best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1

hi,

i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis.
i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705.
Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site.
How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website.
A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Raja.
0
rajagopal83

Well,

at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side
http://www.asp.net/faq/SideBySide.aspx
Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke
10/9/2004 4:05:49 PM
thanks a lot buddy. this link was of real help.

Raja.
0
rajagopal83
10/9/2004 4:18:07 PM
While it doesn't have many threads, the Migrating from ASP.NET v1.0 to ASP.NET v1.1 forum also contains information about the problems, and solutions, developers had in transitioning.

It's another resource to keep in mind as you migrate to v1.1.

Alister
0
SomeNewKid

best method to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Hi, There is an article on this, right on this site. Check this Hope it hel...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

.NET 1.0 books and .NET 1.1 books. Does it matter ??
Hello, I want to buy a book that is good to learn asp.net. I have seen some good books on ASP.NET in the book store, but some of them are for .NET 1.0 and not the current 1.1. Does it make that big of a difference if the asp.net book is 1.0 and not 1.1 ???? Someone please help me as I have to do quite a bit of driving to go review and purchase a book. I need to leave in about an hour so if someone know the answer, please respond, asap. Sincerely, Amy Daynou Amy- The changes are small enough that you won't see much, if any difference. This doesn't apply as much if you're ...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

Web resources about - best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1 - asp.net.getting-started

Admission to practice law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An admission to practice law , also called admission to the bar in some jurisdictions, is acquired when a lawyer receives a license to practice ...

Drug dealer Simon Main mentioned in case of shooting at Double Bay cosmetic dentistry practice
An "international drug dealer of renown" has been mentioned in the case of a shooting at a Double Bay cosmetic dentistry practice. ...

What A F*cking Terrible Niche Practice
Pulling this beat has to be depressing as hell particularly right before the holidays.

NY Attorney General investigating T-Mobile for false advertising and ‘abusive’ practices
T-Mobile has turned the U.S. wireless industry on its head over the past few years, forcing larger rivals to respond to its every move. With ...

Review: Exploring the Practice of Antifragility
I wrote a review on Amazon for Exploring the Practice of Antifragility . I am republishing it here: First disclosure: As of the 5 th of December ...

Consumer Advocates Ask Regulators To Investigate T-Mobile Over Advertising, Debt Collection Practices ...
... not necessarily realize that they are responsible for the balance on the EIP if they cancel, but also T-Mobile’s debt collection practices are ...

Syed Rizwan Farook’s Dating Profile Shows He Liked Reading ‘Religious Books’ And Shooting Target Practice ...
Syed Rizwan Farook’s Dating Profile Shows He Liked Reading ‘Religious Books’ And Shooting Target Practice

Watch the Patriots practice in VR through Google Cardboard
You can't currently get a first-hand experience of an NFL game short of becoming a football star and strapping on a helmet, but Bank of America ...

An Exceptional Insight Into Commercial Bribery Practices At British American Tobacco
The BBC acquired hundreds of documents which purportedly show that British American Tobacco paid bribes to politicians, public officials and ...