compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" ERROR

I don't have this error when I visit the site on 127.0.0.1

But I have it when I visit my site on the internet!!
The ERROR:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineOnly' beyond machine.config.
Source Error:

Line 9: <system.web>
Line 10:
Line 11: <compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />
Line 12: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 13: <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="Login.aspx"> </forms>

Source File: d:\webs\omarco\web.config Line: 11
0
amera

It works for me. I can access my site both from internet and from local.

I don’t know if this will solve your problem, but you can try it:
Open your machine.config file, check if the declaration of the compilation section has an allowDefinition attribute set to MachineOnly and if so remove that attribute.
You can find the "complition" section under the:
<sectionGroup name="system.web" ..>
<section name="compilation" type="System.Web.UI.CompilationConfigurationHandler, System.Web, Version=1.2.3400.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
When a defined section has the allowDefinition attribute set to MachineOnly, you can't use that section in the web.config.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik
12/24/2003 9:03:21 AM
I do not have a file named "machine.config"

Where can I get this file?
0
amera
12/24/2003 10:51:02 AM
You will find the machine.config in the framework directory:

c:\<windows>\Microsoft .Net\Framework\v1.2.xxxxx\config
<windows> = The Windows folder.

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik
12/24/2003 11:47:43 AM
Ok. I found the file. But,

this file - machine.config - is in my local computer and the problem should be in the computer hosting my site!!! isn't is so?
0
amera
12/24/2003 12:07:31 PM
you should update your web.config file (in your local computer) and upload to the hosting site
0
PerfMan101
12/25/2003 5:26:27 AM
Hi Amera,

You should open the machine.config on the computer that throws the exception.

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik
12/25/2003 9:29:23 AM
should it be uploaded to WWWROOT in the hosting site?

or is there another specific folder where it should be uploaded?

thanks
0
amera
12/25/2003 9:29:40 AM
Machine.config is in (c:\<windows>\Microsoft .Net\Framework\v1.2.xxxxx\config) <windows> is the machines windows directory. (Fredrik N already mentioned this).

Web.config belongs is the root of your web application directory.
Not sure about your particular hosting company but generally machine.config is not modifiable by you (an end user) due to server security. Web.config is completely customizable by you since it is located in your web application root.
Are you sure that your hosting company has .NET Framework v1.2 installed?
-Paul
0
paulczy
12/25/2003 5:13:25 PM
the problem is with the site in the hosting company!

I do not think that I am allowed or able to access machine.config
0
amera
12/25/2003 5:39:39 PM
The version is: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.288

Is this the source of the problem?

Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineOnly' beyond machine.config.
Source Error:

Line 9: <system.web>
Line 10:
Line 11: <compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />
Line 12: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 13: <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="Login.aspx"> </forms>

Source File: d:\webs\omarco\web.config Line: 11

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.288
0
amera

Compilation debug = "true" vs. debug ="false"
If I run my site with debug="false" I get errors and can't make it past the login page.  If I run my site with debug="true" the whole site runs as it is supposed to.Is this common? What kind of errors are you getting? For whatever reason, I am no longer getting any errors.  I can't recall exactly what errors I was getting when things weren't working properly.At any rate, it's back to the way it should be.Thank-you for your reply, voodoo9055.  Your help, advice and expertise is always appreciated....

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?
If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before proceeding. :-) Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about? Thanks! Bob Bob P wrote: > If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" > changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me > and probably others...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"To" and "From" missing

replace the "." with a ","

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Me" is better than "You"

double quote

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

Web resources about - compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" ERROR - asp.net.getting-started