Can VS2005 maintain VS2003 projects (1.1)

My web host is now supporting .NET 2.0.  When I install VS2005, will I be able to support the .NET 1.1 projects??  Or will I have to keep VS2003 around to support those older projects until I can convert to 2.0??

***

0
dlang

You need VS2003 also.

0
rampabbaraju
10/26/2007 9:54:36 PM

hi, you can convert the older version projects into new version

i thin there is no need of vs2003

just install the latest version and open ur project

it will automatically ask u to convert, jst click the convert button and u problem will be solved

plz mark as correct if it helps

0
azam841
10/27/2007 8:56:32 AM

It's in a current production site.  I'd have to make sure it works in a converted form before updating.   There is 2 sites (both use MSAccess) associated with this app.  I want to get to VS2005 for my main site...the reason I picked this ISP.  But, I don't want to have to convert everything, it's unproductive.

dlang
10/29/2007 12:35:54 AM

You may open your project built inn vs 2003 using vs 2005 ... the wizard will assist you updating your project setup.

However, I STRONGLY suggest that you should make a backup of your original project before going ahead with this process.

Cheers

Vishal Khanna

(pls mark as answer if reply helps)

Vishal Khanna
.NET Interviews & FAQs @ www.dotnetUncle.com

Click Mark as Answer if the reply helped you.
0
moredotnet

where can get the .net framework 1.1 ?
hi guys, I wan to download .net framework 1.1 version . Who can give me a href address about this ? thanks in advamced! Check out the following URL: http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/technologyinfo/howtoget/default.aspx Regards Chockalingam...

Can't create vs.net project (server not runing.NET 1.1)
I am trying to start an asp.NET application project in my vs.net and I'm getting error after error.. I fix one, and the next one shows up.. == ERROR: == Server not running asp.net v1.1 I found an update to 1.1 on Microsofts site and installed it, restarted and I'm still getting this error. What is an easy way to find out the version of asp.Net that I'm currently running? == OTHER SUSPECTED PROBLEM: == When I request //localhost from IE, I get: No web site is configured at this address. But I am currently running a sebserver and my webpage works fine, but the only way...

VS2005 and .Net 1.1
Will you be able to choose which .net framework to use in VS2005 - or will you be restricted to using 2.0 only? Hello, At first, VS 2k5 targets .Net 2.0 and there isn't a direct way of choosing an specific version of the framework.VB .Net Coder - Apologize my C# nescienceBest Regards. I doubt if this is ever going to be provided by Microsoft.They have not done this for version 1.0 and 1.1 and I expect the same to happen. More for business reasons than technical.Regards, Narayana Rao Surapaneni Architect | Author | MCSD for .NET | MCSD | SCJP www.msdeveloper.info I guess we ...

Using .Net Framework 1.1 w/ VS2005 Beta 1
I have developed a Windows Forms project in VS2005 that I want to install on another computer. Is there any way to specify that the project use the 1.1 Framework vs the 2.0 Beta Framework? I'd rather not install the Beta framework on the other computer, and I have not used any 2.0 specific code. ThanksScottSEADont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you!This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers. Here is one of the easiest solutions ;) Open your code with VS.Net 2003 and recompile ...

Web Project converted from 1.1 VS2003 to 2.0 VS2005
Hi,  this is a few questions really My site was originally in .Net 1.1 and was converted to 2.0 and then I used the 'convert to web application' option in VS2005 to keep the same model with a single dll.  The site is used by IE, Firefox and Safari.  Also I have kept a browsercaps section in the web.config (BrowserCaps update for modern browsers, http://slingfive.com/pages/code/browserCaps/) (which I think is maybe just needed in .Net 1.1)  Here's my questions; 1.  My site does not have any .browser files?  Does it need them and can anyone...

Getting path denied error when trying to run copied .NET 1.1 project to new server
I am having a problem getting a project started on one server transferred to another.  USS folder does not exist. Entire Solution and Project Files were copied onto server. Know I am missing something here. Thanks.   Server Error in '/USS' Application. Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\uss\7cb89631\ffe5ea77" is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the cod...

Can anyone tell me the diff between .net framework versions "1.1.4322.573" and "1.1.4322.903"
Production environment is running 1.1.4322.573 Pre Production environments are running 1.1.4322.903 We are seeing some javascript errors that are only happening in our production environment. All of our pre production environments for testing, development and what not seem to be running fine. We get the generic client side error that says which line, which char number and the brief description. The actuall error states "Expected ';' " . Here is the line of code that it's complaining about. "theform = document._ctl6:Form1;" This is microsoft ge...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

Do you have to convert 1.1 projects in vs2005?
I'm sure this is a simple 'no you cant' answer, but is it possible to just have vs2005 ide and still be able to build and deploy 1.1 and 2.0 projects?  or would that defeat the purpose of even getting vs2005?   j Visual Studio is a programming environment.  You can program anything in it.  The extra features that make programming easier are geared to the .NET 2.0 framework, but that doesn't stop you from writing 1.1 code in it. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post ...

Web resources about - Can VS2005 maintain VS2003 projects (1.1) - asp.net.getting-started

How Facebook App Developers Can Maintain Momentum After The Holidays
Facebook reminded application developers that the end of the holiday season does not mean their efforts to attract more users must end, as well, ...

DoD maintains BRAC fight, despite opposition from Congress - FederalNewsRadio.com
Amid nearly unanimous congressional opposition, the Defense Department says it needs to stop operating military facilities it no longer wants ...

Iraq's clergy strive to maintain legacy amid rise of Shia militias
In Iraq, the most prominent Shia religious leader takes positions that minimise the risk of sectarian violence.

Family asks court to demand killer driver maintain loved one’s shrine at crash site - AdelaideNow Search ...
GRIEVING family have demanded a driver who struck down and killed a man be forced to maintain his shrine amid emotional scenes as he left court ...

Socceroos will maintain the rage in Asian Cup
Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou reinforced his commitment to his aggressive game plan ahead of the team's final Asian Cup group match on Saturday. ...

To have and to hold: How five huge business families maintain their wealth
Some of the world's most prosperous businesses have been closely held by family members for generations.

Earl breaks silence to maintain innocence
Canberra winger Sandor Earl has maintained his innocence following allegations of peptide use, but admits he expects to be summoned for an interview ...

Would BP plc (ADR) be able to Maintain Dividend in the Long Run?
Bidness Etc explores whether the oil giant has what it takes to maintain its dividend payments in the face of steep decline in crude price.

OPEC Maintains Crude Production as Group Defers Output Target
OPEC set a record oil-output ceiling of 31.5 million barrels a day, a level that’s in line with the group’s most recent production estimate. ...