Arrays, Arrays, Arrays

I mainly come from a JScript classic ASP background and I'm liking both C#.net and JScript.net. Now I have to say... "What's happened to arrays?" They used to be so flexible and easy to use.

Here are my quick questions...
Am I allowed to create an array with a non specified length so that I can add to it? If not then how can I modify an array's length?
Can I create an array with a named index eg myArray["apple"] = "tasty"; or is the hash table the equivalent for this now?
The classic array methods and properties like pop(), push(), length etc... are these no longer? Does one have to create their own custom class for these?
To be honest, I really don't come from a coding background, self-taught you might say. All I really need is a good reference source then I'd be happy as larry. Are there and good referece sites out there for C# (or JScript.net)?
At the moment I think I am cheating coz I'm using Classic Jscript ASP (I think) in my .net files unless there is nothing wrong with this? I do like the String and Array methods like split(), join(), indexof() etc... Surely these or their equivalent must exist for C#?
Again, many thanks in advance.
0
SamUK

Checkout ArrayList. It has a lot more features when compared to Arrays.
--
Shravan Addaypally MCP

0
shravan79
6/29/2004 12:08:41 AM
Hi

Am I allowed to create an array with a non specified length so that I can add to it? If not then how can I modify an array's length??
Well as someone said you can use the ArrayList. Its link a link list you can add many things and the list goes on.

The classic array methods and properties like pop(), push(), length etc... are these no longer? Does one have to create their own custom class for these?
Push , Pop well I have not seen it I guess you have to code it on your own.
A good reference is at msn.microsoft.com website just search for C# Reference or C# Documentation.

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp

How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays?
How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays? > -----Original Message----- > From: Angerstein [mailto:ang@nmc-m.dtag.de] > Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 6:12 AM > To: beginners@perl.org > Subject: How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays? > > > How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays? $ perl -d -e 1 ..... DB<1> @aoa = ([qw(foo bar baz)]) << create array of arrays DB<2> x @aoa 0 ARRAY(0x80f82dc) 0 'foo' 1 'bar' 2 'baz' DB<3> unshift @{$aoa[0]}, 'qu...

referring to an array in an array of arrays
How can I get at an array in an array of arrays? I'm creating the arrays using: $fComments[$i++] = [ @comments ]; Now I want to get back what I put in: print "$fComments[0]\n"; but this prints ARRAY(0x107671f0). How do I follow that pointer? (I really think we need a pre-beginners list... =) TIA. - B You can try something like this: print "@{$fComments[0]}\n"; Which will attempt to dereference the array at $fComments[0]. -----Original Message----- From: Bryan R Harris [mailto:Bryan_R_Harris@raytheon.com] Sent: Tue...

Concatenating arrays from arrays of arrays
Hello - I am trying to accumulate items in a flat list (array) by concatenating on to it the scalars contained in arrays which in turn are contained in arrays. The data is to be read in from a file rather than existing as literals in my code. Everything I try either crashes the computer or gives me an array of arrays instead of a flat list. I have been programming in Unicon which has a concatenate operator, but Perl makes very heavy weather of nested list management. Should I switch to Lisp, or is there a way of doing what I want to do in Perl? Regards _John Sampson_ On...

Array of arrays
Hi I'm trying to return from a web service a array of arrays, one of the arrays is a array of objects, which I tested separately and it's working fine, and another array of integer and another of strings. When I run the web service I got this:You must implement a default accessor on System.Array because it inherits from ICollectionDefault accessor what that means? Thank you very much.  As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe. Could you pls post the relevant code ? hi rushan thank you for the reply the code is here:  ...

array of arrays
Hi. =20 Im using a multidimensional array in the following way: $array[$i][$j][$k] =3D [ @list ]; where, @list is a 2-D array ie. = $list[][]. How do I access the individual elements of the array @list once Ive put it = into the array @array? Thanks. -ty On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:28:41PM -0600, Tyler Cruickshank wrote: > $array[$i][$j][$k] = [ @list ]; where, @list is a 2-D array ie. $list[][]. > > How do I access the individual elements of the array @list once Ive put it > into the array @array? $array[$i][$j][$k][$l][$m] eq $list[$l][$m] Howev...

Array of Arrays
Hi, I am looking for a way to create an array of arrays which needs to be passed to Oracle database to minimize the round trips to hte server. I was successful in sending simple arrays so far but no idea on how to create array of arrays in PB. I have used structures to simulate this but looks like I can't send the PB structure to Oracle. Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks, Anil PB 11 or 12 I believe will have this native. <Anil> wrote in message news:422789a4.721c.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > I am looking for a way to create an array of ar...

array of arrays
Hi, I have a simple question: how do I access an array in an array? @array = (@array1, array2); ### unless this is wrong... the idea behind it is, that I have a long list, and want to put all 25 entries in a seperate array in that big array. later on I want to be able to read one specific array at a certain position... -- cheers alex mailto:Keex@gmx.de you need to learn about references. read the: perldoc perllol here is the jist though. @all = (\@array1, \@array2 ... ); # ... so on to access first array and first element...

