Auto Complete in ASP

Hi

Is it still possible to create an Auto Complete on a text box without the need to use Java Script at all?

AndyMoireASP

http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/AutoComplete/AutoComplete.aspx

 http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-122.aspx

Plz remember to click "Mark as Answer" if this helped you.

Abdulla AbdelHaq    MCTS, MCPD
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"
0
Abdulla
5/4/2009 8:40:19 PM
Question was for "ASP" I guess and not ASP.NET
0
prabhupr
5/4/2009 10:41:11 PM

AndyMoireASP:
Is it still possible to create an Auto Complete on a text box without the need to use Java Script at all?

I don't think if its possible.. AutoComplete requires JavaScript event to execute the search..

Regards,Vinz

vinz

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

where can i get a complete tutorial that will get me seriously started on using the objectdatasource effectively
It looks like using the objectdatasource is the way to go. will some one point to a tutorial that will get me seriously started on using the objectdatasource effectively.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- http://www.asp.net/learn/dataaccess/default.aspx?tabid=63Orhttp://www.imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 First one uses typed datasets, second one uses custom business objects.  Both excellent tutorials. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

Getting started .net website

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started with JScript.NET

auto-Complete in Visual Studio .NET
I have been coding in ASP using Visual Interdev. Recently I have started using Visual Studio .NET. It seems that the auto-complete settings are not configured. For instance if I type Response. there are no options. Whereas in Interdev it would bring up <Write...etc.> How can I get the autocomplete working. In addition, my documnents aren't nicely formatted with colors like in Interdev. That is...comments in green...if, then, else statements, etc. Visual Studio .NET will only provide IntelliSense in the context of a project. So, if you open up a single .aspx file it won...

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Auto complete or auto fill
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3245600098_1413856 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Greetings, Am I missing something or is the auto complete for forms missing in FF2? I can find a plug in for and earlier version of FF but nothing for the new one. This seems pretty basic. Steve --B_3245600098_1413856 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTM...

Auto Complete Drop Down List in Ajax.net
Hi     I am unable to use the Auto Complete Drop down list control in Ajax.Net/ Can any one mail me the code to incorporate the same in ASP.Net 2.0. Thanks in Advance Sharanth   There is no AutoCompleteDropDown Ajax control in Ajax controltoolkit in Ajax RC 1.0 and Futures Dec CTP.Besides, asp:AutoCompleteExtender can not extend asp:DropDownList in Ajax Futures Dec CTP.Wish there would be a asp:AutoCompleteDropDown control in Ajax ControlToolKit next release.Can you use asp:CascadingDropDown to replace it? Here are some sample codes about how to use asp:CascadingDr...

Auto-complete url has mixed up two websites. One address goes to wrong site when auto-completed.
Name: Michelle Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Auto-complete url has mixed up two websites. One address goes to wrong site when auto-completed. Comments: Both of these sites are being served by us, and were created by our company. When typing istacparents.org in my address bar, the first entry for auto-complete says "ISTAC Parents" but the url shows up as danvillehomeshow.com instead, and that is where it goes if you click on it. All other urls on the list go to the proper site, but the wrong one is first on the list Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Maci...

Complete newbie
Hi, I am completely new to this. I have some experience with javascript, html and css. I need to write a website for my parents small business, so please be patient and help me! 1. What languages are supported in ASP .NET 2.0? Where can I find a complete list? Which one is reccomended? 2. I will need to access a database. Is SQL the only option? 3. The way I understand it, the code and data will be hosted on multiple servers. What happens if User A accesses the site through Server 1 and writes to a file. Then User B accesses the site but he hits server 2 and now he needs to rea...

Web resources about - Auto Complete in ASP - asp.net.getting-started

Complete game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the early 20th century, it was common for most good Major League Baseball (MLB) pitchers to pitch a complete game almost every start. Pitchers ...

Launch A Complete Facebook Marketing Campaign
The early bird deadline for Mediabistro's Facebook Marketing Boot Camp is Wednesday, March 28.

W-League: Melbourne City complete perfect dozen with late winner
Perfection is hard to obtain, and so it proved for Melbourne City on Saturday at Fawkner.

Australia complete record chase as another DRS drama engulfs one-dayer
Australia chased down 308 to go two-up in the series but much of the talk will be around another DRS controversy, this one assisting the Indians. ...

J.J. Abrams responds to complaints that ‘The Force Awakens’ was a ‘complete rip-off’
No matter what you think about Star Wars: The Force Awakens , there's no denying that the film, penned and directed by J.J Abrams, is a rousing ...

LIVE: Here's the complete list of 2016 Oscar nominees
Nominations for the 2016 Academy Awards were announced Thursday morning. See the list of nominees below, which will be added as the nominees ...

The Controlled Deflation of the Bubble is Almost Complete
... In the early-stage space, I’ve seen the uncapped notes and “12-15m cap” notes for YCombinator companies with 10 weeks of growth go away completely ...

Iran and U.S. complete prisoner exchange, nuclear deal implemented - Videos - CBS News
Four Americans, including Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian, were released in a landmark prisoner swap with Iran Saturday. A fifth American ...

Incase Jackets Are Designed for Carrying Phones, Complete With Cable Management
Since being acquired by Incipio last year , we’ve been excited to see what Incase has in store now that they’ve got a little more cash backing ...

Vattenfall Moves To Complete Hybrid Wind-Solar Project
... to begin generating power as early as March. The construction of the 4.99 MW Parc Cynog Solar Farm will [&hellip Vattenfall Moves To Complete ...