ASP.NET and .NET

Sorry if this is basic, but thats where i'm at. What is the difference between .NET and ASP.NET? Is ASP.NET an offshoot from .NET? I'm looking to do a training course and just need some facts here. I'm a newbie web developer.

Thanks
Dan
0
itsdannyuk

At its simplest level .NET to a developer usually refers to the .NET Framework, which is a set of classes that you can extend to create your software applications. ASP.NET is a way of building a web based user interface for your application using the .NET Framework.

Dan.
0
danhedges
2/10/2004 2:10:33 PM
Cheers Dan, some home work required for me i think.

Thanks
Dan
0
itsdannyuk

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Net Farmers net

net send in .net

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

.Net Application generators
There are a few .Net complete n-tier application generators that generate directly from your database. Some even have their own database building tools. They are great and easy to follow and their applications generate real VB.Net and C# code, easy to learn. These are great starts for .Net stuff except for one thing, PRICE. Iron Speed is about $1500 and for the same exact product features ASPNetNow sells for only $279 for their Web Matrix version or $530 for VS version. Another company Avalanche sells for $995. Amazing price ranges. The first two match feature for feature except the first yo...

Cross-Platform .NET Development: Using Mono, Portable.NET, and Microsoft .NET
Interesting book I came across: Cross-Platform .NET Development $49.99 doesn't hurt too much either :) NOTE: Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. It's being released on September 30th, 2004 - one to keep an eye on...www.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshotgamer.com - Gaming News and Reviews How about this book from Oreilly? Mono: A Developer's Notebook http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/monoadn/...

Web resources about - ASP.NET and .NET - asp.net.getting-started

ASP - Wikipedia
ASP may refer to: Electronics Analog signal processing, processing electronic signals that represent continuous variables by use of analog circuitry ...

ASP World Tour (@ASP) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here ASP World Tour @ ASP Planet ...

Easy Background Tasks in ASP.NET
As I work on the badge implementation for Stack Overflow, I needed a way to call the code that detects and awards the badges out of band. Traditionally ...

ASP.NET MVC Part 2 by .NET Girl - YouTube
This video continues our series about MVC (Model View Controller) which is the latest popular web programming technology for .NET developers. ...

高性价大变焦头 腾龙18-200mm亚马逊促销_腾龙 AF18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR DiII LD Asp[IF] MACRO(A14)索尼卡口_数码影像报价-中关村在线
腾龙AF18-200mmf/3.5-6.3XRDiIILDAsp[IF]MACRO(A14)索尼卡口是大变焦比镜头开发的先锋企业-日本腾龙公司针对索尼数码微单相机系列E卡口而开发研制的新产品。为配合E卡口相机所搭载的对比度检测AF方式,镜头AF驱。

Legacy iPhones Biting Apple in the ASP
... the option of purchasing past-generation and lower-capacity devices, Apple is gradually compressing the iPhone’s average selling price (ASP). ...

UBS forecasts iPhone ASP at $660, pushing Apple's June margins to 40.9%
Investment firm UBS revealed on Thursday that it has high expectations for Apple's gross margins in the just-concluded June quarter, predicting ...

Microsoft takes ASP.NET MVC into the open with community patches and bug-fixes
Scott Guthrie, Vice President in Microsoft's Developer Division, has announced that ASP.NET MVC and related Microsoft projects will now be developed ...

iPhone 4 ASP is $600
As a footnote to the unlocked iPhone 4 story, it's worth noting that the average Apple store pricing for UK and France is around $824 (assuming ...

Intel: Bernstein Says Sell, ASPs Set to Decline
Bernstein Research’s Stacy Rasgon this afternoon cut his rating on shares of Intel (INTC) to Underperform from Market Perform, and cut his price ...