Application inside of another application

I am somewhat new to asp.net and Windows development. This is probably an easy one but is there any problem with setting a directory as an application (through IIS) when it is within another directory that is an application?  I have been having some permission issues and access denied errors when writing to files and I was wondering if this could be related.

0
zobot

An application inside another as such is not a problem, but what exactly are you trying to achieve by doing this?  I am not sure if you are taking the right approach to solving your problem, a bit more detailed description of your original problem might help.

Thanks and Regards

S.K.Vignesh
----------------------
Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve the issue
0
skvignesh
12/9/2008 4:56:42 PM

 The reason I have asked this is I am trying to use BlogEngine.NET, an asp.net blogging application. I am trying to use it in a sub-directory although it is really designed to be used on the top level/home page of a website. It needs to be set as an application, thus the application inside of an application. I am running into some permission problems and I was trying to rule out the application inside of an application as a culprit.

0
zobot

another Application starting
Please have a look at the following log my application has made: 9:33:38Application Starting (Application_Start) 9:33:38Application variable 'server' is really null 9:33:39Session Starting (Session_Start) 9:37:12Application Starting (Application_Start) 9:37:12Application variable 'server' is really null 9:37:12Session Starting (Session_Start) So the question is how is it ever possible that another instance of my web application is starting after 5 min when I have session timeout set to 30 min? I have problem with that because in each case the application creates ne...

Application inside an Application...how?
Ok I have a public website and a local Intranet, each on its own web server. Each has its own IP, ect. What Im trying to do is create a virtual directory on the public website that would link to the Intranet. Now I can map it ok, I create a new virtual directory and make it an application, but theres a conflict because each applications has its own web.config and global.asax file. So when I go to the virtual directory in the browser, the application cannot load the global.asax. Has anyone figured out how to have completely independent applications (its own global.asax, its own web.con...

Application to Application
Hi,  Curious on what different solutions there are for one application that is closing down to contact another application. I have the closing down applicaton sending something to the database and for the other application to monitor the database records, but I think that is a horrible solution. Another idea would be when the closing down application sends a message to the database for the database to then respond by sending a message to the other application, but that means the database would have to know where the other application is.  If possible, the security issue mak...

Starting the server application and stopping the server application from the client application
Hi , How do I do it ? I want to start the server application from my client app. After all my jobs are over , when I disconnect from the server, I want to close the server application. Both the client and server applications will be running on the desktop under NT or win95 environment. If the client app is abc.exe and the server app is pqr.exe when the user starts the client app from his desktop, the client should start pqr.exe . Now after finishing all the process when the user closes the client, I want to disconnect from server and close the server pqr then close abc...

Getting started with .net mobile/wireless application programming
Hi friends, I am very much amateur to the world of mobile/wireless application programming that's why m is having thousands of doubts and confusion regarding the technology. My first few concerns about the terms i.e. mobile web applications vs. windows mobile applications first thing are these 2 things are same if not what are the main differences. I hope you will also show me some light how to move further ahead in this field as i m having small exp approx. 1.5 yrs in Asp.net application. Any help in the form of links, URL, code will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced...

Stop and Start a Web Application using Application Pool contains may Web Applications
Hi, In my IIS 6.0, there is a Application Pool. This Application Pool contains 5 Asp.net Web Application. But I need to stop and restart one particular Web Application. How to do that? What is the process to start and stop a Asp.net Web Application. when the Web Application uses a Application Pool and the Particular Application Pool contains other Web Application as well.?     if you want like that then create separate application pool for each web application. Then you can start and stop one particular web application. Other easy way is just modify the web.config file of you...

Accessing the application cache of another application
Hi all;Do you know if it is possible to do the above?  The applications both live on the same server, so I am hoping it is... Basically I have been put on a set of projects that need some heavy looking into because of bad performance issues.  The frontend has basically no caching enabled... so I would like to add data caching, however, I need to clear the data cache stores from the cms app.A shared cache server between the apps is out of the question.  :-(Any tips, tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks  Only idea I currently have is to run a web ser...

Run PB application from any another application
is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder application from any other application ? any input is greatly appreciated. If the other application has the ability to start applications. To pass a value, you can add command line arguments to your run script, look at commandparm() function in PB for getting those values. You can also use the windows SendMessage API call to trigger events on windows/application. <Julie> wrote in message news:4048e90b.6e7e.846930886@sybase.com... > is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder > applicatio...

Authentication for application underneath another application
I have an application underneath a virtual directory with it's own web.config.  I wanted to install a blogging application (SubText) into a subfolder called /blog underneath the aforementioned virtual directory.  The SubText application has it's own web.config and forms authentication setting, so I made that directory (blog) an IIS application.  Everything works fine, but when I go to login it just returns me back to the login page as if the authentication ticket was not set, but I'm sure it's being set since there's no error text that appears as it would i...

.Net Application generators
There are a few .Net complete n-tier application generators that generate directly from your database. Some even have their own database building tools. They are great and easy to follow and their applications generate real VB.Net and C# code, easy to learn. These are great starts for .Net stuff except for one thing, PRICE. Iron Speed is about $1500 and for the same exact product features ASPNetNow sells for only $279 for their Web Matrix version or $530 for VS version. Another company Avalanche sells for $995. Amazing price ranges. The first two match feature for feature except the first yo...

Web resources about - Application inside of another application - asp.net.getting-started

Second visa application 'likely' to be approved
The family of a terminally ill Pakistani student can 'hopefully come to Australia sooner rather than later' says Immigration Minister Peter Dutton. ...

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released
CNN Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released CNN (CNN) The visa application of one of the San Bernardino shooters was released ...