application profile error in visual studio 2005 please help ( not a member of profile error).

hi,

i m total novice to asp.net i m using profile object in a page therefore i have gone through some of the video tutorials on ASP.net sites

i have watched video hilo_profile-themes_final devoloped for visual web devoloper

but problem is i m using visual studio 2005 according to the video i have created the default page with following code

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication1._Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

<head runat="server">

<form id="form1" runat="server">

Welcome<asp:Label ID="lblName" runat="server"></asp:Label>

</form> </body>

with configuration file

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

<appSettings/>

<connectionStrings/>

<system.web>

<anonymousIdentification enabled="true"/>

<profile>

<properties>

<add name="FullName" defaultValue ="Anonymous" allowAnonymous="true"/>

</properties>

</profile> </system.web>

</configuration>

---------------------------------script code

Partial Public Class _Default

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

If Not Page.IsPostBack = False Then

lblName.Text = Profile.FullName /////error fullname is not a member of profile

End If

End Sub

End Class

What to do ? please help

0
mkanade007

 Make sure to add the <profile> configuration section group by adding an attribute as follows: enabled="true".

Once this is done, build the web site/application then you must be able to access the Profile properties!

Regards

Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

Getting Errors on visual studio .NET 2005 still it is working.
Im getting this errors but when u try to run it its ok. here the html source code.1 <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="MasterAdmin.master" AutoEventWireup="false"2 CodeFile="orders.aspx.vb" Inherits="orders" %>3 4 <asp:Content ID="corder" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="Main">5   6 <asp:GridView ID="GVorders" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False"7 BackColor="White" B...

I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help, why do I always get the error "Please input another password"?
 Now I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help Title:   Walkthrough: Creating a Web Site with Membership and User Login (Visual Studio)URL:     ms-help://MS.VSExpressCC.v80/MS.NETFramework.v20.chs/dv_VWDcon/html/296c0be6-9ad5-4104-9a1b-a853986fa1a3.htm The following is from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express helpI have do 1-6 step, it is OK, but when I create user (7th step), I always get the error "Please input another password"? I'm sure that I have type a normal and correct password, why cause error? thank! To create a member...

Visual Studio 2005 Profiler "Launch Error: The web.config file xxx\web.config has been changed and backup information was lost."
Hi,  I am experiencing this error when trying to start a Visual Studio 2005 profiling session (Instrumentation) for my ASP.NET 2.0 web application.  I could not find any information regarding this issue and have no idea what might cause the problem, as the Visual Studio 2005 profiler already worked with that very same application, a couple of weeks ago. Anyone? Thanks in advance! Hello, Can you tell me if you found a solution for the issue because I'm experimenting the same issue ? Thanks !...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

Hide Errors from Visual Studio 2005 Error List
Hi,In Visual Studio, I have various items in my error list such as:  Error    20    File 'images/myIcon16.gif' was not found.     Actually, that path is correct - the error doesnt stop my project from building, but it is annoying me, and I want to hide these kind of errors from the list. How can I choose what to show/hide in the errors list?  TaChris.  iffypop:Hi,In Visual Studio, I have various items in my error list such as:  Error    20    File 'images/myIcon16.gif' was not found.     Actually, t...

Getting error with visual studio .net
I installed the visual studio .net 2003 on my computer, and when I do a VB .NET aplication it works perfect. But when I try to create a ASP .NET project I get an error MSG saying "Visual Studio .net has detected that the server is not running ASP .NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP .NET web applications or services." And I have ASP .NET Version 1.1 on my computer   u need to run aspnet_regiis command http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfASPNETIISRegistrationToolAspnet_regiisexe.asp Do you have the asp.net 1.1 framework o...

Error getting started please help!
  Server Error in '/Classifieds' Application. An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallCommon.sql'. The SQL error number is -2 and the SqlException message is: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. SQLExpress database file auto-creation error: The connection string specifies a loc...

"Unable to start debugging" error starting a web site in Visual Studio 2005
I have been using .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. Today I tried to create and run a web site in VIsual Studio 2008. It would not run and gave me the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall." After changing a few things on that new web site in IIS 6.0 without success, I went back to my old VS 2005 web sites that were running fine. Now, they all give me that error when I try to run them. It seems that .NET 2.0 was corru...

script errors when I start visual studio.net
When i start vs.net, i get the following error classfactory cannot supply requested class if i open the debugger, it stops in vshome.js at this line var g_wshShell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell"); any help appreciatedFWeiner I just answered my own questions. I installed Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP from the MS site and it did the trick. Hope I helped someone else. FWeiner...

error error error

errors errors errors..

Web resources about - application profile error in visual studio 2005 please help ( not a member of profile error). - asp.net.getting-started

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...