Changing the text of an input (text) control

Hi everyone, please answer the following:

I have a html input control as follows

<input id="newSearch_keywords" type="text" class="text" value="<%=JobsSearchBusinessObject.CurrentKeywords %>" name="newSearch_keywords""/>

When the page loads I need to look at the text of this input field and remove any * chars that are in the text.

Thanks for your help

0
ernie99

<input id="newSearch_keywords" type="text" class="text" value="<%=JobsSearchBusinessObject.CurrentKeywords.Replace("*", "") %>" name="newSearch_keywords""/>

0
HeartattacK
11/17/2008 9:55:58 AM

Easy as that, you're the man! Thanks

0
ernie99

preserving the layout of text input via text input control
Ok what I want to do is, when using the text input control all cr, lf, crlf and spaces are preserved when the content is input in a db and that the information/layout is preserved when viewing it in a text input filed or grid control.any ideas   jim When you input text via a multiline textbox and insert it into a database your specified line breaks will be maintained. When retrieving the record, you will need to do a replace on the string in order to interpret these line breaks in your html:myField.Replace("\n", "<br />")Does this answer your q...

changing text in static text control
Hello PB 11 build 8123 I have a window with a dwcontrol. When I am updating the dw control I want one of the column names (static text controls) to change based on a value I select in another column. So far I have the code in the itemchanged to capture the value of my selection in the field I first select. How do I take this value, (it can only be Y or N) and program one of the column headings (static text) to display a certain text? I can't seem to get it to work with setitem or settext. Those two funcs don't really work with column headings as far as I can see. A...

Fix broken text wrapping and control input text length in TextBox control
Hi! I'm developing a(nother; it's my second!) ASP.NET application that right now is giving me fits. On one of my screens, the user needs to be able to enter large amounts of text into three database fields. The database fields are all char(350). I'm having two problems with this. First of all, I found that when editing an existing record, text in the fields would wrap in a manner similar to this: Wow, what a sorryperformance! The text box is much wider than the text "Wow, what a sorry", so I couldn't figure out why the text was wrapping. I tried setting the Columns property to 90 (which...

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

How do I get the Text of a Text ....
That may sound confusing, but I need to get the text of a Dynamically created text object. For each row the Text objects text might be somthing different, and when I loop through all the rows, I need to see if any of them are a certain Word. When I used Getitemstring, it doesn't like it. dw_1.Describe( 'text_control.text' ) will give you the .text attribute of a text control in a datawindow. How are you getting different values for the .text attributes on different rows? Using an expression or something? -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.v...

text change, why wont you text change!!!!
Hi i've got a huge form with loadsa recordsets that populate text boxes, AND I MEAN LOADS!!!!It involves some calculationsI have text1.text which goes away and changes text2.text which is fine, but in text2.text i have another on text change thingy which it wont call :(any one have any ideas : )also does any one know how i could call a txt change, so it does the call total a. dont know if thats possible as well. Private Sub txtShare_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles txtShare.TextChanged Call Total_A() End SubThank you if any one one could help...

Getting input text from text area in code behind
Hello. I need to allow a user to enter some information into an HTML text area and then I need to be able to read what they have entered in code behind because I need to use that text in my code. At the moment when I try to response.write the text in the textarea it doesn't display anything. At the moment my code looks like this: Protected WithEvents message As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTextArea Public Sub sms_send(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) response.write(message) End Sub How do I get the ...

length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ?
hello friends length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ? second example is ..... textbox1.text is greenhouse.. i want to get green from textbox.text cheer Mark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi,you can always perform a Trim to a retrieved string to delete the leading and trailing space characters. For your second example where you want to gt a part of the retrieved string you can use the SubString method of the String class.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workar...

Text as text
Name: JohnA Boice Email: jaboiceathughesdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Text as text Comments: You need to do as Safari does and make ALL text, including buttons, links, bookmarks, and general page text actual text so screen readers can interpret and voice the text. Until this occurs, your products are a real pain to use. And I have limited sight. What about those with less or no sight? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Enabling button after text changed on text box from form view control
I'm using form view to display some text box that contains user's personal info. There are "save" buttons for each text box which are disable as default. I want to enable them when text is changed on the the text box. I don't know how to write the the JavaScript function to do this task and i also don't know how to call the function from the the textbox control (onchange or ontextchange?). Here is the formview code: <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID ="personalSQL"> <ItemTemplate > <ta...

cant get text of text box when it dissabled(value changed by javascript)

I need a control to allow user to write Text and I get the Html of Text
Hi all i need a control to allow user to write Text , but i want the user to write Colored Text and so on . And i want to save the html of the text writen . Thanks all Hi, take a look at the free component, freetextbox. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. hi , i downloaded the control you gave me , but it doesn't work good , For example , i want to insert the html tag it does in database , i get the tags , But it isn't inserted in database Please help if u can...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

changing the text on text box
hello, i need to build an addon which takes (on mouse click) the text of any given input text box and change it. how do i get theobject of the text box and set my text to its value. thanks... ...

Web resources about - Changing the text of an input (text) control - asp.net.getting-started

Changing room - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A changing room , locker room , dressing room (usually in a sports, theater or staff context) or changeroom (regional use) is a room or area ...

Beyond Timeline: The Changing Face Of Facebook Ads
Despite the hype, timeline may not be the most exciting, or important change coming on March 30. Expanded advertising opportunities may unlock ...

Robert Scoble - Micromedia, how it's changing what we blog - Facebook
Jeremiah Owyang wrote an interesting piece about micromedia and how it's changing what we do on blogs and how we distribute media (er, ideas, ...

8 Ways the Changing Facebook Home Page Will Affect Application Virality
For developers who live and die by the changes Facebook makes to the way information flows through the service, every little Facebook tweak has ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing Jobs
... your profile is a clue to the folks at LinkedIn that you’re thinking of switching jobs, so don’t be The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...