a programming C vs VB vs VB.NET vs ASP.NET

hello friends,

                       i am absoultely new to programming .i does not learn any programming language .i need help . my aim to become MCP (Web Development)

    with any .net , visual basic as well as c#. please help what is first step to start learning. first off  all which programming i have learn .please keep in mind that i does not know any programming . Is programming C or C++ is neccessary to learn. i have learn (asp.net)web development .is i start from Visual basic.net or visual C#.net which is easy to learn . is i start my learning from MCSD.net . please tel me prerequisities.

          I shall be very thankful to you.

        Surjit Singh

-1
Happysidhu

If you are new to programming, learn VB. It is much more intuative and there are more productivity tools to help you write code than C#. C# expects you to be a more advanced programmer and more of a language purist.

Chris Love
ASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications
-1
docluv
6/29/2008 2:36:23 PM

As docluv said, it's better to start with VB than C#. You can very easy learn the basics of programming and .NET programming in general. Then you can move to ASP.NET. But at that time, you will know what to do and what language you wish to choose, after you learn the basics.

Anunturi | Windows Tutorials
Free Web Video Conferencing Setup
-1
yankee
6/29/2008 4:11:09 PM

I started off with C++, then found C# pretty smooth. Transitioning from C# to VB.Net is easier than going from VB.Net to C# (IMO). If you have the time, learn both. Otherwise, make a few "Hello World" apps in C# and VB.Net. See what you like. A base in C++ would help in programming concepts, but isn't "that" necessary for asp.net (as opposed to say 3d game development ;)

-1
HeartattacK
6/29/2008 10:46:45 PM

I think I would learn VB.net first.  Not as widely used in the .NET world as C# but there are lots of tutorials and personally while learning and not having to work about encloseing everything make it easy.

Bob B.
aDigitalHost.com
0
bobmmp
6/30/2008 1:16:14 AM
In my experience C# was easier to learn than VB.NET.  I found myself having to look up a lot more language constructs with VB.  For example whenever closing a code block I had to figure out whether to use "next", "end if" "end while"  "end sub", "end function", "end class" etc.  In C# the closing statement is always "}".  Now, some people don't like that, and think code is much more readable with the explicit end statements.  The point of this is that it is largely personal preference. I would experiment with both and see which language you like best.

Community Coder
0
jamesqua

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

VB.NET Standard vs VS.NET Professional
Hello, I've been using the Trail Version of Visual Studio .NET Professional Edition 2003 and I now need to ask my Boss to buy the Full Version. I'm going to be developing ASP.NET Web Applications that are Data-driven with SQL Server 7.0 and 2000. I'm only going to need Visual Basic for coding my applications. My Question is what version of Visual Studio .NET should I buy??? Since I'm only going to be using Visual Basic should I buy Visual Basic .NET Standard 2003???? or stick with Visual Studio .NET Professional Edition 2003 (bearing in mind is about 10x more expensive). Obvio...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

How to deploy a VS.VB net project to websever withour VS.net
The VB app is developed on VS.net professional. I plan to deploy it on a web server that doesn't have VS.net. Would the code behind files cause problems? Should I compile the app and deploy the assembly only? I'd appreciate some quickstart tips on how to deploy a VS.net VB project to websever withour VS.net. Thanks. Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" The only thing you would need to do is compile the project and push the .aspx files and the bin folder to the server, and of course any other sub-folders that are used in your app like images. The...

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

True OOPS c#.net vs vb.net
Hi, Can i get the comparison between c#.net vs vb.net on the basis of supported object oriented feature. Which one supports more features of OOPS. They both support the same features since they are both based off the same IL code.  You will see no difference between the two.  Hope this helps.P.S.  By using the term "C#.NET" is a dead give away that you are new to the language.  Because C#.NET is a redundant term since C# is only available for the .NET Framework. View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 ...

