Catastrophic failure in .net 1.xxxx

Dear all,
Everytime I try to run a project in debug mode, the following box prompts out:
unable to start debugging on the web server. Catastrophic failure
I have been searching for solution on the web for a long time and almost everypage tells me to do so:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q827559

However, as I am using 2000 professional, I do not have Domain Controller Security Policy. So I open Administration tool > Local Security Policy> Local Policy > User Right Assignment to perform the same task. Nevertheless, it is of no use.
Anyone may help? Thanks very much!
Xavier
0
Xavier

that article as if the web controler IS a domain controller.
However, maybe it has a clue....
The "Impersonate a client after authentication" user right (also named SeImpersonatePrivilege) is a new Microsoft Windows 2000 security setting that was first included in Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4

Do you have Service Pack 4 installed ?

Hope That Helps
All that wander, are not lost...
What were we talkin bout
0
uncleb

.NET 1.1 conflicting with .NET 2
I have a new server Windows 2003, and one of the web apps it is hosting fails from time to time.  Checking the logs, the message talks about a conflict between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.   It was my understanding that you could be running both ASP.NET 1 and ASP.NET 2 on the same box, with the pull-down selector to choose between them   Am I missing something here? thankscheersMatthewPerformance Outlook Each asp.net application runs in an Application Pool.Each Application Pool can only host one version of  ASP.NET at a time, so the first app to start sets the version...

VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Hi, Is it possible to use .NET Framework 1.1 with visual studio .net 2002 ? Thanks Yes.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

.Net 2 and .Net 1.1 on same IIS
Hi - is there a step by step guide for this anywhere?(IIS6 - windows web server edition)I installed .net 2, and created a new virtual directory - uploaded my .net2 web files, and it didn't run.I changed the framework to .net2 in IIS, then I got server unavailable when trying to run my existing 1.1 apps.I setup a new application pool, and derived it from the DefaultPool already being used by .net1.1, and change my net 2 app to use the new application pool.When I tried to 'start' the site, it advised the port 80 was already in use by another web site.I think I know where to change port 80 - bu...

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

.NET 1.0 books and .NET 1.1 books. Does it matter ??
Hello, I want to buy a book that is good to learn asp.net. I have seen some good books on ASP.NET in the book store, but some of them are for .NET 1.0 and not the current 1.1. Does it make that big of a difference if the asp.net book is 1.0 and not 1.1 ???? Someone please help me as I have to do quite a bit of driving to go review and purchase a book. I need to leave in about an hour so if someone know the answer, please respond, asap. Sincerely, Amy Daynou Amy- The changes are small enough that you won't see much, if any difference. This doesn't apply as much if you're ...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

Web resources about - Catastrophic failure in .net 1.xxxx - asp.net.getting-started

Catastrophic failure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A catastrophic failure is a sudden and total failure of some system from which recovery is impossible. Catastrophic failures often lead to cascading ...

Press Release: Mob sexual assaults reported to OpAntiSH during June 30th demonstrations hit catastrophic ...
... الجنسي الجماعي‎ hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Press Release: Mob sexual assaults reported to OpAntiSH during June 30th demonstrations hit catastrophic ...

Internships : What is the most catastrophic mistake made by an intern at a tech company?
Answer (1 of 105): I sat at the MySQL console for the production web application database and typed: > > DELETE FROM tablename WHERE id - 1234; ...and ...

Mexico Braces for 'Potentially Catastrophic' Hurricane Patricia, news october 2015 - YouTube
Mexico Braces for 'Potentially Catastrophic' Hurricane Patricia, october 2015 MANZANILLO, Mexico — Hurricane Patricia headed toward southwestern ...

Sean Price murder of Masa Vukotic shows 'catastrophic failing' of justice system: Daniel Andrews
... a "broken system". Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has admitted the justice system had failed murdered schoolgirl Masa Vukotic catastrophically, ...

JOHN MCCAIN: It Would Be 'Catastrophic' If Congress Blocked Obama On Syria
... that passage has a “long way to go.” McCain told reporters after the meeting that a vote that prevents military action in Syria would be “catastrophic.” ...

Greenland is melting and the consequences could be catastrophic
Scientists have braved the dangers of Greenland's icesheet to collect information on the rate at which the melting of one of the biggest and ...

WA bushfires: Esperance facing ‘catastrophic’ fire danger
A BUSHFIRE is just kilometres away from the town of Salmon Gums as an emergency warning remains in place for people in North Cascade in the Shire ...

WA bushfires: Esperance facing ‘catastrophic’ fire danger - PerthNow Search Search
A BUSHFIRE is just kilometres away from the town of Salmon Gums as an emergency warning remains in place for people in North Cascade in the Shire ...

'Catastrophic' fire weather moves through NSW
'Catastrophic' fire weather moves through NSW