About difference in execution between Windows forms, and web forms?

One interviewer has asked me the following question
How the execution differs from windows application to web application?
Means,
How windows forms will be executed?
How web forms will be executed?
and, what is the difference in execution between them?
Ashok kumar
0
kak_mca

 kak_mca wrote:
One interviewer has asked me the following question
How the execution differs from windows application to web application?
And what was your answer to that question?

Alister
0
SomeNewKid
5/28/2005 1:47:36 PM
 kak_mca wrote:
One interviewer has asked me the following question
How the execution differs from windows application to web application?
Means,
How windows forms will be executed?
How web forms will be executed?
and, what is the difference in execution between them?

I am no programming guru but i would have say web apps run on servers and require a browser to render the HTML while winforms run on the client machine
winforms are rich and easier to design and manage than Webforms
winforms are faster than webforms

I am sure there are alot of other differences between them, view the .net framework documentation for more info
0
sammy_1971

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

So confused at the difference of DataGridViews between Windows Forms and Web Forms
I'm trying to do a really simple task with a datagridview on a Windows Form and it is hugely difficult and leaves me feeling quite inadequate. I'll do the same with asp.NET for a web application and it's so easy.  Is it me or are the development teams for these two products from completely different camps? I want to make a DataGridView that will allow Edit and Delete via Buttons and not the generic click on the row and edit stuff default as that is not what the client expects. A tutorial might help me.  Thanks. Geoff Have you tried using the DetailsView or FormView? Ther...

Web Forms or Windows Forms
Hi; I got started a new project for a company's Intranet. This is a test database system which we will use as a pool and put data and update,del,add simply modification operations on.I am learning .NET and implementing this system together I am using web-forms now.Everyone enters their pass and user-name to be able to use the system.But I can implement this system with Windows Forms also.At this case if you were me which form system you would use? Thank you for your replies There are definate advantages to using Web Forms since they do not have to be deployed to each client...

Web Form to Windows Form conversion
Hi,Has any-one seen a conversion tool from asp.net forms to Windows forms - I have seen one the other way. The users don't like one of the pages on an intranet system of ours. This page contains a grid, text boxes and drop downs for product data entry, they need to use this very quickly and it really needs to post back after each row for business rules validation.  They don't like IE. flicker, and they also need it to beep if the page is posting back i.e. they shouldn't be entering data at this stage but they do it that quickly they sometimes...

How do you call a windows form from a web form?
hi,  i doing a vb project which include a web form and a windows form.   How do you call a windows form from a web form? can any kind souls plz tell mi haha....my email is EDITED. i appreciate the help   regards kit  EDITED By: longhorn2005 This gives you an idea using VS 2003-- most of it is still relevant:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/01/UserCtrl/---------------------------------------MCP - Web Based Client Development .NET 2.0 I am attempting to do something similar, I have an existing windows form application that I was asked to i...

Converting Windows Form to Web Form
Is it possible to convert a windows form to a web form? I want to convert a VB 6.0 application I worked on for a year(24 forms) to a web application. My plan is to migrate form VB 6.0 to VB .NET and then to ASP.NET Thank u in advance. well an ASP.NET app can do anything that a VB6 app can do, that is for sure :) so it is possible the question is how easy? how well did you keep separate business from user-interface logic? it may be as simple as cuttting/pasting a bunch of methods, and dropping a few visual components to call them. to maintain full compliance with...

call a web form from a window form
Hi all I need help about calling a web form from a window form. i don't know if this is possible but if it possible please give me some help, any kind of help. thanks. Miguel A. Usually you can open any exe from within the windows form, and to do so, you could open the iexplorer.exe and give it the url of the webform to run it. regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP would you give me an example? please, tanksMiguel A. please i need some documentation or examples about this.Miguel A....

Migrate Window Form to Web Form
Hai  How to convert Window (Visual Basic) Project to ASP.NET Web Project. V can able to convert VB to VB.NET. But i dont know whether VB to ASP.NET is possible Anybody can response this.. Thank Stella.    ...

how to include a windows form in a web form
can sombody tell me how to include a windows form in a web form. what you mean by this....  can expain more about what you are trying to achieve..... The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes Hi, Not very sure by what you mean, but if you want to place a windows form control on a webform, then you can embed a 'Windows Control Library' in a webpage. Check here for a sample. HTH,Suprotim AgarwalASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips  plz check t...

Web resources about - About difference in execution between Windows forms, and web forms? - asp.net.getting-started

Can You Spot the Difference?
The shamelessness on the part of Lenovo is almost breathtaking. Update: And then there’s Samsung’s new TV interface : white frosted translucent ...

Sole difference in tourism stakes
A GIANT blue stiletto heel dubbed Taiwan’s “shoe church” is bringing a touch of oversized glamour to the island’s southern coast.

CES 2016: Netflix expands to new countries, predicts end of regional differences
'We want the citizens of the world to have the same content': Netflix believes it will eliminate regional availability in the next 'five or 10 ...

H-bomb versus A-bomb: Understanding the difference
In a world more accustomed to talking about F-bombs than H-bombs, North Korea's claim that it has detonated one may have you asking what it is, ...

Not a dime's worth of difference? by @BloggersRUs
Not a dime's worth of difference? by Tom Sullivan A couple of articles bring to mind the "lesser of two evils" argument one often hears on ...

Is There Much Difference, Policy-Wise, Between Cruz, Rubio, Herr Trumpf And Ryan?
... Cruz or Rubio gets into the White House, we are in deep, deep trouble. Time to redouble our efforts for the one candidate who can make a difference ...

Sanders on differences with Clinton highlighted in campaign ad - Videos - CBS News
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders joins “CBS This Morning” from Burlington, Vermont, to discuss his latest campaign ad that explains ...