Convert Excel (or Dataset) to PDF using C#.NET

Is there any option in .NET 2005 to generate PDF files either using an Excel sheet or a dataset?

0
venkatesh_ur

Not natively, but a ton of third party tools/components exist.

Jeff

jeff
3/3/2008 12:25:20 PM

None built in ..you will have to get some 3rd party component. I don't know of anything that is free

Jeev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.
0
Jeev

 There are two processes to achieve it. You can retrieve the data from excel file and import into DataSet. And then you can use ABCpdf to create a new pdf file with the datas from DataSet.

1. The below thread can lead you to import excel file to DataSet.

http://forums.asp.net/t/1192930.aspx

2. And then you can use  ABCpdf to create a pdf file with the data from DataSet.

You can try this Three-Party Control  to operate and read/create your PDF file. There is a link to download: http://www.websupergoo.com/download.htm

There is a great demo available in the above link and you can learn how to use it.

Support document: http://www.websupergoo.com/support.htm

Feature chart: http://www.websupergoo.com/abcpdf-8.htm

This thread is about creating pdf file: http://forums.asp.net/t/1218669.aspx

Hope this can help.

Vince Xu
Microsoft Online Community Support
Vince

Regarding Converting DataSet to PDF format in C#.Net/VB.Net
Hi, I can anyone help me regarding conversion of an dataset to PDF format. Thank YouMark as Answer if it helped youGayathri gayathri.pmsc: Hi, I can anyone help me regarding conversion of an dataset to PDF format. Thank You Either do it using Crystal Reports or create an html ny looping though dataset and then to pdf using itextsharp http://hamang.net/2008/08/14/html-to-pdf-in-net/MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets...

HI allI have a urgent requirement i want to convert .tiff image to .pdf file Thanks in advance Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. I dont think its possible without doing a lot of code or using third party tools, but if you  are looking for a free tool you can try a combination of http://blog.codebeach.com/2008/02/convert-multipage-tiff-to-pdf-in-net.htmland  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Creating_PDF_documents_in.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this pos...

how to convert dynamicaly loading images to pdf using HTML to PDF Converter for .NET
how to convert dynamicaly loading images to pdf using HTML to PDF Converter for .NET Now am converting using how to convert dynamicaly loading images to pdf using HTML to PDF Converter for .NET  tool. But the dynamicaly loading images are not showing in the pdf .     Are you using 3rd party tool or you are using iTextSharp free utility? If it is 3rd party tool, it's always suggested to ask the company which built the tool. Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Hi vishnusekhar, As to convert images/douments ...

Convert CSV Format to DataSet using array in C#.NET
Hi Developers!I need sample C# code on HOW TO CONVERT CSV FILE TO DATASET USING ARRAY.NEED YOUR HELP    May The Force Be With You ... Why are you using an array?  It's very simple to select from a CSV file into a DataSet using ADO.NET and OLEDB:http://forums.asp.net/thread/1373223.aspx Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Hi, thanks for the reply. Because I saw a code b4 in C# using an array and its very fast converting a 400MB csv file. Also because the csv are separated in several category...

CONVERT VISUALBASIC.NET TO C#.NET!
Hi theretrying to complete a login page.  The example I have is written in visual basic, can you please convert the following statement into C# for a submit button (transferring data to a database!!):Sub btnSubmit_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)   If Page.IsValid then      InsertGuestbookEntry(name.Text, email.Text, message.Text)      Response.Redirect("ViewGuestbook.aspx")   End IfEnd SubAlso, the following for retrieving data from a database into a drop down menu:Sub Page_Load (sender as ...

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

use of vb.net and c#.net

Using Dot Net Nuke to maintain a site developed in VS.NET using C#
Hi,Does anyone know if there is a way to create a site using C# and Visual Studio.NET 2003, but then use Dot Net Nuke to allow non-technical users to add content to the site.  The current state of the site must be accessible in both VS.NET and DNN regardless of which application saved it last.  Also preferably I would like the language used to remain C# even when edited by the marketing staff, so that I can still maintain it myself using VS.NET.  Hope you understand what I mean. If this is not possible, I wonder if anyone knows what solution I am after.   Thanks in adv...

Convert VB.Net application to C#.net
Haican any one help me to convert VB.Net application in this link to C#.net http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=6718&lngWId=10RegardsAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila Use this Free Conversion tool - http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips Other Code Convertors (convert VB to C# and C# to VB) http://converter.telerik.com/ http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/ http://www.dotnetspider.com...

Web resources about - Convert Excel (or Dataset) to PDF using C#.NET - asp.net.getting-started

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

"ISIS 'ranks' the women, considering foreign women and converts to be especially 'valuable.' "
"According to French journalist Anna Erelle’s recent exposé , ISIS foreign fighters prefer foreign women and converts because the jihadists find ...

Stanford Designs Underwater Solar Cells That Convert Greenhouse Gases Into Fuel
... solar industry and the battle against climate change. Importantly, writes Stanford [&hellip Stanford Designs Underwater Solar Cells That Convert ...