C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix

Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much.
-1
hbcontract

C#.NET and C# are the same thing.

Jim

MS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]

Old Dog Learns New Tricks

Preferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets
1
JimRoss
8/30/2004 3:40:30 PM
So ... that means I can use web matrix to create C#.NET web application?
1
hbcontract

yes you can. C# and C#.NET are the same languages.
Grz, Kris.

XIII

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

C++.Net vs C#
Hi there,  I am going to write a Windows desktop image/document processing application (Windows Form), which will be processing and I/O intensive. I was told that C++.Net will be much faster than C#. Also, in Visual Studio 2008, C++.Net can be compiled to Windows native code! I'd like to hear some of your great inputs on this. Thanks, Alan I don't have a tremendous amount of input on this except to say that you should do a lot of research before you make a decision. I was under the impression however that since C++ compiles to IL just like C#, any speed gains wo...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

Visual C#.Net vs Visual Studio.Net
I have read in other posts a lot of people recommending Visual Studio.Net over the Web Matrix. My query is: why is there a £700 difference between VS.Net and Visual C#.Net? As a c# developer, I won't need any VB functionality. I also don't require Visual Source Safe, as projects are generally small and manageable. What features are lacking in Visual c#.net that justifies the price difference? Does it have Intellisense / Dubuggers / Compilers? These are the features that would make me pay for it instead of continuing with WM, but I need to know if tehre is serious functionality missin...

True OOPS c#.net vs vb.net
Hi, Can i get the comparison between c#.net vs vb.net on the basis of supported object oriented feature. Which one supports more features of OOPS. They both support the same features since they are both based off the same IL code.  You will see no difference between the two.  Hope this helps.P.S.  By using the term "C#.NET" is a dead give away that you are new to the language.  Because C#.NET is a redundant term since C# is only available for the .NET Framework. View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 ...

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Web Matrix Vs. VS.Net
Is one have more features than the other?? I got WebMatrix with a code book I use and it seems to do the job, but I was unsure of the capabilities it has. Any suggestions??- km______________________________________"always here and always forever"...

VS.Net vs. Web Matrix
I have used the Web Matrix with a couple of books who use it and thought is was really cool. I would like to use it more but my issue is that no one at work knows about it. All our developers use VS.Net. So I don't want to be the odd man out. So my question is: how are people here using it? In a development environment? Just for learning? Are most people using it for just learning and then planning to move up to VS.net? I am not looking down at the web matrix. I am a big fan of it. I am also a huge fan of Front Page 2003 too which most of our devs can’t see the value ...

web matrix vs vs.net
i am confused about what web matrix is for. can't i do everything in visual studio? do i need web matrix to develop an asp.net application in visual studio? Hi, If you have visual studio.net, just forget web matrix. Web matrix is a free development tool provided for beginners or rather users who cannot afford to have visual studio.net (price, license etc.,) If you have visual studio.net, you can pretty well do asp.net applications. don't bother about web matrix. Hope it clarifies. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh HI! I have Visual Studio .net(lice...

Web Matrix vs VS.NET
Hi, I'm a newbie and is curious about the difference between the two? regards /xaphod Hi, You can find the difference at here Regards,...

[Hot Discussion] VB.NET vs. C#.NET by performance
Which one have the much better performance? Which one is the best?Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com Hmmm, the discussion doesn't appear very hot. By the way, the answer is its all personal taste, give or take a few things that aren't important.Thanks, Paul Wilson, ASPInsider, MC**For the best .NET code, examples, and tools, visit:WilsonDotNet.com, WilsonWebPortal.com, ORMapper.net I'...

Web resources about - C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix - asp.net.getting-started

Matrix digital rain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Matrix digital rain , Matrix code or sometimes green rain , is the computer code featured in the Matrix series . The falling green code is a ...

Audi bringing matrix 'organic' LED concept to Frankfurt
Filed under: Videos , Frankfurt Motor Show , Audi , Technology , Concept Cars Audi is bringing a concept to the Frankfurt motor show with a new ...

"As a kid, I was searching for my tribe of other people who saw through the matrix."
"Even as a kid I could never buy into the status quo. I just thought it was a joke; I couldn't believe other people weren't laughing at it." ...

'Matrix' actress Essie Davis joins 'Game of Thrones'
... HBO representative didn't immediately respond to Business Insider's request for confirmation on the casting. Davis has starred in "The Matrix: ...

December 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 250 Institutions, Q4 2015 Transition Matrix
... and State Bank of Nauvoo, Nauvoo, IL ($32 million). With it being the end of the fourth quarter, we bring an updated transition matrix to identify ...

New Film Theory Suggests Neo Isn't The One In The Matrix Trilogy
... The latest video from the Youtube channel, The Film Theorists , presents a theory that Mr. Anderson is NOT the One in the Wachowskis' The Matrix ...

Matrix-style Brain Implant Could Boost Memory
DARPA researchers want to place electrode arrays on brains to improve recall and reinforce muscle memories that don't exist.

Enter The Matrix! This iPad App Lets You "See" Wi-Fi Signals
... over everything. If you could see it, everything around us would ripple with information, like dropping a tab of acid after watching The Matrix ...

Artificial Intelligence: What is the Matrix?
... as “dot com”. Our imaginations were running wild when at the perfect moment Warner Brothers released its science fiction classic “The Matrix”. ...

Holometer finds no evidence we’re living in a Matrix-like hologram … so far
Is our universe a two-dimensional hologram? It sounds like science fiction straight from “The Matrix,” but scientists are checking out the hypothesis ...