I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks

0
jim68

Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code.

Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's.

The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side!

Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=view&id=1050&pop=1&hide_ads=1&page=0&hide_js=1

Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
SreedharK
5/11/2006 4:17:54 PM
Thanks, May I say, when an user clicks a button, pop up box show up. are they communicate?
0
jim68
5/11/2006 6:56:13 PM

When User Clicks on Button, a popup comming means, on that Button onclick event you might have some Client Side JavaScript. That's why you got popup.

So are they communicate? As Browser will act for onclick event, message box shows up.

Is click and Sever on sommunicating for this. No it's puerly client side event.

But some times, when you click button it submitts to server and does some process as you needed and get's the results back, in that instance you can think browser send request to server and server process it and responds back to browser.

hope I made it clear to you!

Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
SreedharK

client-side scripting or server-side scripting
I want to perform data validation in my page using javascript before the data is sent to my server, but I am very confuse that I don't know which way to perform, client-side validation or server-side validation? My javascript bible told me that javascript is a client-side scripting for data validation in client pc, but when I look in my asp.net bible, the validation part is done at server side. The worst is that, I find no way to use javascript in .asp or .aspx environment. I am really confuse with all these, could any one help me on this? Thanks. Use .NET validator co...

Difference between client side scripting and server side scripting
Hi,      Can u  plz, explain why the server side scripting is necessary, inorder to write the client side scripting. What is the main difference between the client side scripting and server side scripting. Client-side scripting is code that is executed on the client side, such as JavaScript. Server-side scripting is code that is executed on the server, such as VB, VB.NET, C#, or J#. For a better definition of server-side scripting and when it's necessary, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server-side_scriptingRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP...

Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting
hello I need an article that spaeks about Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting,and when i need to use one of them thank you for the help and for the time here are some good links to a bunch of articles on that subject...

client side script Vs Server side Script
Which is better ? Using Client Side validations with Java Script or Using Server Side validation controls provided in asp.net You should use both... Client-side for a rich user experience and server-side to support browsers without javascript support or with javascript turned off....

Call server-side script from client-side script
Hi to all, I would like to ask you How can i call from client-side script a server-side script and to have the result from the server-side script in the client-side script. For example, i wand to call a function writing in server-side (DynaScript) script from a client-side script (JAVASCRIPT) and to have an answer from the function. Thanks in advance. Nick, One way that you could get round this is to write your client script code as you would server script eg. <SCRIPT language=javascript> function getValue()... would be written as: <% psDocument.WriteLn(&...

How to call a client side script from a server side script?
Hi guys, I have a Button1_Click function which gets executed on the server side as soon as Button1 is clicked. I have a client side function, test, which is  written in vbscript. I need to call this test function from the Button1_Click function. Can anyone of you please tell me how to do this? The test function is inside an asp:content tag (Please excuse my terminology if I am wrong, I am new to all this).  Thanks and Regards, RJ Have you tried to use the below code Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick","test()"); HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Yes, ...

Client-Side and Server Side Scripting
Hi, im currenty in the process of trying to get an asp.net page to work with both <script> and <script runat="server" tags... idea being, i have a <script> tag which holds all the client side scripting for my webpage, at the moment this is just some slider controls which i have created (the scripting behind this is actually from someone on a different forum, which i have modified to do what i want..) - but i also want a <script runat="server"> tag to hold all the code for the buttons pressed etc in my web-page. im trying my hardest not to use a ...

Acessing Variable, declared in the client side script, from the server side script
I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the client side script from the server side script. Thanks! You cannot. The only way is to pass them as arguments to the server-side script. -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners EAServer Training & Consulting Coming Soon: Web DataWindow Book Web DataWindow Articles: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1003371 "Jeong-Su, Hwang" <hjs@i4biz.co.kr> wrote in message news:s9YmFSfKAHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the cl...

Acessing variables, declared in the server side script, from the client side script
I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the server side script from the client side script. P.S.: I'm using JavaScript in the server side script and in the client side script. I don't like to use ASP. Thanks! One example that come to mind: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv="Content-Type"> <META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307"> <SCRIPT language=JavaScript> ...

how to get value from client side script Prompt window to a session var in .net
hi guyz, i hav a problem with getting a value from a client-side inputbox to a session var in .net. is this possible? however, when i click submit button this is the code that's triggered. dim sb as New System.Text.StringBuilder sb.append("<script language=" & """" & "vbscript" & """" & ">") sb.append(vbcrlf) sb.append(vbcrlf) sb.append("do while xLate =" & """" & """") sb.append(vbcrlf) '//prompt window, val...

Server side Variable in client side script
Hello, I want to access the variable defined in the server side script from the client side. Can anyone help out with an example ??? TIA, Rakesh Babaria I think what you do is write is as a java script variable, so something like this: <!--SCRIPT var ls_serverVar ls_serverVar = "whatever"; document.writeln("<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>"); document.writeln("var xyz = " + ls_serverVar); document.writeln("</SCRIPT>"); --> Then in your client script, you'll be able to get XYZ. ...

Web resources about - communication between client side(java script) and server side in .net project - asp.net.getting-started

Communication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is the activity of conveying information through the exchange of ideas, feelings, intentions, attitudes, expectations, perceptions or commands, ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

Mobile News Online - The UK's leading mobile communication industry news site
This month, thousands of students will be starting university for the first time. Some will need new phones. Mystery Caller is on the case to ...

Geneva talks disrupted: Australian Communications and Media Authority staff to take industrial action ...
... A federal government agency's critical talks in Geneva are under the threat of disruption caused by industrial action. The Australian Communications ...

Vocus Communication and NextGen Networks in $198m deal for new submarine cable
Vocus Communications will help build Australia's sixth submarine cable – a link for everything from international calls to browsing Facebook ...

Controlling Your Communication
... something that hardly, if ever, will be found at a conference. The number one thing startups have on their side is controlling their communication. ...

ISIS encrypted communications with Paris attackers, French officials say
... has quickly turned up evidence that members of the Islamic State (ISIS) communicated with the attackers from Syria using encrypted communications ...

Faraday Future's head of communications announces departure on Medium
Filed under: Etc. , Green , Hirings/Firings/Layoffs , Electric Marcus Nelson, the former head of communications at Faraday Future, publishes ...

Android apps’ covert communications may be killing your phone’s battery
... you've installed are covertly communicating with their own back-end and other third-party servers on a constant basis even though such communications ...

Disrupting the Digital Wine Communications Community
Two weeks ago, I was one of six speakers recruited to Plovdiv, Bulgaria to inspire and to challenge how Digital Wine Communications Conference ...