Changing a Control's font/color that is enabled=false...

Hi all,

Is there any way to get around the washout/fadeout effect of setting a control to enabled=false? Tongue Tied [:S]

I dont like the way it looks, but I can't seem to find a property or setting to allow me to change it.  I'm thinking its a built in Microsoft thing and I have no choice in this matter.

Thanks in advance,

John

0
sensoukami

AFAIK, you're right.  It's how the brower renders those controls,
in the same way that a  browser decides how to render a drop down
list, or a textbox.  I've never seen anything that would allow you
to change this display.
0
Xanderno
4/10/2005 3:32:00 AM
Right then...does anyone know any third-party controls tat would allow me to get around this problem?
0
sensoukami

How to change tree view's (web control) back color, font color and font size using CSS (Cascading Style Shteets)
Hi All, I have created tree view (web control) but i want to change all the properties of it, through single style sheet. Like all other controls (label, text box and combo box) it's not possible to change all the properties of treeview through single style sheet by including it to the contol ???? Please help........ MAITRAY. Sorry. No external css. but these attributes: DefaultStyle="background:#CCCCCC;border:solid 1px;color:black;font-size:8pt" HoverStyle="color:blue;font-name:Arial" SelectedStyle="c...

Changing font color on tab control's selected tab
All: Is it possible to change the font color on the selected tabpage's label in a tab control? In essense, I not only want the selected tab's label to appear in bold, but also in a different font color from all the other (unselected) tabs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave eg tab_1.tabpage_2.TabTextColor = RGB(255, 255, 0) James <Dave Yurasits> wrote in message news:41124a9a.4afa.1681692777@sybase.com... > All: > > Is it possible to change the font color on the selected > tabpage's label in a tab control? In essense...

How Can I change TextBox Default Color When It's in (Enabled=false) Mode?
I Want to change The Default Text Color of The TextBox When Enabled=false From Gray To another Color (Black) I tried to change its color through Style tags and Css   You can change the style of Textbox during postback when Enalbed is set to false.  You can not change the text color of textbox when its in (Enabled=false) mode. Although you can change the background color of the textbox. Hi  David, Just try  to  set the background color of the textbox  to  "Black"  when  its  enabled=false.   hope this helps you....

The Enable property of TextBox and Botton are false. how to change these control's forecolor? Is it impossible?
The Enable property of TextBox and Botton are false.  Forcolor of These control is gray.  Old people  cannot see it clearly. how to change the control's forecolor? Is  it  impossible? Thank you Very much    U cant do anything with disabled control for textbox u can do ReadOnly ="true" For button u can apply some good color combination so that ur button text appaers for eg use Red as forecolor so that its visible clearly even if the button is disabledMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP...

Troubles changing the font color for 'disabled' radiolist control
I was recently asked if it's possible to display the items of a disabled radiolist control in a font color other than gray.  At first this might seem somewhat trivial, but after reading some posts it does seem rather practical given that a page may be displayed using different fonts and colors which may prevent the user from clearly seeing the radiolist control (it doesn't look too good when there's a gray' background). I have tried to setting the radiolist control using an IE tag to make it uneditable,eg. rdlstControl.Attribute.Add("contentEditable", "f...

Getting the recreated control's id's by viewstate?
Hi How can i get the automaticly created fileupload control's id's by stroring them in the viewstate? Is it possible? or any other way to get them on the run-time? I can store button's click number and then create dynamic controls on the run-time and if i look at the source code i can see the auto-created id's but when i click submit button to upload files in fileupload controls i get an NullReferenceException. I guess when i click submit button all the id's gone because the page posts back. So i write this to read id's and assign to my fileupload control, here is the code for it...

Mozilla get's no style tag's from .net server.
I made a webform in web matrix, and it looks fine in IE. If I open the same link whit Mozilla, it looks like a disaster. When I look at the HTML source, there are no style tags as in IE. But when I save the HTML source from IE (the one whit style tags) and open it in Mozilla, it looks perfect. So the onley reason the webform looks wrong in Mozilla, is because the .net server detects Mozilla and not IE and sends a style less HTML source. Wy? Mozilla does support style tags. Is there a solution for this bug? Or is this a uh.. feature? ..Mivz Update, I have got some more info. It is ...

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

'&' gets changed to ' _' in a static text control in a dw
i have a static text control in my (by now infamous) grid dw. when the mouse hovers over a field thats not visible, the static text gets positioned there and the value of that field gets assigned to the static text control's text property. however, when i assign a string with a '&' (ampersand) in it, pb substitutes it with ' _' (space and an underscore). im using modify btw. ive tried to stick a tilde in front of it, use the hex value, put the tilde in front of the hex value, all to no avail. strangely enough, it displays fine in the regular char(whatever) c...

How To Get the Gridview's Field Value if the Column's Visible=False..?
Here is the scenario: My sql query returns Name, ID, SSNum. I use a gridview which has 3 columns Name, ID and SSNum (with SSNum is set visible=false) so the gridview only shows Name and ID. I need to use part of SSNum to form a NewUserID in the code behind. Im doing this by using the gvResult_OnRowDataBound. So far, if I set SSNum column's visible=false then I wont see this field on row data bound. Any suggestion as how to obtain this SSNum from the code behind?  you can set it as the datakey on the properties of the grid view and use this codethis.GridView1.DataKeys[this.Gri...

Netscape's Composer's Email/News Reader fonts cannot be changed?
Dear folks, The fonts of my composer is very small. I can barely read the message head on the left panel. I adjust the "fonts" setting in the "preferences" section to 20 points. But it does not seem to work. I changed the ZOOM setting to 200%, but that seems only apply to the message body itself, and does not apply to message head, left panel, etc. How can I make all the font larger? Thank you, -Gino "gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd14cn$dhq$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Dear folks, > > The fonts of my compos...

Is it possible to make darker the font color of control that enabled = false?
Hi, Is it possible to make the font darker if TextBox.Enabled = false ? Thanks. Which font you want to make darker.. please explain bit clear....Chinna_sv... Did you try setting the ReadOnly="true" on the TextBox along with a color?ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips For eg: <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" ReadOnly="true" BackColor="DarkGray"></asp:TextBox>ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting...

Meke Control's property disabled or enabled based on another property's entered value ?
Does anyone know how to disable or enable a property in properties window based on value entered in another property?Please advise.Regards,Dimitry...

How to get the data in textbox when it's property is enable=false at runtime
Hi,I m doing project in  ASP.NET 2005 using  SQL  SERVER 2005 as the database. And using SQL DATASOURCE CONTROL to get the data from sql.I want to get data of dynamic control textbox at lost focus event which is enabled=false. But, I dont know the procedure to get data at lost focus event and enables property=false. how can I get it? Please answer me as early as possible.....Thanking you in advanceprotected void cmdsubmit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; string str;&nbsp;&nbsp...

Web resources about - Changing a Control's font/color that is enabled=false... - asp.net.getting-started