Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected #2

Hi I hope someone can help with a compiler error message as follows

 <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" runat="server" Height="29px" NavigateUrl='<%# String.Format("Eval("Hyper")?Telecomitaccno={0}&BUSINESSSTREAM={1}&Dealer={2}", Eval("Telecomitaccno"), Eval("BusinessStream"), Eval("Dealer")) %>'

The hyperlink is designed to evaluate a hyperling value from a table and then navigate to it carrying forward three items of information.

The hyperlink works carrying the three pieces of information if going to a stated page and conversley it works if just evaluating the "Hyper" (hyperlink address from the database table.

 Many thanks in anticipation

Kind regards

Colin

0
worldwide

<asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" runat="server" Height="29px" NavigateUrl='<%# String.Format(Eval("Hyper") + "?Telecomitaccno={0}&BUSINESSSTREAM={1}&Dealer={2}", Eval("Telecomitaccno"), Eval("BusinessStream"), Eval("Dealer")) %>'

You just had an extra " character in there (fixed and highlighted in bold).

Change the + to a & if you are using VB.Net (I think, dunno if that goddamn awful language uses a proper concatenator these days).

0
Mr

Many thanks for the reply Iam coding in C#

I tried using + and & and I get a compilation error CS1010: Newline in constant

Iam not sure if the " mark needs to go after this as per your code.

Many thanks Colin

0
worldwide
9/29/2008 3:33:13 PM

Hi Mr^B

Many thanks your answer was correct it was a typo on my part the + works for C# but I dont know why they dont use &

Anyhow many thanks

Colin

0
worldwide

Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected

Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected
I want to put a hyperlink with the following code, but it display the error--Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected, PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME?? <ItemTemplate> <asp:HyperLink runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%#"product.aspx?productID="DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.ProductID")%>' ID="Hyperlink1"> <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.CategoryName") %> </asp:HyperLink> </ItemTemplate> and CODE BEHIND::: namespace Ecommerce { /// <summary> /// Summary description...

Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected
I get this error message when I run a page: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected Source Error: Line 63: Line 64: objDataAdapter.Fill(objDataSet, "[Order]"); Line 65: DataView objDataView = new DataView(objDataSet.Tables"[Order]"); Line 66: Line 67: if (Page.IsPostBack) Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwro...

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

Compiler Error Message: BC30188: Declaration expected. #2

Compiler Error Message: BC30203: Identifier expected. #2
I'm trying to create a web form that will create a new Author record in an MS Access database. I keep getting this error, and obviously I don't know what I'm doing, so any help is appreciated. Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30203: Identifier expected. ...

Compiler Error Message: BC30205: End of statement expected. #2
HiCan anyone help me, I keep getting the above error message in my default page code for a login, please see the below: -  Sub Page_Load()    If(Request.IsAuthenticated = True) Then    pnlEdit.Visible = true    pnlLogin.Visible = false    lblStatus.Text = "<br>You are logged in as:" _        Request.Cookies("'UserNameCookie").Value = "admin" and _        Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH")="Kint...

I Get this error : Compiler Error Message BC30002.
Hi everybody, i'm working on a project and works fine in my local server, but when i try to public into the production server, doesn't works i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'ClsDataAccess' is not defined.Source Error:  Line 3: Partial Class Presentacion_MasterPageLine 4: Inherits System.Web.UI.MasterPageLine 5...

Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected
Hello,I have a simple web form that runs on a windows 2003 server with the 2.0 .NET framework but when I move the app over to a Windows 2000 server running the 1.1 framework it gives me a strange error. If it's not something specific with that then it may be the COM component I'm calling but I was hoping I could get a hand debugging this. I've looked at a lot of other posts with similar error messages but those all seem to point to inline ASP with a # between the <% %> tags. I do call this page from a javascript function below but it's just a window.open.On the Windows ...

