can i develop .net 3.0 application in .net 2005 framework

hi ,

 can i develop .net 3.0 application in .net 2005 framework

..if so  wat are the steps to be follwed

0
rgovindarajan

 do you mean .net 3.0 with visual studio 2005?

you can. just download the visual studio 2005 extension for .net 3.0 from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5D61409E-1FA3-48CF-8023-E8F38E709BA6&displaylang=en

Hao Peng

Loving On-line Community
0
hao
7/1/2008 10:35:20 AM

I assume you are talking about developing .NET 3.0 apps with Visual Studio 2005?

In general, VS2005 does not support .NET 3.0. Either move to Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Web Developer Express 2008 (which is free).

But there is an extension for Visual Studio 2005 that you can install in order to work with WWF in .NET 3.0:

WWF: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5D61409E-1FA3-48CF-8023-E8F38E709BA6&displaylang=en

The CLR version of .NET 3.0 is 2.0, meaning there is no new framework version with .NET 3.0

johram
7/1/2008 10:38:02 AM

Hi there,

Yes, that can be done.

refer the below link.

http://dotnetf1.blogspot.com/2007/12/using-net-30-with-visual-studio-2005.html

Kalyan Krishna.B
(Web Developer)

Email: kalyandotnetdeveloper@gmail.com
0
kalyan1982
7/1/2008 10:38:12 AM

 actually .net 3.0 is just .net 2.0 plus WWF, WCF and WPF. so if you don't use any of those you can comfortably develop .net 3.0 app with vs 2005

Hao Peng

Loving On-line Community
0
hao

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Is it possible to run .net 3.5sp1 application under .net 2.0 framework?
I have an application with entity framework code, it menas it is developed in .net 3.5 sp1. And I have deployed it to .net 3.5 (NOT sp1) sucessully. What I did is copy dlls into bin folders. Now I need to delpoy it to a .Net 2.0 server. Is there any chance to make it working? I tried the same way, coped all dlls, but I keep getting the error like below.  Any idea? Thank you very much. Server Error in '/' Application. Compiler executable file csc.exe cannot be found. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

Can we run a .NET v1.1 application on a machine w/ .NET 2.0 framework?
Hi, We have a pretty sizeable ASP.NET application that we use to run the company. It's written in .net v1.1 and it's currently hosted by a Windows 2000 Server w/ .net framework v1.1. We are now upgrading our network, servers, etc. We will move the app to a Windows 2003 machine w/ .net framework v2.0. Should we expect any problems?Thanks,Sam The Framework versions will install side-by-side instead of one overwriting the other, so you should have no problems.   NC...   I believe that there will be an asp.net tab in the properties of an IIS application where you can pic...

How can i upgrade my project from .net 2.0 to .net 3.0
I have been developing my project in .net 2.0 and and its already deployed for testing. Its not yet in use but its already deployed for testing purposes. Then i realised that i already have .net 3.0 installed both on my developement computer and on our production sever posiibly through these microsoft updates because i did not install .net 3.0 manually, i just found them in the installed programs. So how can i configure this project and all the applications that i will develop in future to use .net 3.0 instead of 2.0 that iam currently using. Basically what i want to do is move my applicati...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

How can ensure that Visual 2003 is upgraded to or start picking Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0??
 I have visual studio 2003. But would like to upgrade to or it to start picking Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0. Mean the classed that  with  Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0?How can I do it? Please help Hi, From your description, I think that you want to upgrade your ASP.NET 1.x web application to ASP.NET 2.0 version, right? If so, you can try to open this web application from Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 and then VS will prompt up wizard to implement migration. After completing upgrading, please build it and fix the build error if it has. For more information, ...

Web resources about - can i develop .net 3.0 application in .net 2005 framework - asp.net.getting-started

Second visa application 'likely' to be approved
The family of a terminally ill Pakistani student can 'hopefully come to Australia sooner rather than later' says Immigration Minister Peter Dutton. ...

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 37% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance, Purchase Applications Both Up in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 7.3 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released
CNN Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released CNN (CNN) The visa application of one of the San Bernardino shooters was released ...