button Export to Excel = Right Click "Export to Microsoft Excel"

Ok, I know how to export data to Excel, what I would like is similar to the print button.  You know how you can just add a Print button and the page is printed?  In IE 7.0 you can right click on the page and "Export to Excel", I would like to invoke that command and export the page to Excel exactly the way it looks in the browser.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Yes, we are all using IE 7.0 and it is an internal app.

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
0
commadercody

Nobody knows how to do this?

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
0
commadercody
6/6/2007 7:59:36 PM

IT's because you are asking about a CLIENTSIDE call in a SERVERSIDE forum.

And I do not believe you can programatically call this anyways. I'd ask in an IE group for more details.

0
Curt_C
6/6/2007 8:31:32 PM

Thanks for the response, but that just doesn't make sense to me.  It is the same as if we call a print dialog to popup and send the page to the printer without writing any extra code except for adding a print button.  There has to be a way!

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
0
commadercody
6/6/2007 9:27:03 PM

Use the forum search function; there will be threads about this, but probably not in the "getting started" section.

If a post helps to solve your problem, please click the Answer button on that post.

I'm still confused, but now I'm confused on a higher plane.
0
LockH
6/6/2007 9:50:09 PM

I tried that, that is why I am here and figured it was a simple question.

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
0
commadercody
6/6/2007 9:52:16 PM

It's a simple question. The simple answer is "No, there isn't a button you can just click."

The not-so-simple answer is, there have been a lot of threads about this recently.

If a post helps to solve your problem, please click the Answer button on that post.

I'm still confused, but now I'm confused on a higher plane.
0
LockH
6/7/2007 7:55:19 AM

commadercody:

Thanks for the response, but that just doesn't make sense to me.  It is the same as if we call a print dialog to popup and send the page to the printer without writing any extra code except for adding a print button.  There has to be a way!

Huh? What are you talking about... there isn't a way to call the print dialog from SERVERSIDE code either. window.print() is a CLIENTSIDE call.

0
Curt_C
6/7/2007 12:41:22 PM

Exactly, putting the window.print, there should be window.export() for excel.

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
0
commadercody
6/7/2007 1:31:17 PM

commadercody:

Exactly, putting the window.print, there should be window.export() for excel.

Not in ASP.Net.... Again, that would be clientside calls.

And besides... that would require browser dependant calls. I suggest you look at an IE7 forum for any newly exposed DOM calls, probably not overly productive to post to this (an ASP - Active SERVER Pages) forum...

0
Curt_C
6/7/2007 4:03:01 PM

Well, if you didn't know the answer you didn't have to respond.  I am checking Getting Started because I didn't see it anywhere else.  I am not here to increase my points, just find solutions.  If you can put the code in an ASP.NET page then it is the right forum.

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
0
commadercody
6/7/2007 5:29:09 PM

but you can't.... that's the point.

unless you are using asp.net to render clientside code... but that's like saying I put a chevy sticker on my ford so I'm going to ask about it in a chevy newsgroup....

0
Curt_C
6/7/2007 5:43:10 PM

oh, I don't buy American cars so your analogy doesn't work for me.  Again, there has to be a solution to this, thanks for all your help.

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
0
commadercody

button click Export to Excel = Right Click Export to Excel
I have code which exports to Excel.  However, I would like to remove these pages and just call the event to "Export to Excel" similar to "Print".  You know how you can just add a Print button and the page is printed?  In IE 7.0 you can right click on the page and "Export to Excel", I would like to invoke that command and export the page to Excel exactly the way it looks in the browser.  Does anyone know how to do this? Yes, we are all using IE 7.0 and it is an internal application.  "From my point of view, the Jedi are...

Export to excel
Hi, I'm exporting data into multiple sheets on a single workbook. For each entitiy selected by me on the screen, I create add a sheet in the workbook. This has been done. But when I open the excel sheets and do a View -> Page Break Preview, I see that the sheet is not in the printable format. Is there any way to make a sheet printable when it gets exported? Any pointers will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your help! Subha Fernando    Hey i am looking for something similar... did you find the solution for your problem, can you please post code here??? thanks in adv...

"Export to Excel"
Name: steve Email: veryhugeboxatgmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: "Export to Excel" Comments: hey while I'm offering feedback, one thing that I've always used IE for is the "Export to Excel" function for tables. It basically opens up a blank Excel workbook and embeds a new 'web query' in it. Not too sure if this can be achieved but it would be very handy if so. thanks for all of the work so far. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3pre) Gecko/2008012804 Minefield/3.0b3pre ...

Avoide "Â"  in excel sheet when exporting page to excel
Iam able to export my asp.net page to excel using below code but iam getting this error "Â" when i have empty spaces in the data.any help is appreciated { Response.Clear();Response.Buffer = true; Response.Charset = "";Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache); //Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=Test.xls"); Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=" + Title + ".xls"); Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";StringWriter st...

