Can't create vs.net project (server not runing.NET 1.1)

I am trying to start an asp.NET application project in my vs.net and I'm getting error after error.. I fix one, and the next one shows up..

== ERROR: ==
Server not running asp.net v1.1
I found an update to 1.1 on Microsofts site and installed it, restarted and I'm still getting this error.
What is an easy way to find out the version of asp.Net that I'm currently running?

== OTHER SUSPECTED PROBLEM: ==
When I request //localhost from IE, I get: No web site is configured at this address.
But I am currently running a sebserver and my webpage works fine, but the only way I can access it is my IP or my URL... not with //localhost

This isn't my first time having problems getting vs.net to settup correctly... At the machine at work I had some difficulty also and fixed it not knowing what exactly I did to make it work..
One mans conceptions. Read all about it:

TorontoTalent.com
0
stiki

Go to the command prompt and run
[.NET Framework Directory]/asp_regiis.exe -i

Picky
0
pickyh3d
9/27/2004 2:38:57 AM
Still can't access LOCALHOST url...

or
127.0.0.1

What are some possible problems that are causing this...
One mans conceptions. Read all about it:

TorontoTalent.com
0
stiki
9/27/2004 1:34:08 PM
What version of Windows are you running? You are running IIS, aren't you?

I have a blog.

Perhaps you'd like to read it.
0
benjimawoo
9/27/2004 2:47:54 PM
Or there might be a setting in IIS that disables loopbacks...

I have a blog.

Perhaps you'd like to read it.
0
benjimawoo
9/27/2004 2:49:22 PM
>> pickyh3d

I executed that command it started installing somethign, it finished without any errors, but vs.NET still wouldn't let me create a asp.NET Application project..
On my machine the file was named aspnet_regiis.exe... (you didn't specify the underscore)
One mans conceptions. Read all about it:

TorontoTalent.com
0
stiki
9/27/2004 2:50:34 PM
Yes, I am running IIS...  (WinXP Pro)

I am currently hosting a personal webpage from my computer..
LINK: (if it will be of any use)
http://www.torontotalent.com
One mans conceptions. Read all about it:

TorontoTalent.com
0
stiki
9/27/2004 6:18:21 PM
I still can't get: LOCALHOST to work from explorer... nor 127.0.0.1

But.. I can ping localhost from command prompt??
One mans conceptions. Read all about it:

TorontoTalent.com
0
stiki
9/29/2004 12:36:45 AM
I fixed my localhost problem... BuT!!!

Now i'm getting a http 500 error.... ... and i've looked it up on the net...
all i get is more confusion..
Lots of people are having similar problems, if not the same.. but all of them seemed to have requred a differrent solution...
Some say:
- uninstall iis and framework
- uninstall windows
- re register some dlls..
- delete your asp guest account
- manualy create the WebApplication01 folder in the servers root, and change it to an application
- blah, blah...
I've tryed many, except reinsstalling my framework.. I dont want to do this, because everything else on my server is running fine... i can run asp files, aspx files... I just can't create a new project in VS.net

One mans conceptions. Read all about it:

TorontoTalent.com
0
stiki
10/14/2004 7:08:53 PM
Out of all the questions... This one gets the least amount of replies..

Eather none of the more experienced developers get this problem with VS.net...
or
it is a type of problem that doesn't have a general solution, which I think might be the case...

Its been days, even weeks... And I still can't create a project on my machine...

I'm about to go back to notepade, and compile things from commandPrompt...Good idea, or bad idea?
One mans conceptions. Read all about it:

TorontoTalent.com
0
stiki

Installing .NET 2 causes 'server application anunavailable' on existing .NET 1.1 site
Hi!I have a computer running an ASP.NET 1.1 web site. After installing .net framework 2.0 on the same server I got a 'server application anunavailable' on the ASP1.1 web site. I set the Security settings to 'Everyone' and I temporarily solved the problem.What should I do?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional If you are running on Windows 2003, they you need to make sure that your V1.1 and V2.0 applications are running in a separate application pool/process.  Otherwise, you will get a load error when the second CLR gets loaded into the same process. Try going into th...

