can a control call another control in it.

hello every body,

can an control call other control in it.

if yes than please help me.

0
sainiRahul

Yes a control can call another one within it. Simply use the declared name of the other control. Of course the parent control must be able to hold child controls.

 Jus to be sure, was it that or did you want to know if one control can load another control within it dynamically?

Do you know the truth when you hear it?
0
hooligannes97
11/21/2006 12:45:00 PM

thanx

for ur help.

mine issue is solved

again thanx

byeeee

hav a nice time

:)

0
sainiRahul
11/21/2006 1:19:15 PM
No problem. Did the reply help you at all?
Do you know the truth when you hear it?
0
hooligannes97

want to call one c#.net function in one user control from another user control
hi i have two user controls info.ascx and personal.ascx i have a function like in info.ascx i have a function like showdetails() {   } now i want to access this function from personal.ascx can i do this ? thanks in advance. shwetaThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path  you should better create a class where you will define the "functions" that you need in both files. declare "static" the function and call it like nameofclass.nameoffunction In a web project you can...

Trying to load a control into a control from another control
Exactly as the subject states, I'm trying to load a control into another control from a control loaded into a page, I keep getting this error from the code I have below. I've also tried the findcontrol but it keeps coming up null. (67): 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' denotes a 'class' where a 'variable' was expected UserControl ut = ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).LoadControl("BrowseItems"); ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).pnl_browse_main.Controls.Add(ut); This is how we Load User controls into a content place holder. try { UserCont...

Web Custom Control
Hi. I created 4 drop downlist controls as web custom controls, which I would either like to use seperately, or working together like a hierarchy (dependant on each other). The problem is, I need to communicate with the calling control (the web page where I dragged these controls on). When the dropdownlists are used seperately, they should return all items on a table, but when they are used together, the child dropdownlist should only return items from the table based on the selection of the parent dropdownlist just above it. Can anyone please help? Thanks. You should post this in the Build...

BUG: Image Controls in UpdateProgess Control: Can not use FindControl() methods to get Image
There is a single UpdateProgress control on the page. as such: <ajax:UpdateProgress  ID="UpdateProgress1" runat="server"   DisplayAfter="100" >         <ProgressTemplate>                <div style="border:2px solid #0099FF; background-color:#EFEFEF; padding:10px; width:200px; height:20px;">               Updating Panel            </div&...

Calling controls from controlls
ok lets see how i do this my pages are calling 2 diferent controls ctrlNav and ctrBbody  Now what i need is that the ctrlNav calls a function on the ctrBbody.   how i call it from the page is. ctrBbody.Speech = "Hello! Word"; Thanks for all the helpyou know the code will allways work Hi, Define a public variable of type ctrlBody in your ctrlNav. In your page assign this ctrlBody to this variable, now inside your control navigation you can use this variable and call any function on ctrlBody  Please mark post as answer if it helped youMy Blog how would...

Why is my ATLAS TEMPLATED USER CONTROL getting all instances of this controls methods called? I only want it called for the instance that I click the button from...
I have created a templated user control and it uses ATLAS. So...once the control loads, it then makes an ajax call to populate itself. "server" UpdateMode="Conditional" ID="UpdatePanel1" ChildrenAsTriggers="False" > "TNews1" runat="server"> BNNews(<%# Container.Row["TotalItems"].ToString()%>) <%# Container.Row["NewsID"] %> - "BNP35.aspx?newsId=<%# Container.Row["NewsID"]%>&promoId=<%# TN...

Can a user control communicate with another user control
I have several .ascx user controls on a page. Can they communicate with each other, or can they communicate with the page they are on? I guess I got in over my head by developing the page with user controls. Should I just remove the user controls and design the page without any? How do other people do it? Seems to me user controls are totally useless if you cannot place a value in one from another, or from the main page. You can create public properties in user controls, as with any other construct.  Give the UC an ID in the page, and the page can manipulate those public properties.As...

Can a user control contain another user control?
...? Sincerely,remedyMCP + Senior .NET DeveloperVista: Worth every penny. Yes, of course.Bertrand----This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. yes! this's ok!no problem!...

Calling a User Control function from another User Control
I have several User Controls on my main page. They are basically DataLists that are filled contiginent on one another. How do I call a function in one User Control on the page from another one? I would not do that. I would more likely have the page control the interactions with both user controls, surface events on one or both of the controls and have the Page level code handle it. Generally, "Reaching Up" is not a great design. Linking the user controls in the way you are looking to will make them less generally usable, because they will depend upon each other. You could...

How can a custom control view another control property ?
Hello, I have a custom control on a page. However, its value is dependant upon another control's value. Is there a way for the custom control to 'see' other controls on the same page ? I guess the only way I could do this is through a global variable ? Hello my friend, Both of these controls would be on the same page.  The Page_PreRender method of the page executes after controls within it have been loaded.  Therefore, within the Page_PreRender event of the asp page you would have the following: - MyUserControl1.lblMessage.Text = TextBox1.Text This assumes lblMessage is a lab...

user control calling the function of another user control
I've created two user controls that are being placed on a aspx page: control1 and control2.  I would like to place a button on control1 and when the user clicks the button, I would like to call a function in control2.  How would I do this? TLAlway take some time for fun! Um, if this can be done then you would have to use the qualified name...   Control2.FunctionName(args) Otherwise, you can't do it this way, but you can do it by writing a Class in your App_Code folder and then have Control2 call said Function and then Control1 can as well. If this post hel...

Controls.Add in Composite Control that inherits another control
Hi! I created a composite control that inherits from the WebControls.Button. I added the following in the Load event:         Dim mHidden As New WebControls.HiddenField        Me.Controls.Add(mHidden) but the control is not created. Why?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional Hi,Child controls on Button do not make much sense (how would you expect them to be rendered, doesn't button allow only text into value attribute?). Button allows child controls to be added, but they won't be rendered b...

Web resources about - can a control call another control in it. - asp.net.getting-started

Amazon takes control of delivery with thousands of semi truck trailers
As Amazon looks for new ways to speed up delivery, the company on Friday announced the purchase of thousands of semi truck trailers. The Seattle-based ...

The awkward pivot from gun control to terrorism.
... and even before the cops killed Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik, many commentators and politicos plugged in their usual call for gun control. ...

more pics from Ground Control Touring 15th anniversary: Woods, Kurt Vile, Parquet Courts, Beach Fossils ...
... Parquet Courts / Woods & Kurt Vile / Beach Fossils @ Webster Hall 12/2/2015 We already posted a review and set of pictures from Ground Control ...

It is rocket science: Blue Origin control room gets delirious over landing
Technically Incorrect: A new video shows the full raucous glory of the scientific experience. Watch as a packed house celebrates November's successful ...

Robinson: Quickest Way To Force Gun Control? Form A ‘Black Rifle Association’
Robinson: Quickest Way To Force Gun Control? Form A ‘Black Rifle Association’

Open thread for night owls: First U.S. birth control clinic lasted just 10 days before being raided
... Parenthood Only Lasted for 10 Days but Started a Revolution . An excerpt: During her time in Europe, Sanger had seen Norwegian birth control ...

Watch a 4-year-old drive a dump truck by remote control
To prove the toughness of its latest FMX truck, Volvo turned it into an RC racer and handed the "keys" to the luckiest 4-year-old ever. The results ...

Amy Schumer 'Heartbroken' Over Failure of Gun Control Legislation
The comedian reacts to the Senate voting down a gun bill on Thursday.

Facebook Gives Users More Control Over Viral Content In News Feed
Facebook is updating its algorithm to give users more control over how high viral content appears in their News Feed.