Can I Execute An ASP.NET 1.1 Application's ASPX Page By Using Server.Execute From An ASP.NET 2.0 Application's ASPX Page

Hi All,

Can someone help on this?

I have 2 ASP.NET applications, 1 built in 1.1 and the other on 2.0

In 1 of the aspx pages in my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I do Server.Execute and call another aspx page which is part of the ASP.NET 1.1 application. On doing this, I get this error: Invalid path for child request. A virtual path is expected.

Is there any solution for this except for using Response.Redirect (WHICH I CANT USE). If not then can someone suggest a wayout for this:

Private Function CreateUserInCommunityServer() As Boolean

Dim strUrl As String

Dim swTemp1 As New System.IO.StringWriter

Dim strTemp1 As String

strUrl = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("CookingSpotCommunityServerFolderPath") & "/CreateUser.aspx"

strUrl = strUrl & "?username=" & EncryptorDecryptorClass.EncryptText(txtUserName.Text)

strUrl = strUrl & "&email=" & EncryptorDecryptorClass.EncryptText(txtEmail.Text)

strUrl = strUrl & "&password=" & EncryptorDecryptorClass.EncryptText(txtPassword.Text)

Server.Execute(strUrl, swTemp1)

strTemp1 = swTemp1.ToString

If strTemp1.IndexOf("<status>1</status>") >= 0 Then

Return True

End If

Return False

End Function

Thanks,
Raj

Cheers,
Raj

Raj Chaudhari
0
xtremebiz

hello.

well, i think that you can allways use the webclient et al (httpwebrequest, httpwebresponse, etc...) to do that kind of thing (don't forget to pay attention to thecredentials that are sent)
--
Regards,
Luis Abreu