Copy VS.NET project from Local computer to webserver

Hello

I have created and tested a VS.NET project on my Local computer. Its asp.net c# webpage and now I want to test it on my webserver.
Is there any configuration that has to be made in IIS on the server?
Which files are the common files you upload... I suppose the page workes with just the .aspx files and the .dll... But how about future editing. Is it common that you save the .aspx.cs files on the server too?
Is there any way to upload all needed files from VS.NET 2003?
This is the first time im not only gonna use my project on my local computer so Im not sure what to do..
Regards

Lummeman
0
lummeman

Package all the files into a Web Setup project in VS.net

Copy this to the server and then execute it.
Try these links for more info :
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/deployingwebapplications.asp
http://www.webpronews.com//wpn-27-20031009CreatingSetupandDeploymentProjectsinVSNET.html
MCAD.Net vb.net
0
midi25
1/22/2004 2:48:46 PM
Ok, thanks for the links!

This seems a little hard. I only have a couple of files and maybe there is a simple way just ftp:ing over the files?
Im new on asp.net so I will probably do alot of small changes here and there... So I dont wanna make a setup file and execute every time...
Do anyone know a page with a guide how to make a project work on a webserver?
But the links go wrote will probably come in handy lator on!
Regards

Lummeman
0
lummeman
1/22/2004 3:03:12 PM
Methods of deployment include.

XCopy
FTP
Web Setup Project.
In your case then Ftp would probably be ideal. Or your could use Xcopy but thats a bit harder to use.
See this link for more details
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconwalkthroughdeployingaspnetwebapplication.asp

MCAD.Net vb.net
0