Can we run a .NET v1.1 application on a machine w/ .NET 2.0 framework?

Hi,

We have a pretty sizeable ASP.NET application that we use to run the company. It's written in .net v1.1 and it's currently hosted by a Windows 2000 Server w/ .net framework v1.1.

We are now upgrading our network, servers, etc. We will move the app to a Windows 2003 machine w/ .net framework v2.0.

Should we expect any problems?

Thanks,

Sam
0
SamU

The Framework versions will install side-by-side instead of one overwriting the other, so you should have no problems.

NC...

0
NC01
1/22/2006 4:49:39 PM
I believe that there will be an asp.net tab in the properties of an IIS application where you can pick the version of the framework that you would like to run the application under
0
jhouse
1/22/2006 4:56:53 PM
Haven't personally tried it, but ASP.NET 2.0 is "supposed" to be backwards compatible with 1.1.  You may want to do more research on this and/or try it out locally in one of the upgraded machines.
0
jcasp

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

DLL does not run on .Net 2.0 but runs on .Net 1.1
We have a DLL that was written in .Net 1.1. The DLL was not developed by us and therefore we do not have the source code to modify it. Based on my investigations, the DLL seems to be inheriting from the ‘system.web.ui.pair’ class. Unfortunately, this class is now sealed in .Net 2.0 and it therefore can not be used in inheritance. Does anybody have an idea on how we can make this DLL work in .Net 2.0?  Any walk arounds? Thanks Try to use Reflection to know the stucture of DLL. ThanksGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/...

.NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 on the same machine
Hi All, I have .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 framework on my machine.  Now, I want to uninstall .NET 1.1 to have more free HD space.  Please tell if I can do it without any trouble for the .NET 2.0? Thank you very much.  Pardon me for a newbie question.  elearner Start > Control Panel > Add remove programs > remove .NET Framework 1.1! Im sure its not taking up that much space tho!? :PDavid Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you -- Hi, Well I don't think it should cause any problem because of them are installed in seper...

Web resources about - Can we run a .NET v1.1 application on a machine w/ .NET 2.0 framework? - asp.net.getting-started

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Capacitive touch demand on the rise for most applications
The proportion of capacitive touch is growing in segments including smartphone, tablet, notebook and all-in-one PC applications, due to reduced ...

Application Security Lacking in Health, Finance Apps
The survey also revealed 82 percent of app users said they would change providers if a similar provider offered a more secure mobile app.