Can you post a page back to the server without a form?

Can you post a page back to the server without a form from the HTML side?

What are my options?

I am using Sharepoint with webparts that do not have a form in the code.

I need to seperate a few things/functions based on some criteria that I can't get unless I submit the page back to the server.

any suggestions?

0
WebGuy1

Not sure if this is useful to help get me an answer

But something like onclick="__doPostBack('CheckBox1','')

but I all I want to do is post the entire page back....I dont care about checkboxes or txt boxes.  Just posting it back to server from the Client side

 please help when you have a sec someone!!

0
WebGuy1

__DoPostBack is a JavaScript function which is also to submit a form with the parameter in Hidden Control.

Your case is about SharePoint, you can post your question to: http://forums.asp.net/184.aspx I think it has its own method to submit.

Hope it helps.

Vince Xu
Microsoft Online Community Support
Vince

can i use a calendar picker control in my form without it posting back the page when i pick or change the date?
can i use a calendar picker control in my form without it posting back the page when i pick or change the date? First: http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27237 Then http://javascript.internet.com/time-date/date-picker.htmlRegards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site jolyon:can i use a calendar picker control in my form without it posting back the page when i pick or change the date?  Based on my understanding, you can try to use JavaScript to solve your problem.Also I write a demo for your reference only; Please look at the part of "bold";CalendarDemo.aspx: <%@ Pa...

How to load pages only in the content area without posting the entire page back to the server?
HiCan anyone suggest a method by which I could possibly load only the content area as I don't want the menu and other images around the content area to be loaded again with the same content as the data in the content area only changes without any change in the surrounding area of the pages. Is there any method other than using controls to load the content area without a postback?Thanks Karthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai It looks like what you need is the UpdatePanel to do partial-page rendering. This part of the Microsoft AJAX extensions.   Check out this link: http://...

Getting things back in Start Page and things out of Start Page
I know I posted over a year ago about this same question, I can not find my original post though. I know I posted it and I did find the solution and posted the sollution but I can not find it anywhere here again. They really need a better search engine on these forums. Is there any tools out there to help manage the start page? For example. I have projects that are on a web server I access them on the remote server. Well the start page never ever shows any updates for it the date posted as last access is the day I created it, However this is one of my more used projects. This one is so b...

can i page thru grid view without posting back!
can i page thru grid view without posting back!  HI, Set the EnableSortingAndPagingCallbacks property of the gridview to true and the paging and sorting will happen without a postback.Hope this helpsVikramVikramlakhotia.comJustlikeThatWhy Not Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you i set this to true and it says Callbacks are not supported on TemplateField because some controls cannot update properly in a callback.  Turn callbacks off on 'GridView2'. is there any way around this? thanks for help Hi,In that case you will have to use ...

re-posting a page back to the server after a pop up form is closed
Is there a way to post-back a calling web form after a pop up form is closed to re-populate data?Jeff Wasilauski, MCAD .NET, MCPC# WEB DEVELOPMENT-SQL SERVER DBA"If I have answered your question please mark as answer" window.opener.location.reload(); Ok.  But how do I trigger this event?Jeff Wasilauski, MCAD .NET, MCPC# WEB DEVELOPMENT-SQL SERVER DBA"If I have answered your question please mark as answer" Just place that line of javascript right before your call to window.close(). Thanks Stiletto That worked.  JeffJeff Wasilauski, MCAD .NET, MCPC# WE...

How to change the value of textbox without posting page back to the server
Hello everyone, I have a simple form with 3 textboxes namely txtNumber1, txtNumber2, txtTotal. The txtTotal will display the sum of txtNumber1 and txtNumber2. I'd like when the user enter a number either in txtNumber1 or txtNumber2 the txtTotal will automatically update its value without posting page back to the server. Do I need to utilize Ajax to accomplish it? Thanks for reading.   There are couple of options you can use: 1] Use Java Script to Populate your txtTotal on change of text in txtNumber1  / txtNumber2 2] You can use AJAX, by putting your cont...

Change content pages of Master Page without Master Page posting back?
so Master + content pages seems like exactly what I want except that they are assembled on postbacks. I am trying to make a site where both Master and Content pages have updatepanels, and the site switches content pages (40+ content pages) without the master page refreshing. Master Pages are assembled on postbacks so I don't think simple master page will work without annoying postbacks. I tried an approach where load content pages inside an Iframe, but the content pages take too long to load becuase each content page loads its own scriptmanager. View/Multiview will probably work but dif...

