Can we reserver view state when page is post back from another page

When a page is post back by itself, the view state will automatically be saved and read.

But is the page is post to another page, and then call back by that page, can we reserve the state ?

0
ad_flying

 ad_flying wrote:

When a page is post back by itself, the view state will automatically be saved and read.

But is the page is post to another page, and then call back by that page, can we reserve the state ?

I don't think so, whats the purpose for that?

Richard Xin
MCAD(charter member),MCDBA,MCSD
Web Site: www.richardxin.com (For ASP.Net tips and Code snippet)
0
rx
4/26/2005 10:09:01 PM

I have seen this implementation at one client place. Here is work around.

When you post the page to another page , serialize the viewstate in session variable

and when you return to page, deserialize from session place.

Hope this helps,

Vick

http://vikasnetdev.blogspot.com
0
vick93

Getting things back in Start Page and things out of Start Page
I know I posted over a year ago about this same question, I can not find my original post though. I know I posted it and I did find the solution and posted the sollution but I can not find it anywhere here again. They really need a better search engine on these forums. Is there any tools out there to help manage the start page? For example. I have projects that are on a web server I access them on the remote server. Well the start page never ever shows any updates for it the date posted as last access is the day I created it, However this is one of my more used projects. This one is so b...

How to force a page to post back from another page?
Hi every one,I have a problem with acouple of solutions in mind but I didn't succeed in any of them, so any help would be highly appreciated  I have a long TreeView that I want it to scroll alone as one control and the rest of the page will stay without scrolling, I couldn't do it so I used a<frameset> in an htm page where the TreeView is in a single frame alone, now when the other page post back I need the page that contains the TreeView to postback too. Any suggestions??Thank You very much Have you tried enclosing the Treeview in a div and setting it's overflow style p...

POST to page returns another page (to POST to)
Hello! I am using LWP to post to a web page. The post works fine, but the $response the comes back contains the HTML of _another_ page that I have to POST to. This is where I get stuck. Normally when I $agent->request( POST $url [...] ) I know the $url. In this case I don't have a url -- I have a $response with some html inside of it. How do I POST to this new page? (I tried using HTML::Form as well, using the HTML::Form->parse( $content, $uri ) mechanism, but this simply posted to the original page I POST'ed to). Source and headers given below. Tha...

Is that we can Redirect the Grid View from one Page to Another Page?
 Is that we can Redirect the Grid View from one Page to Another Page?If Yes can anybody can give me an example Please. Hey sandynaidu,Yes, sureee you can ... save the datasource into a session then cast it to re-use in page2 Session["dt"] = ds.Tables[0];  //to save into the session Datatable dt = (DataTable)Session["dt"];   //to cast   Please, let me know if that helped ... Best Regards ..  Please, “Mark as Answer” the post that helped you.  protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)    { &nbs...

Enbedding aspx page into another aspx page and post back
I have four aspx pages A,B,C and D. My scenerio is whenever there is request for B or C or D , the three should get merged and it should be rendered through A (A is empty page). And if there is any post back from these three, it should be posted to the respective page and the rendering should takes place as in the first request. How can i acheive this? I have tried by writing httpHandler and GetPageCompiled Instance() to merge the three pages.Please Help. Thanks in Advance try server.execute()"One who lacks kindness of the heart lacks all good" [Muslim] I would use a different approach.&...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

How can I save my previous page so that i can go back by clicking back hyperlink button from my other page
hi thereHow can I save my previous page so that i can go back by clicking back hyperlink button from my other pageif any one can help me out , its would be thanksplease show ur answer with code if u couldthankssyed If I understand you correctly you want the Browser back button to take the user back to the previous page and not to the expired page. Use Page.SmartNavigation = true; in all your pages so that the postback url is not added. In this case you will only see the initial page not the ones that are result of a postback because they require form submitted data from even pre...

when paging thru gridview is it possible refresh view without posting the whole page back?
when paging thru gridview is it possible refresh view without posting the whole page back? Yes.  You can add AJAX functionality to your site and put the GridView on an UpdatePanel.  There are some tutorial videos on this site that show you how to add AJAX to an existing site.  Steve Wellens My blog thanks...

can i page thru grid view without posting back!
can i page thru grid view without posting back!  HI, Set the EnableSortingAndPagingCallbacks property of the gridview to true and the paging and sorting will happen without a postback.Hope this helpsVikramVikramlakhotia.comJustlikeThatWhy Not Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you i set this to true and it says Callbacks are not supported on TemplateField because some controls cannot update properly in a callback.  Turn callbacks off on 'GridView2'. is there any way around this? thanks for help Hi,In that case you will have to use ...

