Can I install dot net framework 2 if 1.1 is already installed?

I notice my development laptop has dot net Framework (presume 1.0) and dot net Framework 1.1 installed.

I'd like to start gettting familiar with dot net Framework 2. Can I add this in or do I need to uninstall the 1.x versions first?

I presume that my previous dot net framework 1.x apps will still function if I install dot net Framework 2. Is this the case?

Thanks,

0
john1

For sure you can have both on one machine.
Just install the .NET framework 2.0, then you will have an additional tab in the IIS  MMC, which allows you to specify the framework each application would under.

Regards

Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
12/11/2005 10:32:48 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I'm am off to download dot net Framework 2.
0
john1
12/11/2005 10:40:28 PM
You can also install vs2005 and run it side by side with vs2003 if you want to :)

-Blake Niemyjski
Blog - Website: windowscoding.com
0
Blake05

how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?
hello everyone!I got a problem, I have installed .net framework 2.0 in my computer, but now I need to install .net framework 1.1.The install process of .net framework 1.1 halt when it is stoping the IIS Admin.Can I install .net framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?Or I have to remove 2.0 and install 1.1 and 2.0 in sequence?Thank you very much! There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Install Framework 1.1 after Framework 2.0 already installed?
Is there any conflicts installing framework 1.1 on a server after framework 2.0 is already installed?  I have an application that can only run on version 1.1 and I only have 2.0 installed.  Do I have to rollback 2.0 and install 1.1 first or should it be ok? They are individual, can run side by side and can be installed in any order.  Make sure you set the app to run in the correct framework. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. I've installed in this ...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Can I install two .NEt frameworks (1.1 and 2.0) in the same server
Hi all. I would like to know if two .Net framework versions .NET 1.1 and .Net 2.0 could coexist in the same server.  As far as I know an ASP.Net application build with Ms Studio 2003 uses .Net 1.1, and an application built with 2005 uses .Net 2.0.   Something that I do not understand is, if I build an application with ASP.Net 2003, and deploy it to a production server that has installed both frameworks 1.1 and 2.0, will my application use the framework 1.1 or is there any possibility of creating conflicts because it does not know which framework to select (1.1 or 2.0)   Wh...

Utilize .NET 2 [.net 1.1 installed]
Hi, My PC running Win XP (SP2), .Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 and VS 2003. I am beginner in ASP.Net. When I try to used a ASP.Net 2 property with a control, shows me error and I also noticed .net framework ver. at the botton of broswer window. What should I do to utilize .net framework 2.0 functionality? Thanks First, you'll need Visual Web Developer or Visual Studio 2005 to create .NET 2.0 sites. In order to deploy a .NET 2.0 site, you'll need to set the .NET Framework version to 2.0 on the ASP.NET tab for the sites properties in IIS. HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET...

question on installing VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Question 1: on the download page for v1.1 of the .NET framework, there are two separte download listed, one under Step2 (.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and one under Step4 (.NET Framework SDK 1.1). 1) i downloaded the first((.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and have NO IDEA where it installed the files. can you tell me where these files are installed. 2) when i go to install the second, it prompts me for a directory. do i need to specify where the files for the first were installed? if so where is that? I do not want to have duplicates all over the place Question 2: The installation ...

Web resources about - Can I install dot net framework 2 if 1.1 is already installed? - asp.net.getting-started

Pre-installed software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bundled software is another name for pre-installed software, as pre-installed are all bundled with a hardware device of some kind. However, bundled ...

REPORT: Facebook Home Can Be Installed On All Android Devices Running 4.0 And Up
The good news: Facebook Home can now be run on all Android devices running version 4.0 of the mobile operating system or higher, even if they ...

CPU fan installed - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Garrette's photos on Flickr. Garrette has uploaded 3652 photos to Flickr.

Gay-friendly traffic lights installed in Vienna - YouTube
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, subscribe here: http://bit.ly/AFP-subscribe Several pedestrian crossings in Vienna are showing symbols ...

Brisbane's new public art installed
From a distance, it looks like Commissioner Gordon's Bat-signal.

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

'Spyware' installed on rental laptops