ASP.NET 2.0 AND .NET 2.0

I have a web app that I built using VS.net 2003 and ASP.net 1.1 I would like to start developing my app with ASP.net 2.0. What do I need to do to convert it and will VS.net 2003 support ASP.net 2.0 and .Net 2.0?

Thank you for any information on this,

Thank you

Jackxxx
0
Jackxxx

Hello.

I think that you want have many problems converting from 1.1 to 2.0. Take a look here:http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/whidbey/beta2update.aspx

I think that besides changing the aspx directive, everythin should work ok (tough i still haven't migrated any web site to version 2 of the platform).

Regarding VS 2003, I think that it will only compile against 1.1 though I really hope I'm wrong :)

--
Regards,
Luis Abreu

ASP.Net 2.0 is 100% (or at least 99.9x%( backward compatible with ASP.Net 1.x. So you don't need to convert your app to 2.0, what you can do is to change the app to use the new features shipped with ASP.Net 2.0. If you open your old project with VS 2005, a wizard will guide you to convert the project, so it can be open with VS 2005.

VS.Net 2003 will not support ASP.Net 2.0

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik
4/7/2005 5:46:58 AM

Is it possible to get a copy of VS 2005 now (beta)?

Thanks again,

Thank you

Jackxxx
0
Jackxxx
4/7/2005 12:53:51 PM
Yes, go to: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005
/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik

Web resources about - ASP.NET 2.0 AND .NET 2.0 - asp.net.getting-started

ASP - Wikipedia
ASP may refer to: Electronics Analog signal processing, processing electronic signals that represent continuous variables by use of analog circuitry ...

ASP World Tour (@ASP) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here ASP World Tour @ ASP Planet ...

Easy Background Tasks in ASP.NET
As I work on the badge implementation for Stack Overflow, I needed a way to call the code that detects and awards the badges out of band. Traditionally ...

ASP.NET MVC Part 2 by .NET Girl - YouTube
This video continues our series about MVC (Model View Controller) which is the latest popular web programming technology for .NET developers. ...

高性价大变焦头 腾龙18-200mm亚马逊促销_腾龙 AF18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR DiII LD Asp[IF] MACRO(A14)索尼卡口_数码影像报价-中关村在线
腾龙AF18-200mmf/3.5-6.3XRDiIILDAsp[IF]MACRO(A14)索尼卡口是大变焦比镜头开发的先锋企业-日本腾龙公司针对索尼数码微单相机系列E卡口而开发研制的新产品。为配合E卡口相机所搭载的对比度检测AF方式,镜头AF驱。

Legacy iPhones Biting Apple in the ASP
... the option of purchasing past-generation and lower-capacity devices, Apple is gradually compressing the iPhone’s average selling price (ASP). ...

Apple's capacious iPhone 6 models to drive higher sustained ASPs, analyst says
Based on unlocked iPhone price checks, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster believes Apple's latest handsets will see higher sustained ASPs thanks ...

Microsoft takes ASP.NET MVC into the open with community patches and bug-fixes
Scott Guthrie, Vice President in Microsoft's Developer Division, has announced that ASP.NET MVC and related Microsoft projects will now be developed ...

iPhone 4 ASP is $600
As a footnote to the unlocked iPhone 4 story, it's worth noting that the average Apple store pricing for UK and France is around $824 (assuming ...

STX FYQ1, Q2 View Disappoint: ASPs at Risk, Says JP Morgan
Analysts are starting to crank out their responses to disk drive maker Seagate Technology‘s (STX) fiscal Q1 report this morning, which missed ...