convert vb.net to C# web App

Wat is the easiest way to convert VB.Net Window application to C# Web Application

0
sivakl_2001

I recommend this website, as I've used it countless time and it seems to delivery.

http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Check out http://www.dgwebit.co.uk
0
davidtivy
12/18/2008 9:49:24 AM

I recommend this website, as I've used it countless times and it seems to delivery.

http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Check out http://www.dgwebit.co.uk
0
davidtivy
12/18/2008 9:49:31 AM

Hello,

 There are two things here;

1. Converting Windows App to Web App

2. Converting Vb.Net code to C#

1. Converting Windows App to Web App:

As the architecture of a Windows App  and Web App is different (Web app is 3 tire having client - IIS - DB) I suggest to re-design the application, if somebody is providing a tool for it, he is selling snake oil to you

make design from scratch, although you can reuse some of the business rules (code related to actual functionality) with little changes

2. Converting Vb.Net code to C#

Following is the magic link to convert VB code to C# :

http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

Hope I am clear to you

Best of luck,

Anup Daware

--Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.--
0
anup_daware
12/18/2008 9:54:01 AM

sivakl_2001:

Wat is the easiest way to convert VB.Net Window application to C# Web Application

I doubt if there is a way to do this in one step.
Assuming your VB.NET application had followed the rules of multitier development in a proper way, you should be able to convert your business and dataaccesscode from VB.NET to C# using some tools available on the market.
But I really doubt, if there is a way to convert your windows GUI into a web GUI. I think at least the GUI part hast to be redeveloped.

Regards,
TripleTwenty
0
tripletwenty

vb.net and c#.net same app
Been asked before, but... If I build a c# web app and someone builds a vb.net desktop app, can they communicate? and can you develop against it...ie..in my c# web app, can I add the vb.net desktop app as a reference? or at least make calls to it? web apps or desktop apps can contain components created in either language. i have a web solution that contains 4 projects. One of the projects is C# the others are VB.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Thanks...that is what I was looking for ...

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

Convert VB.Net application to C#.net
Haican any one help me to convert VB.Net application in this link to C#.net http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=6718&lngWId=10RegardsAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila Use this Free Conversion tool - http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips Other Code Convertors (convert VB to C# and C# to VB) http://converter.telerik.com/ http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/ http://www.dotnetspider.com...

convert c#.net page to vb.net
ok I have an entire page in vb.net and now I want to integrate some code from another page but it written in c#.net what is the easiest way to convert c#.net to vb.net I tried using www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx but it only gave me errors here is what I am trying to convert let me know if you have any ideas http://www.nomorepasting.com/paste.php?pasteID=20953 With Alex Lowe's translator ' Messages Private NoFileMessage As String = "No file selected" Private UploadSuccessMessage As String = "Uploaded Sucess" Private NoImagesMessag...

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

online sites to convert C#.Net to VB.Net
what are the best sites to convert C#.Net code to VB.Net code? I have to convert .net 2005 code from one to the other. just wondering what your experiences have been. thanks much I am a big fan of developer fusion's converters. I think they work reasonably well. They are quick and get the job done, and it is quick and easy to go either way. VB to C# or C# to VB.http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspxhttp://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/csharp-to-vb.aspxJust my recommendation. I am sure you'll hear a few different responses.Brendan C. Brendan EnrickBr...

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

Web resources about - convert vb.net to C# web App - asp.net.getting-started

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

"ISIS 'ranks' the women, considering foreign women and converts to be especially 'valuable.' "
"According to French journalist Anna Erelle’s recent exposé , ISIS foreign fighters prefer foreign women and converts because the jihadists find ...

WWE diva converts to Christianity, confesses to a life of sin
Stunning wrestling diva Taryn Terrell has shared a dramatic knock-down testimony of conversion from life in the ring to life with Christ.