How To: Make "Export to Excel" always open excel in a separate Window
Export to Excel in ASP.NET is a very common feature, which I'm sure everyone who has worked in ASP.NET would have had the chance to implement. Whenever we choose the Export to Excel option from our Application, a dialog box pops us with the option to Open or to Save. By chance if the user checks off the option "Always ask before opening this type of file" that is shown in the dialog box, from next time the user will not be able to see the dialog box. Instead, the excel file opens up in the same window. To set back this option, the following steps can be followed:1. Go to Windows Explorer....

Export datagrid to excel ,White spaces in the data is shown as "Â" in excel
Excel is showing "Â" symbol if there is no data in the datagrid , please help how to get rid of it.any help is appreciated. Code Used to do export { Response.Clear(); Response.Buffer = true; Response.Charset = ""; Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache); //Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=Test.xls"); Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=" + Title + ".xls"); Response.Conte...

Re: How To: Make "Export to Excel" always open excel in a separate Window
<?xml:namespace prefix = asp /><asp:ButtonField HeaderText="Product #" DataTextField="ProductNumber" CommandName="Select" CausesValidation="True"></asp:ButtonField><asp:BoundField HeaderText="Description" DataField="Description"></asp:BoundField><asp:BoundField HeaderText="Repc. Product #" DataField="ReplacementProductNumber"></asp:BoundField><asp:BoundField HeaderText="Committed Amt" DataField="CommittedAmount"></asp:BoundField><asp:CheckBoxField HeaderText="Sub Assy" DataField="IsSubAssembly" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" Item...

excel = New Excel.Application: "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll"
Hi AllI am getting error at below line:  excel = New Excel.Application I included "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll" and also included the following line in Web.config. <identity impersonate="true" />.If I don't include this I will get Access denied problem. Everything is working fine on my local machine. But when moved all this along with "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll" to production server getting the following error.  COM object with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} is either not valid or not registered. Ho...

Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?
If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before proceeding. :-) Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about? Thanks! Bob Bob P wrote: > If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" > changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me > and probably others...

Export data to Excel, get the error "The process cannot access the file ... because it is being used by another process"
Hi, Well, I hope this is the right forum, I didn't find one related to generating excel files dynamically. I'm having the error I mentioned, it happens when I get an oledb connection to send data to an excel file. The problem arises when I generate large files and not with small files. So, I assume with this that the code is fine, because it works most of the times. I tried to isolate the problem, so now I'm just generating the file on the server and I'm not even sending it to the client. This is what I'm doing: Dim conn As New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;"...

Right-click on "Back" and "Forward" buttons
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C36058.CDABC200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Many times I've often needed to open a previous tab (in history) into a = new tab. I know I can do this by copying the current window and then go = back but It'd be nice if I could right click the "Back" button and = select "Open in new tab" or something of the sort. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C36058.CDABC200 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-...

Data Export to Excel file using "Response.ContentType = "application/csv"
Hi, I have developed code to export data to Excel using Response.ContentType = "application/csv". The output Data Excel file loaded with 65536 Rows only, this file is not loaded completely since the limitation of excel is 65536. My Recordcount is more than 700000. Please any one let me know how I can Export Data to Excel file over than 65536 Rows. Thanks. Email: thamaraiselvann@ayso.org Can you post a sample snippet of how you are creating and sending the user the excel file. I have to do a similar task soon and it will save me some research time ;) Thanks.C# / C...

i have an Ajax dialog.confirm() window in which when i click on "Yes" or "No" button i have to get the click sound
Below is the code which i am using in which there r 2 <input> controls as highlighted in "Bold" when i click on any of the those controls i need to hear a click sound like we hear for a Hyperlink. Any idea about this would be highly appreciated. var Dialog = {  dialogId: null,  onCompleteFunc: null,  callFunc: null,  parameters: null,     confirm: function(content, parameters) {    // Get Ajax return before    if (content && typeof content != "string") {      Dialo...

Exporting to Excel in Crystal Reports .NET
sir,   I want to export Crystal report to Excel and the following is the code i wrote in the button click.ReportDocument rptExcel = new ReportDocument() ;string strExportFile = "C:/Session_SessionID.xls" ;rptExcel = new RptJobOrderRecap();//report namerptExcel.ExportOptions.ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile ;rptExcel.ExportOptions.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.Excel;ExcelFormatOptions objExcelOptions = new ExcelFormatOptions();objExcelOptions.ExcelUseConstantColumnWidth = false ;rptExcel.ExportOptions.FormatOptions = objExcelOptions ;DiskFileDestinationOp...

Web resources about - button Export to Excel = Right Click "Export to Microsoft Excel" - asp.net.getting-started