Compare strings or numbers? Which option works faster?

Just have this doubt and I can't find good info on it.

Which comparison took less time? If I compare strings or numbers (integers or decimals) to order data?

Many thanks.

0
Delavegaz

Delavegaz:
Which comparison took less time? If I compare strings or numbers (integers or decimals) to order data?

int is Faster because string comparaision is overloaded by Microsoft require
which some checks,
is  you can find the Difference here,

Response.Write(DateTime.Now.ToLongTimeString());
            //String Comparision
Response.Write(DateTime.Now.ToLongTimeString());

Response.Write(DateTime.Now.ToLongTimeString());
            //int Comparision
Response.Write(DateTime.Now.ToLongTimeString());

We All move to our original place.
Don't forget.

Imran Baloch
0
imran_ku07

You get some info about it from here:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/stringperf.aspx

Ahsan Murshed
__________________________
Please "Mark as Answered" if helpful for you.
ASP BOSS
0
ahsanm

get an option via GET OPTION?
Hello, is there a way through ISQL that I can display the value of the BLOCKING option for the current user (not the public setting)? I see in the help example for GET OPTION that I enter "EXEC SQL GET OPTION optionname INTO :hostvarname", but how I can do this directly in ISQL so that the value is displayed on the screen to me? I think I have to declare the host variable first, but I'm confused about how... Thanks. You could always just type in the SET statement and then hit the Execute button. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dy...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

getting a number out of a string....
Greetings, How does one just get the number part out of a string? The script below just prints 1. #!/usr/bin/perl=20 @str =3D ('Gambia001.tiff','Gambia0021.tiff','Gambia031.tiff','Gambia035.ti= ff') ; foreach $str (@str) { $num =3D ($str =3D~ /\d+/); print "$str : $num\n"; } Thanks! Dave Gilden (kora musician / audiophile / webmaster @ www.coraconnection.com / Ft. Wor= th, TX, USA) Endorsing Artist for the Moog Music: <http://www.moogmusic.com/artists.html?cat_id=3D25> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D...

Get Numbers From a String
Delphi XE function TDm.GetNumbersFromText(MyText:String):Integer; var i:Integer; begin Result:=0; for i := 1 to Length(MyText) do begin // I'm getting 'Missing Operator or Semicolon' error below if (Ord(MyText[i]) > 47) and (Ord(MyText[i]) < 58) then Result := Result + MyText[i]; end; end; Thank You You have defined the function as returning Integer but on this line you are trying to add a character, MyText[i], to the Return (Integer) value. Result := Result + MyText[i]; > {quote:title=Melissa Torn wrote:}{quote} > D...

Getting Started but not working!!
Hi there,I just started with asp.net but I can't get my code to run so sad :'( All I got is this code above and I got a error message on my first line of code Any help please Thanks Donald "Error    1    C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\DC with ASP.net\Tutorial 1\Default.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.  &nbs...

Can not get Pickup Directory... .net can't access metabase maybe??? Need to get working ASAP
I am using 2.0 to try to send an email to the IisPickup directorySystem.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(test@testing.com, "test@test.com", "Testing " + DateTime.Now.ToString(), "Testing the Mail Drop Folder");System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient client = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("127.0.0.1");client.DeliveryMethod = System.Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis; client.Send(message);Example Site : www.andrewworral.com (hit the button)This code worked on our old deployment server but not on our new server.  I s...

Getting started with JScript.NET

Getting all text at start of a string
Hello,I have a string (from a weather feed) that looks like:Monday: Mainly Sunny, 25.5°C Is it possible to get everything before the :So I can just get the day, and not the conditionsThe idea is that the feed looks likeMonday: asdsfasfMonday Night: asdsfasfTuesday: AFASFetc,Thanks  Try this: string s = "Monday: Mainly Sunny, 25.5°C"; string d = s.Split(':')[0];Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET...

Get Numbers in a One String !
Precise of some function of PB that gets to diffuse just of a text the numbers Example: ls_text = Magic1234PB " RETURN 1234 Does anybody know? I thank its attention! string ls_result, ls_x int i, li_len li_len = len(as_thecolumn) FOR i = 1 TO li_len ls_x = mid(as_thecolumn,i,1) if Isnumber(ls_x) Then ls_result = ls_result + ls_x end if END FOR RETURN ls_resu lt -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Alessandro Hass wrote in message ... >Precise of some function of PB that gets to diffuse just of a text the >numbers &g...

Getting started .net website

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Web resources about - Compare strings or numbers? Which option works faster? - asp.net.getting-started

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

No strength in numbers: VCAT rejects test case on objectors legislation
The first test of laws passed by the Andrews government to &quot;give the community a voice&quot; in controversial planning decisions has seen ...

Population snapshot shows ACT boost in number of children
The ACT is losing people to other states, but it's also home to the biggest jump in number of children.

Cattle turned away from Muchea sale due to excessive numbers
Cattle turned away from Muchea sale due to excessive numbers

How HuffPost, Sleep Number Will Use Each Other's Data in Branded-Content Deal
... that touched on the importance of sleep, the agency exec pitched Ms. Huffington on doing a branded-content deal with Horizon client Sleep Number. ...

In Hebron 'even the kids have numbers'
Israeli army introduces a new system of identification numbers for the 30,000 Palestinian residents in the city.

Donald Trump’s supporters hate religious freedom, by the numbers
... were on the issue questions. After asking respondents which candidates they supported, the survey asked them whether they agreed with a number ...

Runkeeper updated with a number of improvements for the Apple Watch
... 3D Touch, requests and snowflakes . Runkeeper - GPS Running, Walk, Cycling, Workout, Pace and Weight Tracker Runkeeper updated with a number ...

Omnibus Increases Number of Unskilled Guest Workers
The Omnibus would increase the number of guest worker visas available to unskilled foreign nationals seeking employment in the U.S.