call webservice using javascript.

HI,

kindly let me know the code for calling a webservice using javascript.

Thanks.

jibrankh

You can have a look at this example

http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/csharp/cs_webservices/tutorials/article.php/c7781__3/

 it uses .net, javascript and WS and it has code examples, hope this works.

0
Deadpoet

call webservice using javascript without using AJAX and webservice.htc?
HI,how can i call a webservice without using AJAX and Webservice.htc, using any protocols?Thanks.X you could skip using an AJAX framework and issue an xmlHttpRequest directlyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMLHttpRequestMike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Hi, thanks mbanavige.well, is there any disadvantage of using xmlhttprequest?and one more question can AJAX also work on other web servers than IIS like Apache? and is AJAX compatible with all browsers other than IE?how can i call a web servi...

How do I call a .NET function using javascript?
Hey all, I would like to develop a firefox extension. I know I need to write in JavaScript - how do I call a function/dll that I wrote under c# and use it through my JavaScript code? Is there any module I can use? Thanks in advanced, YoS. ...

How can I use JavaScript to call .NET function?

how to call webservice using javascript? nid help!!!
hi all, i am currently facing a problem that when a user closes the browser, i have to update the database . I was tinking of creating a webservice and calling a method from the webservice to update the database as only javascript can only capture the event of the (x) button of the browser. But i am not sure of how to call a webservice using javascript....can anyone provide mi with useful links or examples ?? This is part of my javascript code....function HandleOnClose() {       if (event.clientY < 0)  // this is the event when user click the (x) button &...

Call VB.NET existing function or using Javascript ..or....
 Hello All, I'm new to programming and would appreciate some much needed help. I have hit a wall with one of the issues. Basically first the overview and then the nitty gritty details. I am working on .NET Framework 1.1 and using VB.NET. I had an existing ASP.NET grid in a user control which I have replaced using a third party AJAX Grid (Component Art) instead. Implementing the grid was very easy and up until now it has been a pretty smooth ride. However, now I have one column (out of 8 total) which displays a small table when your mouse hovers over it (in the original ASP.NET ...

Call Method in VB.Net Assembly using Javascript.
I created a user control in VB.NET Forms.  I need to call a function in the user control from an aspx page but cannot get it to work.  I exposed a property and was able to set that value.  In the button on click method I want to run the objects method.  Thanks in advance,Michael G. Object Defined:<!--<OBJECT id="Object1" style='WIDTH: 71.94%; HEIGHT: 135px' height='135' width='71.94%' classid='http://localhost/ScanningTest/SoftLightScanControl.dll#SoftLightScanControl.SoftLightScanning" ...

How to use Digital signature to call a java webservice in .NET
Hi Experts, I need to call a java web service with digital signature from .Net application.I got a certificate for this. When digital signature is applied to SOAP message, a unique hash is produced from the message, and this hash is then encrypted with the sender's private key. Please help me in implementing this in .NET.Thanks Take a look at this article, it is fairly simple to associate the signature. http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/19986/1954 SoapContext myContext = myService.RequestSoapContext;myContext.Security.Elements.Add(new Signature(myToken)); Chris Dupuy Sr. Develope...

to use a webservice or not to use a webservice?
hi folks, i have a web-based application that connects to a server for processing and then gets back the data from the server asynchonously to display to the user--specifically, the user identifies a product by answering coupla questions and then the program connects to a CAD server to generate models of the product to display to the user. creating the CAD files typically takes little over a minute or so...but i would like to know whether its a good idea to use a web-service to connect to the CAD server and then do the processing or whether remoting is a better way to do this. ...

How to call server side function by javascript using Ajax.Net
Sir, I want to call the server side function by javascript function. Is it possible using Ajax.Net (System.Web.Extensions.dll or AjaxControlToolkit.dll)? If yes then please give me the code or URL. I found some article using Ajax.dll but I want to use System.Web.Extensions.dll or AjaxControlToolkit.dll. Please help me. Thanks in advance Paresh        Hi, Ajax.NET and ASP.NET AJAX, what you want, are completely different implementations so please be sure to use the correct terminology in the future as there are already 100+ AJAX frameworks aroun...

Call method in vb.net codebehind file using javascript
Hi there, I have zero javascript experience, so hopefully what im about to ask is fairly simple. I have 3 textboxes in a form (salary, % fee, discount). Now I perform a calculation in a method in the vb.net codebehind file for this form. I also have a label on the form which I want updated as the form is filled. So for example if salary is filled in as 20000, fee is 10% and discount is 100 then the label should read 1900. Alternatively if it was the same as above except discount was zero then the label would read 2000. What I want to do is whenever a value is entered in one of t...

view state is not getting maintained when i use webservice behavior to call a weservice method through internet
Hello Mate,                    i have attached a webservice behavior file with my application ( in Asp.net1.1).                    Actually i have a master form , a pop up form .                    when i click a button in  the master form , the pop up form should be poped out. and when i click a button (say save) in...

How to implement WSE 3.0 SOAP Security Header for Webservice call using .NET Engine
Hello, I am using PB 11.5 and trying to call webserice using .Net engine. My problem is webservice I am calling requires me to populate soap header as per WSE 3.0. my WSDL doesn't contain any reference to soap header as a result of this I am not able to populate user ID, password, Token .etc. I need to populate security header like below. <soapenv:Header> <wsse:Security soapenv:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/oasis-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.1.xsd"> <wsse:UsernameToken> <wsse:Username>your_id</wsse:U...

Web resources about - call webservice using javascript. - asp.net.getting-started

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Entity–relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...

How To Use the Amazon SDK for Android to Upload Photos to Amazon S3
This article demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for Android to upload an image to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) from your mobile device ...