After configuring the SMTP server for sending mails ,How to authenticate against the mail server?

 Hi,

After configuring the SMTP server ,How to authenticate against the mail server for sending mails?

Swati

0
Swati

http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspx
http://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspx

Also, in .NET 2.0 you can store the SMTP credentials and server info in web.config.

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes

database mail
 hello,i want to configure database mail on sql server 2005 for sending email alerts(i think everything is ok on the sql server config)the problem is about the smtp virtual server on the iis can someone tell me how should i config this onethanks  ...

Send mail from a server which is only configured as SMTP server
Hi! Is it possible to send mail from a server which is only configured as SMTP server? Use case: I have two mail accounts A and B. All mails from B are forwarded to A, and A is set up in Thunderbird as a mail account. Now I want to write mails from account B without setting it up as a mail account, but only setting it up as a SMTP server because I already have all the mails from B in account A. Thanks, Dennis > Hi! > > Is it possible to send mail from a server which is only configured as > SMTP server? > > Use case: > > I have two ma...

Why do Sending SMTP Authenticated E-mail succeed using SmtpMail.Send() function but fail using SmtpClient.send() function ? Bugs in System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail?
I click btnOK button, the email can send OK, but click btnFail button,  the following error is displayed! why ? you can test the section code. The SMTP, username, password are valid!  Many thanks! "Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: authentication failed,decode user password error" I have tested some other SMTP, somes is OK. I think there are some bugs with System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail with some SMTP!   //------------------------------------------.ASPX Code----------------------------------------...

The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address
I am not sure why now I am getting this error all of a sudden.  Our ISP had changed some of their mail server around, and I think this should still work but it's not:    Public Function SendMail(ByVal userid As String) As Boolean        Dim obUser As New BusinessLayer.BUser        obUser.GetUser(SqlTypes.SqlGuid.Parse(userid))        Dim obMail As New Web.Mail.MailMessage        obMail.To = obUser.Email        obMail.From = "postmaster@sss.net "     ...

Not able to send mail to Hotmail Account. Mail getting queued up in the mail server.
Hi, I have created a mobile web page in VS2005, which has the functionality of sending emails. With the code I have written, I am able to send mails to all the other accounts except Hotmail account. The email is getting queued up. This I was able to find out  from the Inetput\mailroot\queue folder. I am not able to find out why this is happening and what should be done to solve this. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks ASMJ      Check the SMTP logs to see what's happening.  Also post at www.iis.net, the forums there cover SMTP and i...

Send Mail from my Mail Server
Hi,         I tested the sample code which is used to send mail from asp.net page like SmtpMail.Send(....). Actually it works well. But here the mail was not stored in the send items of my email ID (From ID) when i sent a mail. I think you got my question. My question is every time i send a mail the mail will also be stored in the sent items. And also I want to send mails from my Mail Server. Please send your suggestions or links.Thanx,M. GANESAN  The mail isn't being sent from your email software, so it won't be stored in your Sent Items folde...

an error occurred while sending mail. the mail server: authentication required
I'm getting the above error when I try to send emails. I've tried some of the suggestions in help files but nothing has worked. Can someone tell me what is wrong and how I can put it right. Thanks Mo M Joomun wrote: > I'm getting the above error when I try to send emails. I've tried some > of the suggestions in help files but nothing has worked. Can someone > tell me what is wrong and how I can put it right. > > Thanks > > Mo It may be just that you haven't ticked smtp authentication - and set up a username and password for t...

How to configure smtp server for sending mails in vs2005?
How to configure smtp server  for sending mails in vs2005? Check out this web site:http://www.systemnetmail.com/ Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thanks for the link.// TODO: learn by doing! .NET Wannabe!My ASP.NET host is:...

mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server
After upgrading to thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (20071114) when connecting to my IMAP-Server I receive: mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server However things work fine with other mail-clients (evolution) - so imap- server should be ok .. I'm running: - Linux rotenturm2 2.6.22.5-31-default #1 SMP 2007/09/21 22:29:00 UTC x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux - OpenSuSe 10.3 - MozillaThunderbird-2.0.0.9-8.2 on the client and - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586) - cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-83.22 on the server - so nothing unusual so far ..? Anyone who has an idea? thx /Andi ...

