convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page

Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.

I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control.

Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),

Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good.

So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.

thanks

learning.. : )
0
aammiz

i would leave the usercontrols as usercontrols and just convert the pages to contentpages.

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige

converting aspx pages as content pages with user control
hi, i am converting the applicaiton 1.1 to asp 2.0. just wanted to know if there are known issue when converting the aspx to content pages where aspx have multiple user control. Like what are the usual issues i could get into? thnaks learning.. : ) Hi, About how to convert the aspx pages into the content pages, you can refer this thread: http://forums.asp.net/t/1244510.aspx About the usercontrol that is on the cotent page, you can need to drag the usercontent into the cotent page, or you also can Register the usercontrol manualy, for example: <%@ Page Language="C#...

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control
I note that by default or rendering rules, when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder, any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed. Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder and content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control? Thanks         Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the...

how to pass ddl1.selectedvalue from a content page to a User Control page ( ascx page)
 Hi All,I have a DropDownList in a content page. i would like to access its selectedvalue my user control page. the below is DDL<asp:dropdownlist id="ddl1" runat="server" autopostback="true">            <asp:listitem value="6" >6</asp:listitem>            <asp:listitem value="12" >12</asp:listitem>            <asp:listitem value="24"...

Master Page , User Control,Content page
 Hi friend ,I have user control at master page, I want to access it's property using content page I have done code but getting problem in deployment.((ASP.usercontrols_travel_hotel_directory_ascx)Master.FindControl("ucHotel_Directory")).Visible = false;  But I am getting following error in deployment project Error    137    The type or namespace name 'usercontrols_travel_animation_ascx' does not exist in the namespace 'ASP' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    d:\By Shakti5385\EternalMewar\Eterna...

How to get a control on the previous page when it is a content page?
There are 2 pages Default.aspx and Result.aspx: <!-- Default.aspx --><%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" MasterPageFile="~/Default.master"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> <asp:Content ID="Content1" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1">    &nbsp;<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Please input a string here"></asp:Label>    <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" ...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
HiI'm getting the above error with my application.Basically I had a master file and then some page files referencing the master file.In the page files I had some ajax controls so had :<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"><atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></atlas:ScriptManager>in them.but when I try adding an ajax control to the master file and putting the above code in, it shows the error messagewhy would this be?thanks!  Make sure you have prop...

CSS not accessable from content page when Master Page and Content Pages are in different folder.
I can't seem to find a solution to this problem.  I have a master page and content pages and a CSS file all in the root folder.  I have created a sub folder called News and have added a content page that references the master page in the root directory with the following: MasterPageFile="~/Default.master". The issue is that the page in the News folder is not picking up the CSS styles from the master page.  Has anybody else ran into a problem like this and was able to find a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks, Neeraj    N...

Using an Update Panel in a Content page of Master.page/content.page scenario
When I place an Update Panel inside a content page of a Masterpage I get the following error: Element 'UpdatePanel' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.  Is the Update Panel suppose to work with a content page, etc.?  Can't seem to find any Docs that talk about where the Update Panel is allowed. Warren     Well, don't you know it.  Right after I put out the original post, I then downloaded the latest release of the ajax extensions and it looks like they have fixed the problem with the update panel not working ...

Need to access a Label Control on the Master Page from a user control attached to a content page
Hello all, I have a master page (say  site.master)  with a status Label in it. I have a content page ( say content.aspx)  that has a user control (say usercontrol.ascx). One of the Button Click Events in the usercontrol.ascx needs to pass on some text onto the status label on the masterpage(LabelStatusMsg) and display it. I have been able to do this directly off a content page (content.aspx) by using the following code (VB)  on the master page <%@ MasterType virtualpath="~/site.master" %> and Dim mpLabel As Label = CType(Master.FindControl("LabelStatusMsg"),...

Web resources about - convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page - asp.net.getting-started

Tony Williams (@TBone8) on Twitter

Talk:Brazilian real - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Brazil , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Brazil and Brazil-related topics on ...

Biomass Energy (木薯干) - Solar panel in Sydney - Solar Inverters - Mounting Racks
We have product for Solar power, Wind Turbine, Biomass, Battery, which your requirements The cassava to ethanol convertion has really changed ...

List of FAQ - AbiWiki
List of FAQ From AbiWiki (Redirected from FAQ ) Jump to: navigation , search AbiWord Frequently Asked Questions Contents 1 User FAQ 1.1 General ...

Highways of the State of Illinois
Sponsored by Roads of the Mid-South & West > Illinois Welcome Sign on WB IL St Rt 114 at the Illinois/Indiana State Line near Momence...Illinois ...

Leroy Burgess: Sweet expectations
Pete Lewis speaks to New York soul/dance legend Leroy Burgess, to discuss the prolific veteran singer/songwriter/producer’s new LP ‘Throwback ...

The Way to Build HTML5 Video Blog
Someday ago, we have discussed how to get more views with HTML 5 video in previous post. Now, we are going to make this tutorial which tells ...

carriole remorque à vélo deux plus deux
449.00 Euros = 511.86 US $', LEFT, CAPTION, 'Convertion Devise', WIDTH, 200, FGCOLOR, 'gray', BGCOLOR, '#0000FE', TEXTCOLOR, 'white')" onMouseOut="nd()"> ...

Concept Feedback - Search for Web Design, Marketing, and Usability Reviews
Search for inspiration and reviews on websites, landing pages, newsletters, logos, wireframes, mockups, advertisements, illustrations, layouts ...