A good starting point

 I need to create a .Net executable that can be called by multiple programs.  The calling programs are PowerBuilder apps, Java apps, and other .Net programs.  The 'called' .Net program will connect to a Sql server database. An input parameter is need to passed into the new program and it will return a string.

What is the best way to jump start this process?

mark836

I'm not really sure but have your tried looking into Web Services?

Regards,Vinz

vinz
5/5/2009 2:04:03 AM

How about making a console application http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/452fz12a(VS.80).aspx

- William

Give some of my PWSK modules a try.
0
whighfield
5/5/2009 2:06:40 AM

 Try with windows service in .net.

Ahsan Murshed
__________________________
Please "Mark as Answered" if helpful for you.
ASP BOSS
0
ahsanm
5/5/2009 3:26:27 AM

Hi.

1. You can create a .net class library project, that will be called by another programs.
2. You can create XML Web service also.

 Regards, Thirumalai

0
Thirumalai_pm

Truely just getting started, so where should I start?
I've already been working a thread on a good reference/learning book.  but truely I'm just getting started.  I've a background with HTML and some CSS But this is my first foray into any sort of application language.  I've had an interest in PHP and ASP but have only recently started to make the effort to learn.  I'm starting with the videos available here and they are great for learning the development application but I've not the programming background to easily absorb some of the more programming based processes.  I've no college resources where I'm at other than o...

Good starting point?
Hi, I know this is often asked but I really have searched high and low but am still confused. I am building my own forum software for my students and now want to add RSS feeds to all of the public data. A sample of it is at http://www.whatsthehampton.com/ - please ignore the content if you take a look! If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative. Many thanks, J  Whatsthehampton.com - A community server development project in asp.net (vb) Hey, You could easily add this rss framework to your site. as long as you give credits and its for no...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

How to set Thunderbird to start or to not start when Windows starts?
New to this forum, and got only a week's worth of topics. I have recently migrated Thunderbird from XP to Vista, but I still use the XP workstation and want to keep Thunderbird on it, but I don't want it to start each time at boot up. Can someone tell me how to prevent Thunderbird from starting when Windows starts in WinXP ? I have looked in the registry, in the profiles.ini and in the Thunderbird help section. Also, how to set it up to start when Vista starts? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070709080209030101050405 Content...

Starting allready started!?!
I started develop sites, when I was young with ASP, just for curiosity, and so on carry it like a hobby. Today I’m creating a forum in ASP.Net, which I wished have the same editing text like we’ve here in learn visual studio, but anyway, now I want get some money from it. Haven’t been easy to do this forum, but I think I can handle it. This forum have criptografation, because only restricted people can enter in this app, every discussion is recorded in an XML file. Well I’m thinking that I’m doing a good Job. So how much should I ask for it? Is measuring how much I suffer to get it? ...

Getting started .net website

Looking for a good starting point...
I have been tinkering with ASP.NET/C# development for a couple days and am looking to advance and become more proficient. Reading through a few posts and checking various online tutorial sites I found http://www.innerworkings.com/ . I was curious if anyone has experience with this and what they may of thought of the services offered. I have experience from from years past with development in PERL, PHP 3 and MySQL, although my time spent doing so was short in duration, i found my niche as a Cisco Engineer and left development land 4 or 5 years ago. Looking to get up to speed quickly...

How can I get conky start automatically when I start fvwm?
How can I get conky start automatically when I start fvwm? I setup the conky under fvwm session for my Opensuse 11 but it won't start automatically. I am wondering how to write some kind of scripts to force it to start automatically and with a delay about 10 seconds after fvwm starts. Thanks a lot. :P -- ggyyree ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Maybe this will help you: 'Conky Hardcore! � ssc.sh' (http://conky.linux-hardcore.com/?page_id=503) -- Coffee is like Linux, only cool people use it. Tea is like W...

Start up when Windows starts up?
Name: Christopher Bothma Email: chrisjboatgmaildotcom Product: Sunbird Summary: Start up when Windows starts up? Comments: I think that Sunbird is a wonderful application, as I only discovered it a few days ago. However, it would be nice if I could select it to start automatically when Windows starts up, as I can't seem to find it. Reason being is that I have set tasks and reminders, but if I haven't launched Sunbird, it doesn't alert me if I'm busy with other applications. It would be cool to have the option to alert me as soon as windows has started. ...

Get start with Share Point
Hi friend's     Some body can help me, I am beginning with Share Point. I have a Share Point Portal and I need upload files into a Document Library How can I do? Greetings.  Hi kyddyan,Do you want to do the upload programmatically or not? You can do it this way:Go to your document libraryOn the right top of your document library you have a "View" dropdownlist.Change the view to: "Explorer View"Now open a Windows Explorer and drag the folder you want to upload to the "Explorer View" of the Document Library.Kind regards,Wim Pl...

Start stop and then start again
Name: Bill Butler Email: b143datearthlinkdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Start stop and then start again Comments: FireFox starts microsoft reports that it must shut down then I restart it and all is well. I uninstalled it, and downloaded fresh, installed and it does the same thing. Windows XP, updated daily. ??????????????????????? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Web resources about - A good starting point - asp.net.getting-started

Starting Over (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Six women at a time work to overcome obstacles and meet personal goals. When it is determined that a woman has met all her goals, she "graduates" ...

Wikipedia:Starting an article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a page about writing a new article, not the place to actually write it! If you would like to experiment, please use the sandbox or your ...

Facebook Aims To Curb App Spam: Starting Oct. 2, Developers Can No Longer Use API To Post Directly To ...
Starting Oct. 2, applications on Facebook will no longer be able to use its application-programming interfaces to post stories directly to the ...

Starting work on Luleå building 2
It’s been less than a year since we first started serving traffic from our Luleå data center; one of the greenest, most cutting-edge facilities ...

ImplementingScrum - Starting Tough Conversations about Software Development
Scrum Cartoons. Scrum Teams are made up of a ScrumMaster, Product Owner & Team Members. Start those difficult conversations today.

Facebook starting rollout of image-focused sidebar ads
In April, Facebook announced that it is making the images in sidebar ads much bigger . The company recently notified Preferred Marketing Developers ...

Starting Blocks (@sblocks) on Twitter

Angela Ahrendts: ‘Starting Anew’
Angela Ahrendts, writing on LinkedIn: Also, trust your instincts and emotions. Let them guide you in every situation; they will not fail you. ...

Starting a Business with Venture Capital for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation) ...
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Starting a Business with Venture Capital on the App Store. Download ...

Paper by FiftyThree makes starting new projects easier with templates
... inks on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. Paper - Notes, Photo Annotation, and Sketches by FiftyThree Paper by FiftyThree makes starting new projects ...