An array of arrays
Could anybody help me out here? Here's the message I just got from a guy I know: ----------- I was wondering if you know how to create and access an array of arrays in Perl. Basically I'm parsing an exported text file containing e-mails and I think I want to move some fields into arrays until I'm ready to do my report. Here basically is what I'm looking at doing: ^ | | Array 1 (messages) | | v <------ Array 2 -------> (message fields:FROM, TO, CC, etc, sensitivity, etc) I want to be able to search through the first array to count how many messag...

Array of Array.
How is possible to declare a DYNAMIC array of array ? I need something like a dynamic hash table whose pages grow up dynamically too (each one can have different number of elements). In other words, a matrix that can be dynamic in both dimension. example: [1,2,3...] [3,4..] [5] [6,7,8,9...] [.] .. .. .. Have you considered using a DataStore? -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Marco Meoni - News" <mmeoni@usl4.toscana.it> wrote in message news:401ba036$1@forums-2-dub... > How ...

Array of Arrays
Hi, I am looking for a way to create an array of arrays which needs to be passed to Oracle database to minimize the round trips to hte server. I was successful in sending simple arrays so far but no idea on how to create array of arrays in PB. I have used structures to simulate this but looks like I can't send the structure to Oracle. Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks, Anil Please don't cross-post. On 3 Mar 2005 14:02:47 -0800, Anil wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for a way to create an array of arrays which >needs to be passed to Oracle database t...

[@array] and \@array
Given the case, my @array = (1,2,3,4); my $var1 = [@array]; my $var2 = \@array; What's the difference between $var1 and $var2? Are they all refered to @array? Thanks guys. On 3/22/07, Jm lists <practicalperl@gmail.com> wrote: > Given the case, > > my @array = (1,2,3,4); > my $var1 = [@array]; > my $var2 = \@array; > > What's the difference between $var1 and $var2? > Are they all refered to @array? > Thanks guys. $var2 is a reference to @array. $var1 is a reference to new array. Observe #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use war...

extracting elements from arrays of arrays of arrays ;-)
Hiya All, I hope you'll forgive this oo perl rookie for asking a routine question. I'm not new to perl, but the bioperl module I'm working on is giving me a headache! ;-) Let's say I have this: my @array = qw(12 56 41 23); my $array_ref = \@array; # where $var1, $var2, and $var3 are other array references. my $ref = [$var1, $var2, $array_ref, $var3 ]; my @object = (); push @object, $ref; QUESTION: How do I obtain the array $array_ref refers to in this situtation? Let's say I want to give @new the values in @array. Thank many thanks for you...

Confusion on @array vs $array[] vs $array
--=_FCA3CF00.8EEF86D1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hello: I have been fairly confused on the intermixing of array naming standards. If I understand correctly, the @array syntaxt is used to refer to the whole array, while $array[n] is refered to specific elements. In my thinking, it would have been less confusing to use @array[n] to address specific elements, but Perl complaines bitterly when warnings &/or strict is enabled. Is the rational for the "$"array[] character for identifying ...

shift on an array of arrays
------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C160B3.AC699E60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, I have an array of arrays @data that I would like to take the reference = of the 5th element of the first 3 elements and put them into another = array and then shorten @data by 3. I hope that this makes sense, I am = new to this and don't really know a better way too explain it. Here is = what I have so far. =20 my $t=3D0; my$value=3D4; my @n; my @tmp; =20 #start a loop for every row ...

Web resources about - Arrays, Arrays, Arrays - asp.net.getting-started

Array - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Search with Relcy for an array of relevant, reliable results
... on the bandwagon? or Enjoy Apple TV 4 screensavers on Mac OS X with Aerial . Relcy - The Fastest Way to Find Search with Relcy for an array ...

GM to build solar array at transmission plant
Filed under: Green , Plants/Manufacturing , GM , Technology , Solar GM is partnering to build its largest solar array in Michigan near the Warren ...

HPE 3PAR Celebrates Five Years, Refreshes Arrays, Software
Since HP wrestled 3PAR from Dell in a multibillion-dollar bidding war, the division has performed well for the corporation.

Sheldon Silver, Longtime Titan of New York Politics, Guilty On Array of Corruption Charges
Sheldon Silver, who has been speaker of the New York State Assembly for 20 years, was found guilty today in federal court of seven corruption ...

Man Makes Keyboard Array Containg Every Emoji
Seen here looking like he hopped straight out of an infomercial, Tom Scott shows off the 12 keyboard array he put together to have a button for ...

Alien megastructures? SETI Institute’s Allen Telescope Array targets weirdly winking star
One of the premier telescope arrays in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, or SETI, is focusing its antennas on an anomalously blinking ...

El Cheapo Phased-Array Sonar
... — the range to the closest object that the speaker is pointing at. It doesn’t have to be that way. [Graham Chow] built a simple phased-array ...

‘Inferno’, A Filmmaker Uses a 48-Camera Array to Capture Breathtaking ‘Bullet Time’ Displays of Fire ...
In “ Inferno ” director of photography Mitch Martinez used a 48-DSLR camera array to record some breathtaking displays of fire breathing from ...

Tech awards honor an array of laureates
... Valley during 2015 are honored Thursday night at a gala inside The Tech Museum of Innovation in downtown San Jose that spotlighted an array ...