Can we deploy a .net 1.1 app to a .net 2.0 server?
Hi, We have been hosting an app on a server that has ASP and ASP.net 1.1 support.  We are now moving to an ISP that has ASP, ASP.net 1.1 and ASP.Net 2.0 plans.  We will soon migrate the development environment to VS 2005.  However, today we use VS 2003.  My question is can we initially deply to a server that has .net 2.0 support?  Are the 2.0 libs fully backward compatible? jerry    You can deploy a 1.1 app to a server runnuing both 1.1 and 2.0 by setting the framework version for the application on the server.  You can deploy many (bu...

Can't install DotNetNuke with Windows Server 2004 and .NET 1.1
I don't know if it's a mix of Windows Server or .NET 1.1. But I download the 3.1_source package and what I get is the following when calling Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install .... 00:00:18.437 - Loading Host Settings: 00:00:18.828 - Configuring SuperUser: At that point, the logo of DotNet repeats and I get the following Unhandled Error Error Details File Error  File or assembly name xdoevn_c.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found. A repeat of the above simply changes the name of the DLL. I tried deleting the database, recreating it. Cr...

VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Hi, Is it possible to use .NET Framework 1.1 with visual studio .net 2002 ? Thanks Yes.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

New Project
Hi guys, I have been using visual studio .net 2003 with .NET Framework 1.1, to develop asp.net applications for a small setup. I've been doing this for quite some time and am quite proficient in the same. Now I'm starting a new project which has a strict deadline. Is it advisable to switch to VS.NET 2005 at this point. Or is it better to start developing in VS.NET 2003 and then migrate to VS.NET 2005 when more time is available. As of now I haven't really managed to upgrade myself about all the new features in VS.NET 2005. Appreciate reponse from developers who have tried migrati...

Directory.Delete(path, true); doesn't work (.net 1.1) and admin can't delete
Hello all.  I have a web application that creates a user temp directory, copies files into that directory, manipulates those files, sends files to the user, and then calls Directory.Delete(path, true); to delete the temp directory and all of its contents.  The problem is that this doesn't work and the directory is still there after the method call and code execution is complete.  I also can't delete the directory manually even when logged in as an Administrator.  It says 'Cannot delete <path>: Access is denied.'.  I was under the impression that specifying 'tru...

VS .NEt 2003/ .Net 1.1 issues
Hi, I have a couple of issues with VS 2003/1.1 development on a machine.  I have no problems working with VS 2005/2.0 on the very same machine.   When creating a Web Application on my localhost IIS install, as soon as the WebForm1.aspx is created I get an ExecutionEngineException in DefaultDomain and the IDE closes.   Thinking that this could be an IDE issue, I attempted to install VS 2003 SP1.  When I try that, I get a Fatal Execution Engine Error 0x7925dc14. I have googled that error and it seems to come up in the context of some other applications a...

VS.net says .net 1.1 not installed
This is really driving me nuts!! I installed VS.net, installed IIS 5, then installed (supposedly) .net framework 1.1 Heres the rub. I try to create a new web app in vs and all I get are messages telling me that the server does not have .net 1.1 installed. I re-installed the .net framework 1.1 and tried again. Still nothing. I am running the server on the same machine that I am working with VS.net for now. I have looked around the Internet and have followed several tutorials and quick fixes that did not work at all. I have tried restarting the server. I have tried renameing w...

.net framework 1.1 and vs.net 2002
Hi, Is it possible to use the .NET Framework SDK 1.1 with VS.NET 2002? Thanks As of my knowledge not possible! But see if any one has any other tricks to use!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Any ideas why IIF files can't be found after .net 1 to .net 2?
IIF files are quickbook files that I simply download via web page link. Since upgrading to .net 2, the .iif file (which are there) no longer exist. The directory still has the correct permissions, even directory browsing at that and I can see the file. The .iif extension is listed inthe extension's list. If I right click save as, it says it doesn't exist. I can download any other file in that directory just not .iif files. The directory in IIS allows you to switch from .net 1 to .net 2. If in .net 1, it says .net 1 can't run at the same time as .net 2. Which is understandable but...

Web resources about - Can't create vs.net project (server not runing.NET 1.1) - asp.net.getting-started