After a user has entered his registration info I want to add him to my database. Is there a specific control which can handle the update/insert of data from a form into a database?

After a user has entered his registration info I want to add him to my database and also validate whether his name/e-mail is already registered. Is there a specific control which can handle the update/insert of data from a form into a database?
If not, how can I add someone?

Basically what im asking is how can I add a new user using the best method (best functionality) of the .NET framework. So validate duplicates AND add this user. ;)

please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already.
0
Peter

I can only update insert or delete Data I have enter in to the database from my aspx pages.

Requesting a simple form that can update & add data to a sql database -- for a noobie
Hello, I am kinda stuck trying to figure out how to build a form and have it add data to a database. I am talking like a contact form that will add the information to a database. I know this has to be simple but for the life of me I just cant seem to do it right. Can someone provide me with a sample so I can see what I am doing wrong? I am using VB Visual Web.   Richard   take a look at Data Controls" : http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/data/default.aspx you can use FormView - it wil allow you add new records , edit/delete the one you have - very...

Where should I start if I want to make a new Address book data source to get data from an obdc database?
Where should I start if I want to make a new Address book data source to get data from an obdc database? ...

inserting data to text file from database and inserting data back to database from text file
Hello friends.... I am looking for 2 things(using c#.net or vb.net and sql svr 2000) 1.convert data from sql server 2000 database (say customers table from northwinds database) to a text file(separated by commas or just plain space) 2.Insert the data from text file back to database. Can someone pls give me the detailed code to achieve this....really need this on urgent basis.......Thank You.Gurjeet,England As for detailed code, I won't give you :P however I can tell you one way of doing this (there are multiple ways).The way I'd do it would be simple:Retrieve the information fr...

Inserting data entered by a user into an access database

using access, cannot update the database, just can show the data from database
i confirmed that the database file is closed, i tried to add a statement conn.Close() before conn.Open(), but i get the same error, waht's wrong with my program..... please help!!  Server Error in '/book' Application. 無法使用 '' ; 檔案已在使用中。 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: 無法使用 '' ; 檔案已在使用中。Source Error: Line 58: str2 = "Provider=Microsof...

Insert data from a dropdownlist and textbox control into a database ( vb.net)
Hi everyone, I am creating an application for my students.  I teach piano.  There are three levels for them: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced. After they have logged in, they are given the opportunity to select various pieces of sheet music to learn according to their level from a dropdown list control.  I have created the database which lists the sheet music and bound it to the dropdownlist control.  I have also added a textbox control where I want them to type in the reason why they selected the particular piece of music to learn (I know, kids hate writing essays, but ...

Retrieving specific data for specific user from the database
How do you pull out specific data on a specific user from the database. Basically i want a user 1 to log on and they can see all the information relating to them such as, user information, the documents they have uploaded etc. And when user 2 logs on their information will be different to user 1. All of this information will be coming from a sql server database. Do i run a sql statement? or do i use sessions? I'm not sure Thank you I've recently implemented something similar myself. I don't know if it is the best way of doing it, but I added user information to a cooki...

pass info from request form to detail view control and add to database
I have form which the end user key in their info like SS and application info. I want when the end user click the hpLink, it go to detail view control and key there  application info and save to the database. How can I transfer the SS to detail view form and insert into the database.   Since it is SS, I do not want to use query string as most example for. Thank.  <asp:Parameter Name="SS" Type="String" /> will come from the request form control txtSS value Here is the form design:   <asp:DetailsView DefaultMode="Insert" AutoGe...

How to add a blank row into GridView Control, for editing and inserting data into database.
Dear all:      I show my data in browser with ObjectDataSource and GridView .The GridView have Edit,Select,Update functions.However ,I have an idea that: if I click some button, the GridView Control can add one blank row in its bottom where I can Edit data and Insert these data into database.I don't know whether the GridView Control  have these function.      Please give me some advise.      Thanks a lot! The GridView don't support Insert. Take a look at th...