Getting A page can have only one server-side Form tag. From a sub
I have a form which pulls data from a database and fills out the form based on some user input. I am then trying to take the filled out form and send it via email to This error is virtually always correct, that you have more than one server side FORM tag.  It especially happens with Master Pages, since the master has the FORM tag already.  Go through your code and make sure there is only on tag, and that everything for the form is inside the tag. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know whic...

Getting data without refreshing the page
Hi I want to be able to retrieve some data from a database when an object is clicked on the web page, but I don't want to refresh the page.  When I used to use ASP I would use a hidden IFRAME (to do a hidden post) or even RDS (if I felt brave!).  However, I have seen some .net sites that seem to handle this in a far more graceful way. Not sure if the answer is actually AJAX and not through a .NET.   You can use the AJAX.NET framework or you use your own javascript libaries but it is done through javascript calls.Matthew M. Osbornhttp://blog.osbornm.comhttp://webl...

Get Error: A Page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have 2 ascx files, and would like to display all objects in 1 aspx page. I use the following code, but I got "A Page can have only one server-side Form tag" error. Does anyone know how to solve that problem? Thanks <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true"%> <%@ Register TagPrefix="report" TagName="PQATestResultPage" Src=PQATestResultPage.ascx" %> <%@ Register TagPrefix="report" TagName="PQAPRPage" Src="PQAPRPage.ascx" %> <html> <body> <report:PQATest...

I am getting the error as page can have only one server side form tag ?/
Hi,         Thanks, I am now getting the following error , can you pls tell me how to resolve this A page can have only one server-side Form tag. An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: A page can have only one server-side Form tag how i should resolve this This error is pretty much self-explanitory in that you can only have one Form tag...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
First: No I don't have multiple form tags. I have one and only one in the master page. NO OTHER. Here's the scenario: The form and the post back is happening on the master page.  If I only have one level of nesting in my master pages (i.e. only the main parent master page) everything is fine and dandy.  However if I have a second master page then the post back causes the above error even though the page displays correctly when there is no post back.  So this scenario works: Master Page with post back control ----------Default.aspx  But this doesn't Mast...

How can i create get values from Opened page in client side to my first page(server page)
i have a little bit problem that my Server page has coding like this : btn.attributes.add("onclick()",getdata()) and one text box is txt1 now when user clicks it Button btn then getdata function  executes ok client page function getdata(){ response.redirect("hello.aspx") } now on hello.aspx has 1 textbox txt2   now what ever the data has been inputted by user in (client side textbox) txt2 i want to assign it to txt1 (server side )conrtol on server pls help me send me code ...  Jay "Enjoy Life" When you do the redirect from Page #2 back to Page...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

Web resources about - Can you post a page back to the server without a form? - asp.net.getting-started

Finally, there's a 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' trailer
Space movie? What space movie? See also: Here's the magical plot of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' If you prefer wands to warp speed, ...

Samsung takes five-year legal battle over infringed Apple patents to U.S. Supreme Court
Despite the $548M settlement reached earlier this month, Samsung has now asked the U.S. Supreme Court to hear an appeal of its patent battle ...

This drinking game will help you survive your holiday party hell
It’s that time of year again. The time when we are forced to leave our warm, crackling computer screens, and head out to some stranger’s holiday ...

FAA finally issues ruling: Registration is a go for drone pilots
No license requirement, but don't fly those Christmas gifts without registering

Seattle lets Uber drivers join union in US first
Seattle has passed a measure allowing drivers of smartphone-based taxi companies like Uber and Lyft to unionize over pay and other working conditions, ...

New research shows Earth’s tilt influences climate change
From the LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY and the department of tilt-a-whirl, comes this Milankovitch moment. LSU paleoclimatologist Kristine DeLong ...

Cosby sues seven accusers for defamation, seeks damages and retractions
wtkr.com Cosby sues seven accusers for defamation, seeks damages and retractions wtkr.com Bill Cosby has struck back against some of the dozens ...

Kim Kardashian Having Another Baby Could Be Deadly
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West just had their second child and it sounds like it will be the last. Kim gave birth to her son Saint West recently ...

Newtown priest issues emotional plea on anniversary of Sandy Hook shooting to ...
New York Daily News Newtown priest issues emotional plea on anniversary of Sandy Hook shooting to ... New York Daily News Three years after ...

Amazon Tightens Rules On Hoverboards Because Of Those Pesky Fires
Amazon has removed many, but not all, brands of hoverboards from its website following reports of the popular Christmas present catching fire. ...