Sending mail using SMTP Server in vb.net
Hi I have written small code for sending mail using smtp sevrer in vbnet.but i am getting some exception An exception of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpException' occurred in System.dll but was not handled in user code Additional information: Transaction failed. The server response was: 5.7.1 <bhavani_glowtouch@yahoo.com>: Relay access denied Here is my codeDim mail_body As New StringBuilder Dim body As String = "Welcome to Non-Voice Service Channel Management" 'create html email bodymail_body.Append("<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC ""-//W3C//DTD HTML 4....

Bad sequence of commands. The server response was: This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings.
try { MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); message.From = new MailAddress("amrit@eastlandindia.com"); message.To.Add("eramrit_datasoft@yahoo.co.in"); message.Subject = "Check Mail"; message.Body = "Your loan status"; SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient("eastlandindia.com"); smtpClient.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("eastlandindia.com", "xxxxxx"); smtpClient.Send(message); } catch (Exception ex) { Response.Write(ex.Message); }   This is my code When  i Sending mail the it give the message: Bad sequence of commands. The server response was: This mai...

This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address
This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.Regards,Irfan UllahMark as Answer to those post that helps you!  the best resource for email with asp.net (IMHO)http://www.systemnetmail.com/ Hope That HelpsAll that wander, are not lost...What were we talkin bout You will need to authenticate to send an email.  Here's how:http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspx Darrell Norton, MVPDarrel...

Problem with sending mail using smtp server in c#.net
Hello Frnds, I have written small code for sending mail using smtp server.but i am getting exception An exception of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpException' occurred in System.dll but was not handled in user code Additional information: Transaction failed. The server response was: 5.7.1 <bhavani_glowtouch@yahoo.com>: Relay access denied   Here is my code plese tell me where is the problemMailMessage mail = new MailMessage(); mail.To.Add("bhavani_glowtouch@yahoo.com");MailAddress mailFrom = new MailAddress("bhavani.b@intense.in"); mail.From = ...

503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address.
--____GQHZGBLPUNRCEGLLADQA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We are running GW 6.5.2. =20 I have a user that is trying to send an email to several individuals at = one of our customers. All are delivered except one. The error she = receives for this one individual is: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a = non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or = contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined = for this server. I have tr...

Web resources about - After configuring the SMTP server for sending mails ,How to authenticate against the mail server? - asp.net.getting-started

HID Global and Botosoft Launch Mobile Student ID System in West Africa to Authenticate Over 2 Million ...
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

New IBM tech lets apps authenticate you without personal data
Back in January IBM announced Identity Mixer, a new technology for protecting users' personal data during authentication. On Friday, it announced ...

Cable providers still leery of Apple TV, some refuse to authenticate 'HBO Go' app
In an interview on Thursday, HBO's CTO Otto Berkes outlined the troubles in bringing a totally in-house app to the Apple TV, but the bigger challenge ...

Eureka! Sports site authenticates users sans the password hassle
We've all been there at some point—tempted to create a user account on a website that's mildly interesting, but the hassle of creating yet another ...

Google makes it easier to authenticate e-mail
... e-mail with just a few clicks in a control panel. Google announced today that it is making it easy for organizations using Google Apps to authenticate ...

CNN.com - CBS' experts say they didn't authenticate Bush memos - Sep 15, 2004
... memos alleging President Bush received special treatment during his service in the Texas Air National Guard told CNN Tuesday they did not authenticate ...

Insert Coin: PIPA Touch fingerprint reader lets phone owners authenticate most anything
In Insert Coin, we look at an exciting new tech project that requires funding before it can hit production. If you'd like to pitch a project, ...

Berkeley researchers authenticate your identity with just your brainwaves, replace passwords with passthoughts ...
In the future, instead of trying to type your mixed-case, numbers-and-punctuation on a painfully small smartphone screen, logging in might be ...

Forget Passwords: This Startup Wants To Authenticate Your Mind
Biocatch detects fraud and identity theft based on your online behaviors. Most online identity security today is based on what you know (like ...

Toss the Token and Let the PC Authenticate You
There are various ways to achieve secure network authentication with perhaps the best known being two-factor authentication – something you have ...