How to update data from this Database to orther Database ?
  Please help me How to update data from this Database to orther Database ? Thank As long as the databases are on the same server, just prefix the table names with the database, example use database2 go  insert into database1..abc select * from xyz go Note the 2 periods between the database name adn the table name, this is where the owner would otherwise go, probably dbo in a production environment.  You can leave it empty (ie, just 2 dots) if it's dbo. If the databases are on the different servers there is another solution but performance will be dramatically w...

Can't get database values to display in the default Insert form
HI, I am using a GridView and a DetailsView and would like to be able to pre-populate about half of the form fields in the Insert screen of my details view from data in my database. I am using a sqldatasource and storedprocedures (for the "getthedata" and the "insertthedata") and the functionality of those work just fine.  The only problem is that when the user clicks on the NEW link in the details view, all of the form fields are empty and I would like to pre-populate about half of them with the same data that pre-populates the EDIT screen of the details view.&nbs...

How can i enter data form TextBox to field
 i get the next error about the line: "MyCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()" Disallowed implicit conversion from data type nvarchar to data type money, table 'Contact.dbo.Books', column 'Price'. Use the CONVERT function to run this query. my code:  Dim MyConnection As SqlConnection Dim MyCommand As SqlCommandMyConnection = New SqlConnection("my connection string") MyCommand = New SqlCommand("Insert into Books (BookName, BookSubject, Price, Picture)" & _ "values (@BookName, @BookSubject, @Price, @Picture)", MyConnection)...

Inserting data to the database using ADO.NET "Update" method...slow!
Hi, I am using Odbc ADO.NET code to insert data to a database. I add around 30,000 reocrds to a dataset, and then using a dataadapter if I call the "Update" method to save it takes ages - about 40 minutes!! Is this normal, surely it shouldn't take so long? Admittidly the oracle db server is slow, but not that slow ;) I'm pointing at an Oracle 9i database. The reason I use Odbc rather than the specific Oracle objects is that I also need to be able to point at other databases. I tried changing to Oracle specific objects but it made little difference to performance. My insertCommand looks li...

Web resources about - After a user has entered his registration info I want to add him to my database. Is there a specific control which can handle the update/insert of data from a form into a database? - asp.net.getting-started

Voter registration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is not compulsory, registering one's place of residence with some government agency is required, which automatically constitutes voter registration ...

Apple opens registrations for this year’s ‘Hour of Code’, free programming workshops for kids age 6+
Apple has opened registrations for this year’s ‘Hour of Code’ workshops, providing kids aged six and up with a free one-hour introduction to ...

Every argument against automatic voter registration, debunked
... launched by a group of Democratic campaign veterans, announced that they plan to spend $10 million in order to pass automatic voter registration ...

Obi Worldphone SF1 now up for registration in India
... the former having more premium specs than the latter. It seems the time is near for release, as website Gadgets 360 has exclusively begun registration, ...

Registration for new 'Nintendo account' system opens in Japan
Gamers in Japan can now register for the cross-platform service.

FAA Task Force Recommends Requiring Registration For All Drones
... commercial drones or those operated by public agencies other than the military to be registered the same as manned aircraft. Each registration ...

Chris Christie Vetoes Automatic Voter Registration Bill
... would have added 1.6 million new voters to the state’s rolls and made New Jersey the third state in the country to adopt automatic voter registration. ...

New group will spend $10 million to promote Automatic Voter Registration
Registering to vote tends to be a complicated process rife with mistakes, creating unneeded bureaucracy and resulting in relatively low registration ...

Drone Task Force Recommends Simple Registration Process for Owners
NEWS ANALYSIS: The Unmanned Aircraft Systems Registration Task Force recommends making the drone registration process as easy as possible to ...

FAA Task Force Unveils Drone Registration Recommendations
In a much-anticipated public teleconference today, the co-chairs of the FAA's unmanned aircraft system registration task force announced the ...