Sheet data into Sql Server database. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank You Very Much...Have a Good Day... With RegardsSridhar...

sql anywhere 10 .NET provider & sql anywhere 8 server
sql anywhere 10 .NET provider & sql anywhere 8 server are there any major known issues other than test for my scenarios or it is not compatible at all. i was able to connect, add, delete & update records on a simple table & dataset. Env: VS 2005 .NET 2.0 & sql anywhere 10 thanks vsv This configuration should work. But we do not do significant (if any) testing of this configuration, so you should ensure you do thorough testing with your application. -- Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions) Please reply only to the newsgroup. Whitepapers, TechDo...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

SQL Server 05 & .NET .dll's: executing .dll from T-SQL
Can I manually execute a .dll stored in SQL Server 2005?Is it possible for this .dll to do anything: call a Web Service, process XML, etc?Thanks. ...

Sharing session data between php and .net
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to share session data (being sure to only share simple types, like strings, numbers, and arrays - no objects) between php and .net? I already use a custom session handler to serialize and store php session data in a database. Is there a way to make a session handler in .net that would store the .net session data in the same way (thus allowing it to be shared)? Thanks You could write a custom handler for both.Picky Cool! Can you point me to some details on how I could do that for asp.net (c# preferably)? It looks like I found somethi...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

.Net 3.5 ADO.Net Data Service & Ajax
 Hello, I was trying to use the example in the following video and I keep getting "Server Method "Categories" failed" error. I have .Net 3.5 SP1 and VS 2008, is there any workable example out there? I also added the Entity Data Model. http://www.asp.net/learn/3.5-SP1/video-239.aspx  I really like the way how you can access data in the database using javascript. Any help on this code? thx Default.aspx     <input id="ButtonQuery" type="button" value="Perform Query" onclick="return ButtonQuery_oncli...

How to access data through SQL Server in VB.NET?
Here's my code, it's very simple but never worked for my set up connection part. It always tells me that: BC30636: '>' expected(Compiler error message). You can try it on your own local host using northwind database 'categories' table. It's very simple, but just don't work for me. I'm desperate here. So anyone can help? Thanks. lz74d <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %> <HTML> <BODY> <script language="vb" runat="server"> sub Page_Load(Sender as Obj...

Sql Server Trusted Connection from .net app
Hi, Can anyone tell me (or point me to an aticle) how to setup a trusted connection between a web server running an asp.net app and a sql server? Thanks... check out www.connectionstrings.com hth***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

Web resources about - Data Sharing between PHP & .NET APPs SQL Server - asp.net.getting-started

Sharing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sharing is the joint use of a resource or space. In its narrow sense, it refers to joint or alternating use of an inherently finite good, such ...

Car-sharing firm Go Get aims to have cars within 250 metres of where people live
Car-sharing firm Go Get says convenience is the key to making the system work.

Game of Thrones and Interstellar top piracy lists as unauthorised sharing booms
The entertainment industry's war on unauthorised media sharing did not stop millions more fans joining in.

Bikies busted for sharing taxi ride
FIVE Hells Angels bikies have appeared in court charged with criminal association — the first arrested under new serious and organised crime ...

LastPass password manager update adds emergency access, sharing center and new UI
... the vault and when access is granted. During the waiting period, users can decline an Emergency Access request to their vault. The new Sharing ...

Sharing The Online Love
Biglaw partner turned senior in-house lawyer Mark Herrmann reviews some of his most buzz-generating columns of the year.

Shoto Introduces ‘Album Match’ for Sharing Photos With Friends on iOS
... push in truly letting you get the photos you didn’t take. Whilst others sell you on this fear of missing out, you always end up getting a sharing ...

Netflix is cool with you sharing your account
Don't worry about lending your Netflix password. CEO Reed Hastings says sharing entertainment is a good thing.

LastPass gets a fancy new look, emergency access, Sharing Center
... management clients, just got a major upgrade that brings a fancy new look, emergency access for trusted friends, and revamped password sharing ...

Netflix CEO Is Fine With You Sharing Your Netflix Password -
Back in October Charter CEO Tom Rutledge whined about users sharing each other's video login credentials, claiming that companies like HBO that ...