Compiler Error Message: CS1003: Syntax error, ':' expected
hent..." : "slett..."%>Hi, i have error in the belowed statement. It says " CS1003: Syntax error, ':' expected" If any body help me, It would be grateful.. Thanks in advance.   Compiler Error Message: CS1003: Syntax error, ':' expectedSource Error: Line 28: <td style="border:1;"><%# Eval("Person")%></td> Line 29: <td style="border:1;"><%# Eval("ass")%></td> Line 30: ...

while compiling getting error as : error: expected �=�, �,�,
Hi, I am using gcc (GCC) 4.2.1 (SUSE Linux). SUSE 10.3 While compiling a .c file I get following error Configuration.h:70: error: expected �=�, �,�, �;�, �asm� or �__attribute__� before �extern� can anybody tell me ways to sort out such problems. Thanks -- prabhat_singh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ In my view there is no as such error in the program. -- prabhat_singh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ prabhat_singh's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?use...

Converting classic to .NET 2 code, and .NET gets an error back from ADS?
 For future-proofing, our Internal Phone Directory is being moved onto our AD servers, and obviously we're using LDAP for queries.To get the phoneboook queries working, I adapted the current classic ASP code to use LDAP, and that works fine. However, we're wanting to move these pages to .NET, and that's where the problem comes in. Using the same basic logic from the Classic code (90% of its unchanged) to produce an LDAP query, I get the error  155 Unknown error (0x80005000)This is using the same website, and so the same credentials  - unless aspx pages run und...

Compiler Error Message #2
I have been following a tutorial on creating iCal/vCal entries and am stuck trying to figure out what I've done wrong.  When I try to create a simple entry, I get the following error: Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'TimeSpan' is not defined (I italicized the line throwing the error). Public Class vAlarm Public Trigger As TimeSpan 'Amount of time before event to display alarm Public Action As String 'Action to take to notify user of alarm Public Description As String 'Description of the alarm  I'm not sure how to go about fixing this, so any assistance would be mos...

I get a Compiler Error Message
CS0012: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.   Here is how this happened, I wanted to add an ajax CalenderExtender to a project and then i saved project and from the IIS i ran it , and i got the previous error, i have everything in place all the dll references in the project and in the toolbox are fine and everything ran perfectly before.  All the projects that were running be...

Web resources about - Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected #2 - asp.net.getting-started

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , or external linking . The most common reason for wanting to transform source code is to create an executable program. The name "compiler" ...

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Compile" and "compiling" redirect here. For the software company, see Compile (publisher) . For other uses, see Compilation . This article has ...

Facebook Open-Sources HipHop PHP Compiler Software
Earlier this morning, Facebook officially made their new PHP “compiler,” called HipHop, available as open source software. In the blog post by ...

Art in the Age of Matter Compilers
jurvetson posted a photo: Sheba may be the harbinger of art in the digital age — a mathematical sculptor with digital matter. She manipulates ...

Interpreters and Compilers (Bits and Bytes, Episode 6) - YouTube
This animation explains the difference between interpreters and compilers. It is from Episode 6 of the classic 1983 television series, Bits and ...

Typesafe cofounder forking Scala compiler
The main contributor to the Scala compiler, Paul Phillips, has announced on GitHub that he is forking the compiler to “fix some of the innumerable ...

Does Apple's new developer agreement ban Adobe's Flash-to-iPhone compiler?
Given that any kind of formal truce between Apple and Adobe was essentially blown out of the water by Steve Job's very public slating of Flash ...

Apple seeds devs with Safari 5.2 for Lion, Xcode 4.4 with new LLVM compiler
... to the general public this summer. Among the new features: According to Apple, Xcode 4.4 includes an editor for Collada 3D files, compiler support ...

NVIDIA and Continuum Analytics Announce NumbaPro, A Python CUDA Compiler
... are announcing that they are bringing Python support to CUDA. Specifically, Continuum Analytics’ will be introducing a new Python CUDA compiler, ...

IntelliJ Releases IDEA 12, Brings Improved UI, New Compiler Mode, Android UI Designer, And More
I'm not going to pretend to be a developer here, and I'll openly admit that the bulk of what IDEA 12 does is over my head. However, I do understand ...