Change content pages of Master Page without Master Page posting back?
so Master + content pages seems like exactly what I want except that they are assembled on postbacks. I am trying to make a site where both Master and Content pages have updatepanels, and the site switches content pages (40+ content pages) without the master page refreshing. Master Pages are assembled on postbacks so I don't think simple master page will work without annoying postbacks. I tried an approach where load content pages inside an Iframe, but the content pages take too long to load becuase each content page loads its own scriptmanager. View/Multiview will probably work but dif...

how can i go different part of page with clicking word in start of page in same page ?

Using EditUrl or NavigateUrl to get back from Edit page to View page when itemId parameter is needed
Hi, I am writing a module for 2.1.2. The view control is loaded based on a "&itemId=" parameter appended to the url. The module has Edit and Add controls. I use the same ascx page for both (register the same page twice as Add and Edit). Navigation to the Edit is done by using EditUrl("itemId", itemId, "Edit") and navigation to the Add is done by using EditUrl("itemId", "", "Add"). This goes well. The problem is going back from both Edit and Add to the view, when clicking update, delete or cancel. I've tried EditUrl("itemId",itemId, "") going back from the Edit, but I get the "mid=...

Having Problem in Posting Value from a Content Page to another Content Page within a Same Master Page
Hello, I have a Master Page which contains two Content pages named: Default.aspx and Default2.aspx. I want to post a TextBox1 value (in Default.aspx) to Default2.aspx in the Master Pages and all my pages are in ContentPlaceHolder, but it is not working.   Is there Any kind of help?  Hi,you can pass value between two web forms by Query string, session  or by using cookieFor query string  refer : http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/QueryString.aspxSession: save session in default.aspx Session("t1")=text1.text retrieve session astext2.text = session(&quo...

How can I make the insert (update) function run and then post back to another page?
I have a webform that does the insert function and it works fine, but it currently just stays on the same page I do the input. What I want it to do is update and then bring me to another page where I am housing the report. So essentially I want it to update and then post back to the report page where to newly added record will be visible within the report. Any help would be appreciated.Cheers and thank you.    In the design view in Visual Web Developer, in the Properties view for the button you are using, you will see the parameter for "PostBackURL".  Here you ca...

Web resources about - Can we reserver view state when page is post back from another page - asp.net.getting-started

Tram — Site de la Ville de Liège
En effet, en présence des Bourgmestres concernés par le tracé, le Ministre de la Mobilité a présenté à l’Hôtel de Ville de Liège un Plan global, ...

Démarches administratives: Social - Démarches administratives - Ville de Genève - Site officiel
Liste par mots-clés des démarches administratives en lien avec le thème Social.

欢迎来到北京众云在线科技有限公司
请选择语言 Please Select Language 简体中文 ENGLISH Copyright©2011-2012 iChano Incorporation.

Centre d'Informations Internet de Chine
Le 1er juin 2012, Air France a lancé une nouvelle offre destinée aux clients de la classe Affaires sur tous les vols long-courriers au départ ...

1001Libraires : achat de livres et livres numériques sur Internet
libraire en ligne, 1001Libraires : achat de livres et livres électronique sur Internet... Véritable bouquiniste Internet, 1001libraires est idéal ...

Les clôtures de piscine
Les clôtures de piscine jouent un rôle important dans la sécurité de votre piscine contre tous les animaux et les enfants

Alaska Software NewsGroups
Alaska Software - The next generation of Xbase technology. The new experience of real 32-bit Clipper compatibility

Get the Popular Android apps in France on AppBrain
See the Popular Android apps in France on the Android market. Find, install and share the best apps and games for your phone. MobileConfig - ...

Resignations, fallout from recent bizarre scientific publications
... at a number of ostensible news sites has continued to make waves this week. As we noted in our update to the story, Case Western Reserver University ...

Bordeaux tourisme, hôtels Bordeaux, séjours bordeaux, découvrir et préparer son séjour à Bordeaux !
Bordeaux, Patrimoine Mondial de l'UNESCO. Découvrir Bordeaux, organiser votre séjour, réserver les hôtels de Bordeaux, les idées séjours à Bordeaux, ...