com objects (in C++) not working with .net?

I have the following code in a .asp file

<%
Dim obj1
obj1 = CreateObject("MYOBJ")
%>
The same code in a VBasp.net page
Dim obj1
obj1 = CreateObject("MYOBJ")
End Sub
returns the error:
"Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request"
"aspnet_wp.exe (PID=3768) stopped unexpectedly"
and this is a very bad error ,only in .NET, which does not provide any clue. The event log shows: . I've tried everything, including changes threads in .NET setup files, reinstalled the framework. Nobody seems to have a clue.
Any help will be appreciated. I could provide the dll containing the COM object, if someone
is interested, but if you have one in C++, you can test with that. It is happening for every COM.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!
Valdum

0
valdum

This is not the right way to interoperate with COM objects in .NET. CreateObject is really only here for backwards compatibility with ASP classic.

Read this for the right way to do COM interop in .NET:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconAdvancedCOMInterop.asp
Bertrand
----
bleroy

Call to non .net COM not working after .NET
I have developed small samples of ASP.NET and one of them I tried to call a standard COM (non .NET). I took the code out for now, but a call to that COM from traditional ASP application now does not work. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?...

Type.GetType does not work in VB.NET but works in C#. VB.NET gurus Please help
Friends,   I am an experienced C# programmer who is working on a VB.NET project now. I am writing different methods covering the following functionalities 1) Take a datareader as input and return an arraylist of class object2) Take an xmlnode (received from a webservice) as input and return an arraylist of class object. The methods are generic methods which take datareader/xmlnode as first parameter and classname (string) as the second parameter. This way it will work trivially. The schema of class object matches with the input (datareader or xmlnode)In C# I used to do th...

get Subreport object in c#.net
i have a collection of reports and i want to distinguish the subreport from that collection and want to display that subreport.. Hi, You can't show the subreport alone, to display the subreport, a parent report must be exited and only in this way does it make sense, and it belongs to the parent report file. Thanks.Michael Jin.Microsoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help....

COM works in VB.net, not C#??
I am converting a site from asp to asp.net.  This site uses a COM object and I would like to use C#.  I've included aspcompat=true in my page directive. In VB.net, it works great.......Dim oLDS as ObjectoLDS = Server.CreateObject("ldswebapi.Lookup")oLDs.Initialize("C:\LDSDATA")In C#, not so great........Object oLDS = new Object();    // or Object oLDS;oLDS = Server.CreateObject("ldswebapi.Lookup");oLDs.Initialize("C:\LDSDATA");I get error "object does not contain a definition Initialize" I don't get it.  Can I not use C# for this?  jepatte Yeah yo...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

COM .NET Interop
Hi, I need help here.. I have this problem.I have COM VB6 that call a .NET class library, and this class library use the .NET SAP Conector to extract the information from SAP. I receive the information from SAP in a DataTable, the problem here is that I dont how to return this DataTable to VB6 COM. I made a test, and I can return a String to COM and basic types, but I dont know how to do it with this DataTable.Thanks for your helpI really appreciate. One alternative might be to add the DataTable to a DataSet and then convert the DataSet to an XML string using WriteXml(). That said, quic...

.NET to COM question ( Dictionary in COM and .NET dictionary)
 I need to write a data access code to replace the method of GetPerson() in COM data access, since the existing method is too slow. .NET can reduce the database round trips by using the dataset. The existing COM data access will stay except the GetPerson() method. So I am going to call the .NET getPerson() mehtod from the COM,  The original GetPerson() method in COM just go to data base, pull data from 7 tables and write to dictionary.  If the .NET getPerson() can populate the COM Dictionary, that would be great! I know .NET object can be directly assign t...

C#.NET or VB.NET

Web resources about - com objects (in C++) not working with .net? - asp.net.getting-started

Smart Personal Objects Technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Smart Personal Object Technology (SPOT) was developed by Microsoft to personalize household electronics and other everyday devices, through "smart" ...

Review: Encounters: Revealing stories of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander objects from the British ...
This show will have a strong impact on viewers who pause to hear the voices of the assembled objects.

The Safety of Objects
The Safety of Objects Artforum WITH BLOCKBUSTER BIENNIALS increasingly wedded to the galleries underwriting them, the term “biennial art”—the ...

Boston Police detonate suspicious object; looking for man who left it behind
Boston Police's bomb squad detonated a suspicious object on Atlantic Avenue after shutting down access to vehicles and pedestrians in the area, ...

UK trio GoGo Penguin releasing 'Man Made Object' on Blue Note, making NYC debut at Winter Jazzfest
by Andrew Sacher It's probably not a coincidence that UK jazz trio GoGo Penguin's promo photo (above) looks an awful lot like the cover of James ...

Divers pull objects from lake in San Bernardino investigation - Videos - CBS News
In a murky lake, divers looking for clues pulled what looked like a CD or DVD out of the water. The lake is less than three miles from the Inland ...

Chicken Of The Sea, Bumble Bee Abandon Plan To Unite As One Giant Can Of Tuna After DOJ Objects
Chicken of the Sea and Bumble Bee will be leaving their underwater wedding separately despite going steady since 2014 : the two tuna companies ...

Turkish Fans Throw Objects At Israeli Basketball Team During Anthem
'This was a complex experience with a hostile arena,' Eden Inbar, coach of the Isareli national told Sport 5.

Pluto Probe Spies Object Lurking in the Kuiper Belt
Although Pluto is a distant memory to NASA's New Horizons mission, which flew past the dwarf planet in July, it doesn't mean its voyage of discovery ...

This is your closest look yet at a Kuiper Belt object
... you see in the picture above may not seem like much at first glance, but it's a pretty big deal it's humanity's closest-ever look at an object ...