Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0,

I copied the files from my dev server to my production server (my app works find on my development server), but now, I getting this error when I try to launch the app on my production server...  Any ideas what this means or how to fix?  (this is the first time I've ever tried to move an app from dev to production in .NET

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 63:         <compilation debug="true">
Line 64:             <assemblies>
Line 65:                 <add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />
Line 66:                 <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
Line 67:                 <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />

Source File: E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\ExternalApps\NewEmployment\web.config    Line: 65

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Never make important decisions on a Monday!
0
funluckykitty

ensure that the server has .NET Framework 3.5 installed. Does directory at location "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5" exist?

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
5/21/2008 8:30:35 PM

Looks like your production server isn't running 3.5.  Can you verify that it's installed?

0
ColinWhitlatch
5/21/2008 8:30:54 PM

joteke:

Hi,

ensure that the server has .NET Framework 3.5 installed. Does directory at location "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5" exist?

Incorrect!  .Net 3.5 does NOT create a new framework directory.  Please follow the instructions at this link to verify your version: http://blogs.msdn.com/robvi/archive/2004/02/17/75272.aspx

If you have a 3.5 directory, you'll see it doesn't contain any runtime directory in it.

0
ColinWhitlatch
5/21/2008 8:34:19 PM

D'oh.. it's still 2.0.  Argh.. Thank you!!!  :-)

Never make important decisions on a Monday!
0
funluckykitty
5/21/2008 8:36:31 PM

ColinWhitlatch:

joteke:

Hi,

ensure that the server has .NET Framework 3.5 installed. Does directory at location "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5" exist?

Incorrect!  .Net 3.5 does NOT create a new framework directory.  Please follow the instructions at this link to verify your version: http://blogs.msdn.com/robvi/archive/2004/02/17/75272.aspx

If you have a 3.5 directory, you'll see it doesn't contain any runtime directory in it.

Well,

that directory's existence is enough (considering also what was the original error message) to detect is 3.5 installed. It contains for example csc.exe (3.5.21022.8) and vbc.exe (9.0.21022.8) compilers (those which can Linq...). Sure, runtime is still .NEt 2.0 Sp 1 because 3.5 doesn't change CLR, but in the end, the directory exists.

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi, I am using VS2008 and .net 3.5, #. i m trying to access default.aspx in the browser and it shows the error as "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."   Also when i use any of the Ajaxcontrol toolkit tools, i m getting the these kind of errors. I hav copied the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll and .pdb in the bin folder. but i m getting the same error. Please help me.  I will  be grateful if anyone can send me the co...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral....
Hi I have been developing an application to on VS2008 in C# and now i tried to deploy it for the first time on my windows 2003 server. The app ran great in VS2008 but when i try to deploy it on the server for some testing i get the following. Iv been looking around on the internet and tried chaning line 45 from 3.5.0.0 to 2.0.0.0 etc but it doesnt work. Could any help me understand what is wrong and how i can fix it? Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details belo...

Installing website on IIS: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0
Hello,  I'm trying to publish my website on a IIS server. The server has .Net FrameWork 2.0 and 3.5 installed. The asp.net service is enabled for the IIS, the version is set to 2.0.    My Application has also been published for 3.5 framework. It uses some of the AJAX Toolkit extenders. I simply did a build > Publish Website en copied it to the folder of the website on the IIS.  This is the error i'm getting: Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one ...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
 Hi, I am using Jasper.. I downloaded JASPER and the sample code from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=471BB3AC-B31A-49CD-A567-F2E286715C8F&displaylang=en but when  i try to run Samples.. I get the error :  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified i can find only System,Core under 3.5 version. I tried running the project from VS2005 and from VS2008.. still the problem persists....

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does n
Hello All,If this is a repeat of posting that have been created, I sincerely apologize.  I have been looking for a solution for quite some time and although I have run across a lot of different posts offering solutions, nothing seems to be work.  Here is my dilemma:I have created a website with several pages using ASP.NET 2.0 and AJAX Extensions (including the AJAX Control Toolkit).  The pages run fine on my Development machine but on my IIS machine, I continue to recreate a Parser Error in regard to System.Web.Extensions.  Here is what I have done thus far: I have a...

coplilation error : Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the fi
I have problem compiling my website on 2 machine(win 2003 server & windows vista). The problematics machines has these components installed: 1.Net framework 3.5 sp1 2.vs 2008 sp1 ver: 9.0.30729.1 sp 3.windows sdk for vs 2008 sp1 It works grate on 3 different machines (xp,2003) that has the same components installed and the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP. I can't install the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP because I already have the .net 3.5 sp1 installed. Here is my web.config ...

Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptReferenceBase' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
on my localhost, everything is working just fine, developing a few hours... then i publish to another server (windows server 2003)...and suddenly my website is broken. i could track i down to a scriptreference in my scriptmanager - which used to work perfectly.now i don't know where it went wrong - because i developed several things, including the addition of autocomplete textbox with the control toolkitbut even after removing all the code for the autocomplete textbox, the problem wasn't solved. i seem to be the first one to have this problem, because google doesn't return anythi...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0
 I developed my asp.net project using VS 2005. My web server is a Windows server 2003 and is installed framework 2.0 and Ajax 1 extension. Everrything works well until I intalled VS 2008 in my development machine.My website works fine on my development machine. But when I publish it to my web server, it raise a parser error: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0... I used ajax toolkit in my project. First, I found the web.config contained a statement: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken...

Configuration Error
Hey everyone,I am very very very new to development.  In fact, this is my first website.  I've built the site and it works fine when I test it on my local machine, but when I try to deploy it and type in the URL, I get the following error:  Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly &#...

Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_zdfvephf, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
 When  i tried  to access  my home page  it  shows the following  Error Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_zdfvephf, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Try to Find your project folder from this location, Close your Visual Studio and delete it, and restart your visual studio and then rebuild. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files Hope you are Using ASP.NET v. 2.0. Hope this Helps,-Deepak - DeepakDon&...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0 (and etc.) HRESULT 0x8013104
That little HRESULT, as you may know, means exactly what the error says: The assembly wasn't found. I have a Visual Studio 2005 web project I'm publishing into a folder.  When I copy that folder up to it's location on my test server, I get the following message because .NET Framework 3.5 is not installed on that server (nor should it have to be--the AJAX extension DLL is already on that server). I looked though all my Project settings, to see if I was missing something that was telling VS to reference System.Web.Extensions as a .NET 3.5 (instead of an ASP.NE...

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0
Hi guys. I have created a Web Site on IIS 6.0 on a remote server. I installed .NET 2.0 + configured server side extensions.  I then installed Visual Web Developer 2008 on my local XP machine. This installed .NET 3.5. I created a New Web Site in VWD 2008 (using HTTP). I connect OK to the remote server. However when I try to preview the default.aspx I receive error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your conf...

Why do I get this error: "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot f
I downloaded a reputed sample project and cant get it started because I am getting this error: Error 2 Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. D:\bills system\Bills Desktop\test\Dashboard\src\Dashboard\web.config 46  What can I do?  You need to install AJAX extensions for asp.net 2.0. You can get it here:http://www.asp.net/ajax/ Which version of Visual Studio are you using? If you are not us...

Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The s
Hello,  I try to use a windowslive website in visual studio 2008 with framework 3.5 I have installed the framework 3.5 and i get following error although the site is working perfect in localhost: Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.After this i check my gac and i manually (with configuration tool 2.0) installed 3.6 in my gac. I still get the same error. What am i doing ...

Web resources about - Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, - asp.net.getting-started