[Hot Discussion] VB.NET vs. C#.NET by performance
Which one have the much better performance? Which one is the best?Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com Hmmm, the discussion doesn't appear very hot. By the way, the answer is its all personal taste, give or take a few things that aren't important.Thanks, Paul Wilson, ASPInsider, MC**For the best .NET code, examples, and tools, visit:WilsonDotNet.com, WilsonWebPortal.com, ORMapper.net I'...

Difference between now C# is compiled vs. VB.net in VS?
Can anyone tell me the difference between now C# is compiled vs. VB.net in VS? I was given a question of this mature in recent interview and could not answer it, nor could I find anything on the net. The question was more complex than that, I just can't remember in detail. It also contained something regarding "Runtime Module". From what I know, the compiler converts the either code into a "intermediate" language that is then able to communicate with the underlying OS, right? Thanks, EJMSoftware engineering is a team sport. Read the following articles: http...

VB.NET vs. C#.NET Behavior of Visual Studio
I'm transitioning from coding in VB to coding in C#. Maybe I have something set wrong, but a behavioral difference is driving me bananas. When I edit a VB source file, the two drop-downs at the top of the edit view are Class Name and Method Name, and it makes it easy to add a new event handler for any of the controls on the page. Choose which one on the left, pick your event on the right, and VS inserts an empty, properly formatted subroutine. In C# mode, however, those two drop-downs are labeled Types and Members, and there doesn't appear to be a way to tell it to create the empty framew...

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Vb vs. Vb.net
Is there a site anywhere that you can plug in a line of vb code to get the equivalent of vb.net? If not, wouldn't that be nice! For example .SelStart, I get flagged for (as with the text box example below.) if Me.txtMessage1.SelStart > 0 I have a lot of VB from another application that I want to reproduce in vb.net. Being new to Vb.net I do not know where to start. Any Suggestions? And can you tell me how to rewrite the line above for vb.net? (of course if you can answer the line above, it could open up to a couple of more questions). ThanksThanks Whil...

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

VB vs VB.Net
Dear Friend I am a learner of .net. I want to know that as .net support many language then can i run a c program in .net as c is a structured programing language. Further what is diffrence between vb and vb.net? Where can i get the complite discusion about .net framwork?   Regard   Arun    simpymaalik :Further what is diffrence between vb and vb.net?Have a look at:http://www.dotnetspider.com/resources/1303-Difference-between-VB-VB-NET.aspx http://www.thescarms.com/vbasic/vb6vsvbnet.aspx simpymaalik : Where can i get the complite discusion about ....

Web resources about - a programming C vs VB vs VB.NET vs ASP.NET - asp.net.getting-started

Computer programming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer programming (often shortened to programming or coding ) is the process of designing , writing, testing , debugging , and maintaining ...

Contract Junior Programmer (JAVA Programming) 151222/JP/851

Extreme Programming Is People!
... in the ballroom of the Marriott hotel where XP/Agile Universe 2002 took place. It was the second North American conference on Extreme Programming ...

Craig Federighi promotes Hour of Code workshops, saying programming is “the next level of literacy”
... of Code workshops for kids aged 6 and up, SVP of software engineering Craig Federighi has told the BBC that introducing young children to programming ...

ABC’s Lincoln Square Productions to Double Programming Output
Lincoln Square Productions, the in-house production company at ABC News, plans to double the hours of original productions and syndicated programming ...

Apple Open Sources The Swift Programming Language
Back in June at WWDC 2015 Apple surprised a number of people by announcing that they would be making their Swift programming language open source ...

Apple takes the Swift programming language open source
First promised back at WWDC in June , Apple has just taken its Swift programming language open source with the introduction of a new site – swift.org ...

Netflix to double its lineup of original programming in 2016
If the sixteen original scripted shows launched on Netflix's streaming platform this year weren't enough to satisfy your thirst for new content, ...

Google hopes to remake programming with Go
A Unix co-creator is among those behind a language Google hopes will speed computers and programming. Today, Go becomes open-source software. ...

U.S. expects drop in programming jobs, but gains in IT jobs overall
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) says IT jobs will grow 12% over the next decade, except for programmers. That occupation will shrink ...